JND / Kojun Works to do sixth scale figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Literally all those characters need are better sculpts and materials that won't deteriorate. Hard plastic for the Aliens, genuine leather for the Terminators. Howard can open the floodgates on those licenses without the "artisan" bells and whistles. As long as they look like what I saw on film and don't flake apart in two years, I'll buy them. Simple as.

Howard is sitting on a pile of money he has no interest in exploiting for some reason. The generation that wants Indy/Alien/Terminator/Predator/Die Hard/Matrix/Mad Max/etc is still going strong seemingly. I'm not sure why he's waiting for us all to die off.

He's stuck on the same two franchises that are also mostly churning out junk for the sake of relevancy.

It might be 2k from him since he includes shipping, but the rumored pricing direct from JND is for 3 versions or types:
Type A-$700, Type B-$1200, Type C-$1500
Which explains the type c only for articulated hands.

I wonder if they'll do an Inart and do diorama set as seems there's gonna be a shirt version to use those arms.

Howard is sitting on a pile of money he has no interest in exploiting for some reason. The generation that wants Indy/Alien/Terminator/Predator/Die Hard/Matrix/Mad Max/etc is still going strong seemingly. I'm not sure why he's waiting for us all to die off.

He's stuck on the same two franchises that are also mostly churning out junk for the sake of relevancy.
It's gotta be a Disney thing.

Let me guess, figure #2 will be........Nolan Batman! followed by Snyder JLA for figures 3, 4 and 5...

1701895556500.png

DC/WB is so hard up for money they'll sell anyone & everyone the license to make anything they want. Competition be damned..

:lol

Some one out there is gonna have a real nice TDK Ledger Joker collection if they buy all these versions from the various companies.

I feel bad for all the collectors who had to somehow come up with the money for what they thought would be the ultimate TDK Ledger Joker 1/6th figure with the InArt. Only to be upstaged by these guys just a short time later. And what seems will make the InArt's price look reasonable.

I foresee a flood of InArt's hitting the secondary market.

Our Hot Toys figures are gonna start to look like Sideshow's when they were the top in the market to us... :lol

Collecting is a losing proposition...

Last edited:
I feel bad for all the collectors who had to somehow come up with the money for what they thought would be the ultimate TDK Ledger Joker 1/6th figure with the InArt. Only to be upstaged by these guys just a short time later. And what seems will make the InArt's price look reasonable.

I foresee a flood of InArt's hitting the secondary market.
I don't know about that. InArt still did a great job with their figure. It's an improvement over the last Hot Toys DX, has some bells and whistles that we can actually see & appreciate, and as you said, this JND will make its price seem reasonable. If a collector feels the need to shell out hundreds more for experimental materials, unnecessary gimmicks (IMO), and a likeness that at this point can only be incrementally better than what they already have, well... there's a lesson in there about fences and green grass.

Let me guess, figure #2 will be........Nolan Batman! followed by Snyder JLA for figures 3, 4 and 5...

View attachment 677116
TDK suit Batman aswell. Not even the Begins suit that more people want at this point because Hot Toys for some reason refuses to properly update their figure from more than a decade ago. Nope. It's gotta be the goober suit again.

Maybe JND will make a special airtight hermetically sealed case for their 1/6th figures. You can special order how you want your figure displayed by their professional posers in clean rooms, and then sealed so he lasts forever. And if you want him re-posed in the future, you can send him back for a small fee...

:monkey3

Yeah starting with another Joker isn't really generating the hype another character would.
you dont understand joker collectors. they buy any joker figure thrown at them. so another joker will sell.

then theres the i must continue upgrade my joker group, they would probably wait until product is out to decide whether to sell their inart and get kojun.

Howard must be so pissed at these new companies coming out of the woodwork.

He's holding those Aliens/Predator/Terminator licences tight I bet.
well i think 3rd parties released more terminators without license that hurts even more.

but hot toys mist have reason not doing anything with the license they paid dearly for. Theres still so many alien characters from the 3 movies they have yet make. same goes for predator 1 & 2. And they didnt bother with klye reese and teen connor from the 1st 2 movies.

factories full and talent rather start their own 3rd party companies. this leaves very little resources for HT.

they are still making predators and aliens monster characters and matrix slowly.

as for why they rather make new movie figures i guess theres incentives from license holder that can help boost the movie and old proven franchise will cost more.

we probably see old indy figure when the movies out.

Maybe JND will make a special airtight hermetically sealed case for their 1/6th figures. You can special order how you want your figure displayed by their professional posers in clean rooms, and then sealed so he lasts forever. And if you want him re-posed in the future, you can send him back for a small fee...

:monkey3
probably needs 99% nitrogen chamber. Anti UV coated glass. vacuum probably wont work.

Where are people getting that it'll be a two-pack and the pricing from?

Usually info first comes out in the group, but I've seen nothing in the group talking about this.

Apparently JND confirmed this at a private showing and also a retailer has confirmed it's true.

Type A is 1 figure
Type B is 1 figure 2 sculpts
Type C is 2 full figures ( see video for type C hands)

But we will see.

Hm, will wait to hear more official news. Usually anything that is said at private events finds its way to the Facebook group. Also doesn't sound usual for a retailer to know specifics before an official release announcement is made.

Glad JND will have some lower prices.offerings though, hopefully a lot of people who don't like the company for whatever reasons or are unsure can get one in-hand to see the qualities their craft brings.

Eagerly waiting for the full release!

$800 for single figure and $1200 for the two heads (assuming early pricing is correct)... that means JND is pricing the 2nd head at $400.

Which means $500-$600 for the head on ebay.

Back