Statue JND Studios: The Dark Knight - Ledger Joker 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im sorry dude but im not a fan of the jail the scene, please fogive me

16a56fd201c0a1e05743b51e8d33a6b1.gif

Thats what i like

tumblr_ngc7btlo9y1r1k6vvo2_r1_500.gifv

Where’s the damn video?
That's what I wanna know too. I'm hoping it'll come out sometime this week.

On a side note, I just received(and paid) my 8th invoice. One more payment left!😀 Question for anyone who has purchased directly from JND in the past, does JND send the final invoice + shipping once the product is ready to ship? Or should I expect to receive the final invoice as scheduled then pay the shipping bill once its ready to ship?
Edit: Never mind. I just checked the JND site and it looks like I'll receive the final invoice + shipping once its ready to ship. Fingers crossed this bad boy will be ready to ship within the next couple of months.

Last edited:
Im sorry dude but im not a fan of the jail the scene, please fogive me
I like the actual movie jail and interrogation scenes. What I don't like is how so many companies go for the Empire magazine cover (like Queen Studios did) where his hair doesn't even look like it does in the actual movie and since it's based on the magazine cover, the likeness always seems a little off.

QS has by far the best likeness on a mass produced Ledger Joker to date. To pass it off because of the hair is a minor reason but to each his own. I still don’t see the likeness on JND but I’m eagerly awaiting the production video to sway me. Happy to buy but not if it looks like prototype. Their WW looks great but Ledger looks way too old and puffy.

I like the actual movie jail and interrogation scenes. What I don't like is how so many companies go for the Empire magazine cover (like Queen Studios did) where his hair doesn't even look like it does in the actual movie and since it's based on the magazine cover, the likeness always seems a little off.
Honestly, who even cares? It's a statue, a piece of art. Sometimes certain scenes or looks don't translate well in statue form, and artistic liberties are taken. They probably chose to style the hair the way they did because it was probably easier from a production point of view.

Replicating the messy hair exactly as it was in the movie might be doable for an artist working on the prototype, but would be quite difficult to replicate on a mass scale.

End of the day, the likeness is there, even if the hairstyle is a little different from the jail scene. It can be easily adjusted by the customer anyway, if you want to make it more scene-accurate. In fact, out of the box the hair isn't great so it needs some slight adjusting regardless, which I did to mine and I think it looks perfect now.

I have no problem with anyone who likes the QS piece. It is in fact a nice statue and my comments weren’t meant to throw jabs at anyone who likes it or owns it. I don’t see the likeness, which is my opinion and that’s fine. For those who like it that’s great too. I was merely adding my thoughts on why I do not like that look that so many companies have gone for. I wasn’t saying that the statue isn’t good. Just why it wasn’t for me :dunno I tend to go against the grain to what most collectors on this forum like so pay my comment no mind if it rubbed you the wrong way

I have no problem with anyone who likes the QS piece. It is in fact a nice statue and my comments weren’t meant to throw jabs at anyone who likes it or owns it. I don’t see the likeness, which is my opinion and that’s fine. For those who like it that’s great too. I was merely adding my thoughts on why I do not like that look that so many companies have gone for. I wasn’t saying that the statue isn’t good. Just why it wasn’t for me :dunno I tend to go against the grain to what most collectors on this forum like so pay my comment no mind if it rubbed you the wrong way
Honestly, it didn't even sound like you didn't like the statue to me lol. It just sounded like you didn't like how the hair wasn't screen-accurate so I was just commenting on that (also with my opinion). You're free to have your opinion if you don't like the statue of course :)

Personally I've only seen that look from 2 companies, QS and Sideshow, unless there is others I'm not aware of.

