Joker: Folie à Deux

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lady Gaga confirmed.

Joker 2 canceled

:chase

cat-what.gif

Call me a fool but I'm really excited for this - Gaga is a great actress, the musical direction could be very interesting and guarantees something different... I like that the first movie took some risks, so I am also excited that the sequel isn't just playing the same tune again.
This all but confirms a live-action "Mad Love" style storyline that will be dealt with at greater length, more creativity and more seriousness than the 2 minutes it received in the original Suicide Squad movie (which was mostly just Leto mugging for the camera and doing "random" things that somehow made Margot Robbie crazy and fall in love with him.... god that movie sucks so much).

The best thing about Harley’s character is the Joker and her relationship with him, IMO. Leto ruined that for Margot and her solo film did her no favors. I did like her best in Suicide Squad 2 though.

I do think Gaga will be better.

73vuk5.gif

Call me a fool but I'm really excited for this - Gaga is a great actress, the musical direction could be very interesting and guarantees something different... I like that the first movie took some risks, so I am also excited that the sequel isn't just playing the same tune again.
This all but confirms a live-action "Mad Love" style storyline that will be dealt with at greater length, more creativity and more seriousness than the 2 minutes it received in the original Suicide Squad movie (which was mostly just Leto mugging for the camera and doing "random" things that somehow made Margot Robbie crazy and fall in love with him.... god that movie sucks so much).
Yep straight Mad Love
joker-dance.gif

+
6oxk4o.gif

x
6oxsrb.gif

=

Lady Gaga's 'Joker 2' Role Confirmed in Musical Teaser - Variety

If true Gaga could make an interesting Harley, and as Arthur spent much of the first film dancing and imagining things, expanding in Arthur's head and beyond, into some over the top Musical could be next level.
As the new title Folie à Deux implies a delusion shared by two people, the two (at least in part) being in a Musical actually makes bizarre sense :lol

Although I still have little interest in it, and it's not their main MU. (as if DC/WB has such a thing) If I see it, depends on the trailer.

Last edited:
Well this is going to be a weird film but hey Dc do what they do

WB will no longer license out ZSJL for promotions only the Whedon JL! :horror
How can some people keep making the same mistake so many times.....
Is there anyone on the planet who thinks Whedon's version was the better cut of the movie outside of the wounded ego circle-jerk of WB executives?
I swear if it wasn't for this Joker movie and Battinson I'd be so done with all WBs flip-flopping, headless chicken, ALWAYS backing the worst horse crap.
As it is, those IPs are the only things DC has left that keep me sticking around.
Aquaman with the feces woman has lost my interest.... the fact she hasn't been fired floors me.
Flash starring Ezra Miller as a real-life GTA avatar pushing for 5 wanted stars is now unwatchable for me even if the studio shove Keaton in it and try their hardest to make the only Flash movie made so far into a movie about everyone but the Flash.... there is literally no excuse to keep this POS on the docket as is and even less to not have fired Miller and recast him already.
Shazam was fun but not unique enough for me to be desperate to see a sequel.... I will hopefully be pleasantly surprised when I see it on tv.
Black Adam will do the same thing EVERY "Movie from the POV of the supposed bad guy" does (i.e Suicide Squad, Harley Quinn, Venom, Morbius, Maleficent etc.) which is basically make them good guys with the suggestion of possessing an edge that never do anything truly evil and covers their worst moments with not-that-dark palatable humor - Joker is the only such villain movie I can think of so far that didn't fall into this cheap safe route.

............. honestly its all just a bit meh for me now, unless there is some serious course-correction I frankly dont see myself caring about DC movies anymore outside the Batman, Joker and other such related IPs.

The chances of a reconcilliation with Snyder is probably less than zero at this point, the WB execs seem to genuinely loathe the man and seek to destroy him - which is not only a pity as this whole thing is a mess of the execs making, it also deprives us of a chance to at least have SOME semblance of a plan and greater story to our DC movies - if they hadn't done all they could to derail the path everything was on Snyder would have already completed his 5 movie arc by now, the Snyderverse would be its own self-contained thing that came and went and we would now be excited for a new DC universe level project and vision......
Instead we have this endless mire with no end or hope in sight.

Back