JERRY VANDERSTELT Licensed LOTR art & happenings PT.2 - SAURON Sideshow ART reveal

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: JERRY VANDERSTELT Licensed LOTR art & happenings PT.2 - SAURON Sideshow ART revea

Here's some new info about the Sauron project up at Sideshow: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?p=3485...tm_content=Vanderstelt&utm_campaign=Prod-blog

The Fine Art Giclees of both Canvas and Paper #1's are going to be auction items for those of you that have to have the 1/100 Canvas or 1/800 Paper. These listings will be posted here as soon as I get them up.
Also, the Canvas and Paper regular listings will go up soon as I can get them underway!

JV

Hey Jerry, sent you a PM regarding the print.

Re: JERRY VANDERSTELT Licensed LOTR art & happenings PT.2 - SAURON Sideshow ART revea

OK guys.

I hope to have the regular listings of both Paper and Canvas Giclees up this week. For now, I have the #1 issues up for auction on the Paper and Canvas versions. I only auction number ones in this case, and all the other Sauron editions will be offered regularly in my Ebay store.

Here is the listing for Sauron Paper # 1:

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...8969+&_sacat=See-All-Categories&_fvi=1&_rdc=1

Here is the listing for Sauron Canvas # 1:

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...97841&_sacat=See-All-Categories&_fvi=1&_rdc=1

For now, I want to start out with these special # 1's of Sauron as auction items. Regular fixed price listings for the remaining Fine Art Sauron Giclees will follow soon: this week or next.

Take care,

JV

Oh man thats gonna go for a nice price. Hope it does for ya anyways Jerry.

Looking forward to ordering it when it goes up.

Hi Josh.
Thank you : ) The Sauron Papers will be along soon! Take care my friend,

JV

Believe me, this sculpt is going to be sweet; just you wait!
For now, I'm posting actual production images of this Sauron art. I believe some of the "earlies" did not have final details, like caked ( and baked ) on mud on Sauron's foot armour, loin chain, etc.
So here are a few shots of detail :

SauronfinalSSF.jpg

Saurondetail1.jpg

Saurondetail2.jpg

This shot below makes me think that even the very ground Sauron is standing on cannot endure radiating evil from this Fallen One!

Saurondetail4.jpg

And poor Henery! He should have practiced his swordsmanship a bit more before coming to THIS place!

Saurondetail5.jpg

JV

Those close up shots are fantstic, Jerry. I can't wait to pick up the canvas version in a few days.:yess:

Ah, and I take it that is what's going to be printed on the extra border on the canvas?

Yes, that is correct!

JV

wow, fantastic artwork
well done Jerry

Thanks IP!

JV

Excellent News!

Jerry do you know if SS is going to offer this on their website with the framed option from Parker Jordan Fine Art?

I am trying to visualize which would look best between gallery wrap option or maybe I should opt to go with a triple matting with a nice rustic frame and a bronze metal plaque in the middle with engraved Sauron title hmm.

Hi EDE.
SS will be offering something different than what I will be offering to go along with the EXC Sauron. Exactly what that is has to decided. My Canvas and Paper Giclees will be available very soon though ; )

JV

Hey Jerry, you have probably been asked this a million times but what do you do with all the originals? Do you just have paintings hainging all over the house or a giant studio covered wall to wall? Just curious.

Jerry, I while back someone posted a question about the medium of your artwork, whether they were painted or computer "drawn". I didn't see an answer to that question. What medium is this Sauron produced in?

Hey Jerry, you have probably been asked this a million times but what do you do with all the originals? Do you just have paintings hainging all over the house or a giant studio covered wall to wall? Just curious.

Hi Darth.

I keep some of my Originals, but I also sell them to private collectors.

JV

Jerry, I while back someone posted a question about the medium of your artwork, whether they were painted or computer "drawn". I didn't see an answer to that question. What medium is this Sauron produced in?

Oh, sorry, I didn't catch that question !

The Sauron piece is completely traditional. Acrylic paint on illustration board; brush and airbrush work mostly.The Sauron Original is a 30 x 40 inch piece, and took about 2 months to paint :thud:

Thanks!

JV

The Sauron piece is completely traditional. Acrylic paint on illustration board; brush and airbrush work mostly.The Sauron Original is a 30 x 40 inch piece, and took about 2 months to paint :thud:

Thanks!

JV

So worth the time you spent on it Jerry, you did a fantastic job on him. So full of detail (which, as you know, we all love around here). I know it added a lot of time to the piece (but again so worth it).

You have a wonderful talent Jerry and I know I am not alone when I say, I hope to see many more Middle-earth related pieces from you in the future.

Thanks for adding such a great piece to us for our collection.

:duff
Bill

Thank you Bill.
I am blessed to have an ability given to me, and also blessed to have the chance to contribute LOTR related art for my fellow Ringers. I have plans to do more,one of which is Daddy Rog in the mines; in fact it's already laid out awaiting paint!

JV

I'm excited to see how Sideshow are going to do the chain mail skirt because I'm expecting that will be part of the mixed media portion rather than sculpted. :pray:

Oh and Jerry, this print it too nice to be offering only a 20 x 27 or a 30 x 40 canvas. There's a generic art print we were going to put up in our family room that would be nicely replaced by this Sauron print so how about a 55" x 79" canvas? :naughty

Thanks!

JV

That was my question, thanks for bumping it and thanks for answering it. I felt odd even asking it. That its a painting is even more impressive.

Back