You certainly didn't rub me the wrong way man, maybe my reply comes across as aggressive so I apologise if that's the case. We're all friends here :1-1:

Looks like the hairline changed/got worse, I'm on the fence right now
I think this angle was the best but the front on like the new youtube thumbnail looks less like him
5de36894d9dda.jpg

min sorry I don’t see the likeness at all. Still looks old and puffy. QS wins the likeness dept here. I’ll wait for their inevitable purple Joker. I see P1 has a better likeness. Was really wanting this to be updated to order but it’s a pass. It’s a wonderful piece but for the price the sculpt still isn’t there for me.
70C08EA2-A932-4776-AF01-F42B3626656D.jpeg

I can kind of see where you're coming from especially when comparing the likeness to the photo you posted. On the Show & tell video JND posted months ago, Daniel mentioned that the expression wasn't exactly from the Hit me scene. They obviously went with the hit me scene pose and seems like they went with something similar to the "hit me" expression from the promotional photos. Nonetheless, the production piece looks phenomenal.
aae5fbf513328a405dae21857915b449.jpg
Screenshot_20210813-082039_Chrome.jpg

min sorry I don’t see the likeness at all. Still looks old and puffy. QS wins the likeness dept here. I’ll wait for their inevitable purple Joker. I see P1 has a better likeness. Was really wanting this to be updated to order but it’s a pass. It’s a wonderful piece but for the price the sculpt still isn’t there for me.
View attachment 534494
I agree, the likeness isn't there for me

Also I don't like the doll-looking hairline that JND does - learn from Queen please guys

I agree, the likeness isn't there for me

Also I don't like the doll-looking hairline that JND does - learn from Queen please guys
In person the hairline doesn't look like it does in the up-close pictures. Wonder Woman vastly improved on Arthur Flecks with the addition of painted lines in transition to the hair, but it isn't doll looking at all, it's actually done incredibly well.

I'm loving the look of this and can't wait for it to be my third piece from them. I think the main problem with his hairline however is how cookie cut it is. But I doubt it'll be as clear as it is in the video in person, from a normal viewing distance the other two look absolutely fine.

I'm just gonna be honest. This is probably the worst high end Heath Joker.
Im so underwhelmed by this statue, which is shocking cause I believe that JND right now is probably THE best company that produces a full figure.
I think they're better than Prime 1, Queen, Sideshow, XM, etc.
I think they are on top of the food chain.

Their hyperreal figures are such a work of art and mindblowing.
So I'm really shocked that for a character that has been done many times and people just go crazy over and over in analyzing...their Heath Joker is just...Meh.

The problem is that that even though they have tried to get the best materials, sculpture, posing, etc...they picked an image of the Joker that is just not flattering.
Its like making an oil painting of a very very beautiful actress, and when choosing an image to paint her, you picked a non-flattering image of her to paint.
You can try to make the painting as beautiful as you can, making it look so realistic, with great lighting effects, but still...the image would be...Meh.

I'm just kinda shocked and thought that when they were gonna make adjustments, I thought it had to be major ones.
Sorry, but this statue should have been the pinnacle in their portfolio.

View attachment 534494
This is what I wish the portrait looked like. Seems like JND wanted it to look more menacing though and took some artistic liberties to accomplish that, which is unfortunate since I feel like if they just went with this shot and nail the likeness they would have the perfect 1/3 Ledger Joker.

I'm just gonna be honest. This is probably the worst high end Heath Joker.
Im so underwhelmed by this statue, which is shocking cause I believe that JND right now is probably THE best company that produces a full figure.
I think they're better than Prime 1, Queen, Sideshow, XM, etc.
I think they are on top of the food chain.

Their hyperreal figures are such a work of art and mindblowing.
So I'm really shocked that for a character that has been done many times and people just go crazy over and over in analyzing...their Heath Joker is just...Meh.

The problem is that that even though they have tried to get the best materials, sculpture, posing, etc...they picked an image of the Joker that is just not flattering.
Its like making an oil painting of a very very beautiful actress, and when choosing an image to paint her, you picked a non-flattering image of her to paint.
You can try to make the painting as beautiful as you can, making it look so realistic, with great lighting effects, but still...the image would be...Meh.

I'm just kinda shocked and thought that when they were gonna make adjustments, I thought it had to be major ones.
Sorry, but this statue should have been the pinnacle in their portfolio.
Very well said. Ledger is one the most recognizable characters in cinema history and with JND’s record so far and attention to detail this misses the mark. What should have been the best Ledger Likeness and figure unfortunately falls flat for the hype. It’s an amazing piece for sure but for the love of the character and their talent it misses the mark. Happy to wait for QS and P1 now.

Back