Keaton Batman- Custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that rotocast Batman Returns figure was made by Kenner. I had one when I was a kid.

I think Shawn did a nice job with his. The sculpt isn't quite right but overall it's a good figure. I'd love for HT to make one though.

I think Shawn did a nice job with his. The sculpt isn't quite right but overall it's a good figure. I'd love for HT to make one though.

Shawn actually had a more accurate returns armor made at first but don't know why he changed it .......... may be the mold was broken or something..... HT's one will be excellent. Here is Shawn's very 1st
returns figure (I ordered this but got the different armor one :()
usapic007.jpg

I think that rotocast Batman Returns figure was made by Kenner. I had one when I was a kid.

Ah, thank you.

Wow, that's great! I think I actually prefer the Returns figure!

If they did that though, they'd have to make a Pfeifer Catwoman.

:drool :drool :drool
omg, that would be incredible!

Penguin would be cool too! :rock

Been working on a MP Catwoman for a while now. Should have her up by year's end. I do have the Henry Wayne Batman Returns figure, and he is pretty rockin. Had to change out the body though, so he was the same height at my custom 89. And more posable. But Henry's armor is second to none. Not too posable, but REALLY accurate. The cowl needs some work, but is pretty close.

And for anyone wanting to buy my 89, sorry. No go. All the King's Horses and All the King's men... Same with my Nicholson Joker. Too personal and too close to my heart. But, I wish I could make more. BELIEVE me, I would. If anyone ever snags the Billiken kits though, might be coerced to make one for you sometime.

Anyway, great stuff on here. Love seeing these. And Coco, other than you must be up to no good, lol, You and Maulfan both (I'm gonna have to discuss the situation with Maulfan... :tap ) I do very much LOVE your Batman collection, AND, as we both know, it will be growing in a couple of very interesting ways sometime soon.
A joint venture to be sure!
(I'm gonna need some hats too! So, stay tuned there!)

Anyway, thanks guys.

Wow, so much awesomeness in this thread... I was part of the Freaks V2 batch; I think I got mine a few months after Pjam, but before the 3rd (?) cowl.

Have to say, I do prefer the earlier face on Coco's new aquisition; definitely has more of a Keaton vibe.

Yeah, I think you and I were part of the 2nd group to get them from Shawn, pjam was part of the first 3 people to get one, then Shawn made some fixes on the sculpt, which I prefer, and we were the next 3 to get it, I think there were a few more groups that got it before he got to really experimenting with new cowls and suits.

I think he might have altered the points on the bottom of the cowl as it was tearing the capes... may be making that part up though.

On the one we got? I'm not sure all the differences, but the one I do remember and really like is he thickened out the neck so that the head flowed into the shoulders a little more smoothly instead of coming in too much near the jawline, at least I thought it was too much. Of the heads he's used since the Freaks deal started, I feel the one we got is his best, but the older ones do have something nice about them too.

Yep, I was just looking through the posts and the neck was widened and the way the emblem attaches to the cowl was altered to be more accurate.

Man, I didn't realize I've had this figure for over 2 years now :lol

Yeah, I forget what for, but I went back to the early days of this thread and realized how long ago it was, a bit shocking.

WHAT do you think of the one that is being sold on Ebay ? I think there is a fella from Singapore(customworz/JON) who makes one with a leather cape. How does that one compare to Shawn's version ? I think the guy want like $200 + for it

Customworkz is a member here that makes an impressive Batman figure.

I think most people that offer custom Keaton figures do a nice job, the thing I find for myself is, I have a certain look I remember about him from the movie and no matter how well made, some customs just don't do it for me because they don't match my personal vision. One thing about '89 Batman is the cowl looked quite different throughout because of the poor quality of the masks with the budget, somtimes his ears would stick almost straight up, sometimes there was a slight curve. I remember the ears as curving slightly inward, similar to the cowls Bale wears, a lot of customs do the more straight up look.

If you find a custom that looks right to you, I don't think you can really go wrong with any of them, maybe some people here who've bought so-so ones could chime in on makers/versions you'd want to stay clear of.

Jon makes a great Batman figure. I think the cape is way too thick though. If you're a stickler on sculpt accuracy Jon's is the one you want right now. Sovereign Studios misses the mark these days in that area.

There are pros and cons to either maker's figure though.

COCOboloboy

If oyu have them , can you pose both figures ( Shawn's V2 and Jon's ) side by side ?

I have the V2 of Shawns and is now thinking of getting the version from Jon ? I really like Shawn's version but the cape kind of suck in my opinion. I had my figure now for a whild ( 2yrs ? ) and the cape hangs very odd now.

Thx

COCOboloboy

If oyu have them , can you pose both figures ( Shawn's V2 and Jon's ) side by side ?

I have the V2 of Shawns and is now thinking of getting the version from Jon ? I really like Shawn's version but the cape kind of suck in my opinion. I had my figure now for a whild ( 2yrs ? ) and the cape hangs very odd now.

Thx

MaulFan quoted the pic you probably wanted (thanks MF!). If you don't like the cape on Shawn's then you won't be any happier with Jon's. It's even thicker and, IMHO, harder to work with plus it's cloth on the inside which makes it less screen accurate.

I haven't gotten a custom Keaton Bats yet where the cape isn't a problem. Alex Rojas' Bats had the best cape out of all I've had but the rest of the figure wasn't all that great.

The problem is, pleather tends to be rigid, I haven't encountered any of it that if you made a 1/6 cape from that material, it'd be flexible and workable. That's why I'm big on seeing HT tackle it, I'm just curious to see what a big corporation with resources like them would come up with for a cape.

Thanks guys but..

Can I get a close up of the JOn figure to see how the cape looks and the figure in general ? I see all the picture jON has on line and his Bat from his " Promotional Pics" sure look pretty nice

I am a huge bat fan and just in case anyone has an interest, a guy I know ( who has become a pretty good friend) is NOW making ADAM WEST Batman and you can check out the post I have up on this figure. I have a few of the adam West Bat he made for me and it is very cool

Cheers

YMBA!

Last edited:
Back