Statue JND Studios: The Dark Knight - Ledger Joker 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally I think this looks fantastic. There will always be things folks can nitpick, but I can't imagine someone coming over to your house, seeing this on display, and saying "yeah it's pretty good, but the hairline is a millimeter too far back." That said, JND was the most expensive when compared to QS and P1. So once some side-by-side comparisons come out we'll see how it holds up to collector scrutiny. I chose the QS AE version because I wanted to stick to 1:4 scale and I thought the proto looked better (not to mention the $500 price difference), but now that I have 1:3 WW, Harley and Catwoman coming, I do regret not going with this for scale consistency. Maybe I'll be able find one down the road, although not for a ridiculous aftermarket premium. There's always something new.

Personally I think this looks fantastic. There will always be things folks can nitpick, but I can't imagine someone coming over to your house, seeing this on display, and saying "yeah it's pretty good, but the hairline is a millimeter too far back." That said, JND was the most expensive when compared to QS and P1. So once some side-by-side comparisons come out we'll see how it holds up to collector scrutiny. I chose the QS AE version because I wanted to stick to 1:4 scale and I thought the proto looked better (not to mention the $500 price difference), but now that I have 1:3 WW, Harley and Catwoman coming, I do regret not going with this for scale consistency. Maybe I'll be able find one down the road, although not for a ridiculous aftermarket premium. There's always something new.
QS 1/4 looks fantastic, but I don’t collect on that scale. Only 1/3, 1/2 and busts. So the choice for me came down to P1 and JND, and for me, the latter is just extremely better in quality and execution. It’s also a higher end product compared to P1.

Yeah, I was definitely surprised waking up to that email. That shipping price though. Damn. $325. Not sure why I expected it to be less, I should've known better. Oh well, it is what it is. Anyone think we'll get it before Thanksgiving?

Yeah, I was definitely surprised waking up to that email. That shipping price though. Damn. $325. Not sure why I expected it to be less, I should've known better. Oh well, it is what it is. Anyone think we'll get it before Thanksgiving?
with that shipping price we should lol!!!

Production unboxing:

I honestly am not feeling it. I know QS is 1/4th, but the likeness on the QS along with their hair method just looks "right." I don't like how the JND's hair looks at all.

joker.jpg

Production unboxing:

I honestly am not feeling it. I know QS is 1/4th, but the likeness on the QS along with their hair method just looks "right." I don't like how the JND's hair looks at all.

View attachment 544972

yeah I think the shape of the hair and something about the likeness has decreased for me, I honestly only like it from a distance now

Disagree personally, I love it. It takes inspiration from the “hit me” scene though it’s not intended to be an exact match. I personally love focusing on the rage and anger of Ledger’s Joker. For me, JND is 3/3, but obviously everyone has their own taste which is fine.

in every video he made he said other companies try the best but we make the best but i cant see it!
Coat to long/bright looks to messed up, troat to long, hair to long and to dark, face sculpt not HL. The Base is the best part to me. But its the best statue ever made up to date he said, i say Ha-Ha-Ha

in every video he made he said other companies try the best but we make the best but i cant see it!
Coat to long/bright looks to messed up, troat to long, hair to long and to dark, face sculpt not HL. The Base is the best part to me. But its the best statue ever made up to date he said, i say Ha-Ha-Ha
I mean, that’s your opinion and that’s totally fine, but I totally disagree with everything you said. It’s funny how statues, much like art can be widely subjective.

Loved the unboxing video, I personally think he looks amazing!!

Not sure what you mean by it not looking like Ledger... as stated above, all art is subjective though.
However, he is based on that specific scene in the movie.

His makeup was half smeared off, hair was a mess, etc. It looks how it should, based
on the souce they were taking cues from.

Oh, and JND's hair absolutely destroys Queen's attempt at it. So much more realistic.

Cannot wait to see him in person!

I'm not even talking about expression or makeup. Mostly the hair. The hair appearance is still off compared to the scene. Stiff, wrong color, and weird/too uniform at the hairline.

Who knows though, maybe the QS artist edition will turn out bad.

Last edited:
Sorry for the price and it being the “best” it’s really not. Only thing that makes this best is the low edition size. Can’t beat that. Other than that even P1 looks better than JND at a cheaper price. The bleach spots on vest. I was tempted to order this because JND is so low for edition sizes but rather put funds towards 1/2 QS Ledger Joker.

Attachments

• 90A72EC5-29D8-4887-886C-E84ADECDE6A0.png
    90A72EC5-29D8-4887-886C-E84ADECDE6A0.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 65
Production unboxing:

View attachment 544972

I think they both look great, but agree QS looks more like one would expect. From these pics, the tailoring edge seems to go to JND. I also really like the intensity of the eyes and the makeup application. I POed the QS but would have been happy either way.

I think the face is mostly fine, the paint app is a little bit flat for what it could be, I feel like something on it needs to pop a little more. But yeah, the hair is all wrong. It's far too straight and organised, not to mention the hair colour looks like he's just freshly dyed it green, as opposed to his roots being brown with gradiants of light to dark green on the way down.

Got this coming in early December, I do think the shots in the unboxing were best when it wasn't zoomed in. WW and AF knocked it out of the park, so this will no doubt be phenomenal also, as an art piece and representation of the Joker. But, in saying that, I can freely admit they could have done a lot better with the hair, and they could have gone further with the paint app in my opinion also - I feel like the inner most parts of his eyes and lips should both be punchier and then fade out to how it is.

But, all in all, can't wait to receive him!

Sorry for the price and it being the “best” it’s really not. Only thing that makes this best is the low edition size. Can’t beat that. Other than that even P1 looks better than JND at a cheaper price. The bleach spots on vest. I was tempted to order this because JND is so low for edition sizes but rather put funds towards 1/2 QS Ledger Joker.
Exactly, just look how bad the hair looks from the side. If I had paid the money for this I'd be disappointed, they tout the hand punched hair but it doesn't mean anything if it looks awful

Even from other angles, if you could accept the bulkiness and non realism, the colour is just flat green, and not even the right shade. Added to the overly large stitching on the coat and the old face, I can't see how this is worth the hype

Exactly, just look how bad the hair looks from the side. If I had paid the money for this I'd be disappointed, they tout the hand punched hair but it doesn't mean anything if it looks awful

Even from other angles, if you could accept the bulkiness and non realism, the colour is just flat green, and not even the right shade. Added to the overly large stitching on the coat and the old face, I can't see how this is worth the hype
honestly I was disappointed and even checked to see if I can get a refund but I can't, but I also might really like it in person so just have to wait and see and also see if it's easy enough to change the look of the hair a bit

Back