Joker: Folie à Deux

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This could end up being train-wreck or being good…it’s DC so I am putting on the microwave popcorn, letting it go stale…and waiting for the internet and this forum burn down over this movie…

For any other comic character, I would say a musical is probably a bad idea. If they lean into the musical being in his/their head(s) I could see this being just crazy enough to work. Hopefully they get Gaga to help write the songs, I imagine they would, right? The musical numbers will likely make or break the film.

Gaga is far from the worst possible casting. It could be Doja Cat.

It could be Cardi B.

It could be Katy Perry. Count your blessings they cast someone even in the same realm of type.

Remember when they cast Paris Hilton in Repo! The Genetic Opera? We had Sarah Brightman singing, and then there was.... Paris Hilton singing. It was like putting a [vocal] Bugatti next to a [vocal] Volkswagon. So just remember: it could be worse.

Saying it could be worse does not make it better. This comes from someone who gave Cop Rock a shot.

MDPsTDm.gif

It was actually good, until they started singing. It's not that the singing was bad, but how it took you out of the drama.

I always wanted a Beyoncé or rhianna for poison ivy. Idk bout Doha cat being Harley she’s ok but she not fine when she cut her hair off

I thought the first film was one of the most terrible things I ever watched...just not my cup of tea. Moderately interested in this as a huge fan of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and the musical episode Once More With Feeling. If they can make that work, this might just be crazy enough to be good. I think Gaga as Harley will be excellent, personally.

Current Jane Fonda would make an excellent Joker I’m frightened before the makeup is even applied…she’s even got the laugh right!

Hell i’ll bet she’ll even throw the hair in for free!

2895E99F-CB5F-48B8-B1C6-4FA2BEA289E4.jpeg

What’s a Doja Cat?

God i’m old.

I can explain it.

A "Doja Cat" is slang for when an Amish person shows up on Tinder and racks up an impressive body count.

But sometimes it's a reference to a dyslexic Star Wars character named Tac Ajod, a Sullustian shoe salesman that would set up cameras in the cantinas to get juicy footage of people's feet. It was a marketing bonanza. He was in one of the deleted scenes in The Force Awakens.

Duh.

Back