JND / Kojun Works to do sixth scale figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can imagine this being quite expensive, but I'm just wondering on the longevity of those moving parts, especially the fingers. I can imagine overtime alot of folks will complain of finger pokes 😅

It feels like JND is trying to do alot just to one up HT and IA, It looks impressive don't get me wrong, but I'm just feeling abit flat because its another Joker.

Looks really impressive and the magnetic eyes are such a good touch. We’ll have to see what the final sculpt looks like though to see if this really does beat the InArt figure. The only thing I’m not a fan of is the rooted hair. I’m more into the sculpted hair look
hate rooted hair. makes me feel like i collect dolls. 😙

imo full silicone body is aesthetically more pleasing than semi seamless.

folks probably not aware that solid joints can really show on good tailoring clothing and tight fitting shirt/pants. even ankle joints can protrude within the socks if the figure wear shorts or skirts.

but i never owned good tailoring figures

Will be interesting to see how this lands.

I have 0 desire to upgrade my Inart joker, despite it having some cool upgrades.

Imagine if they started with an Indy, or Terminator, or <insert character who is desperately in need of a new 1:6th and sells well>. Hype train would be through the roof.

I really hope they set the bar low for sales for this first one, mainly because in this current economic climate I don’t see a lot of people aiming to upgrade their Inart piece, so they’ll need to find new buyers, and after years and years and years of jokers, we have to be beyond over-saturation at this point.

Make-up effects have been painting silicone for prosthetics a long time. Scale is different but methods I would guess are the same. Dye silicone and thin it down with a solvent for airbrushing and painting. Silicone sticks to itself so it could be tougher than regular paint because it's bonding to the surface. The Stop-motion industry has been using silicone for puppets, again, for a long time. And I can tell you animators are brutal with puppets. They break stuff all the time. The most common problem is armature breaks though. One thing I wonder about that video, is notice they move parts around but don't leave them there. I wonder how well they will be able to hold a position.

Make-up effects have been painting silicone for prosthetics a long time. Scale is different but methods I would guess are the same. Dye silicone and thin it down with a solvent for airbrushing and painting. Silicone sticks to itself so it could be tougher than regular paint because it's bonding to the surface. The Stop-motion industry has been using silicone for puppets, again, for a long time. And I can tell you animators are brutal with puppets. They break stuff all the time. The most common problem is armature breaks though. One thing I wonder about that video, is notice they move parts around but don't leave them there. I wonder how well they will be able to hold a position.
True, but they don't need to last past the production window.

I remember this same pattern when InArt started out with Joker. And they've made some extremely great looking figures since, all tied to WB.

I'll keep an eye on JND but in a 'I know I'll never get one' way.

Howard must be so pissed at these new companies coming out of the woodwork.

He's holding those Aliens/Predator/Terminator licences tight I bet.

Hot toys only did theirs to stay relevant because they became stale and lost people's attention.

Howard's Ego shone through.
Agreed. Plus the pretty weak video they made to go along with the release to try to be like InArt and in someways, JND as both have been making release videos for their products from the get go.

In my opinion, these features are cool in theory, but so unnecessary. There's a straightforwardness to 1/6 (in terms of price, materials, and modularity) that's completely gone out the window here. A skull under a silicone face? At that scale? :lol Why? Just to show off that it's possible? How's that going to matter once it's on your shelf?

InArt has the right idea by focusing on things we can see: quality materials, sculpt/paint fidelity, and hiding the most obvious joints with switch-outs. What JND offers is an aggressive, overcomplicated, expensive, possibly fragile solution for problems that don't exist to me.

More power to those that need their collectibles to be anatomically correct on the inside, but I'd like to own a home one day.

Agreed, all this “glass melted on the landscape of Mars as eyes and hair plucked from the heads of first born royalty for the rooted hair process” all sounds and looks good, i like seeing the craftsmanship, but none if this really means much once it’s on a shelf collecting dust next another figure which is made out of plastic and still looks just as wonderful.

InArt has the right idea by focusing on things we can see: quality materials, sculpt/paint fidelity, and hiding the most obvious joints with switch-outs. What JND offers is an aggressive, overcomplicated, expensive, possibly fragile solution for problems that don't exist to me.

Very true, very true...

It's still cool as hell to see it, want it, dream about it... and now have a chance at having it! But I'm sure my fire, as others, will fade.

I would like to have one as a novelty. An example of the future, and one day the past. I wish it was Indiana Jones instead of yet another Joker, but InArt, HT and now JND will be much easier to compare and contrast in their success (or not).

Howard must be so pissed at these new companies coming out of the woodwork.

He's holding those Aliens/Predator/Terminator licences tight I bet.
Literally all those characters need are better sculpts and materials that won't deteriorate. Hard plastic for the Aliens, genuine leather for the Terminators. Howard can open the floodgates on those licenses without the "artisan" bells and whistles. As long as they look like what I saw on film and don't flake apart in two years, I'll buy them. Simple as.

Back