JERRY VANDERSTELT Licensed LOTR art & happenings PT.2 - SAURON Sideshow ART reveal

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: JERRY VANDERSTELT Licensed LOTR art & happenings PT.2 - SAURON Sideshow ART revea

I'm excited to see how Sideshow are going to do the chain mail skirt because I'm expecting that will be part of the mixed media portion rather than sculpted. :pray:

Oh and Jerry, this print it too nice to be offering only a 20 x 27 or a 30 x 40 canvas. There's a generic art print we were going to put up in our family room that would be nicely replaced by this Sauron print so how about a 55" x 79" canvas? :naughty

Boy, a 55 x 79 would be a whopper, and out of the ballpark, price-wise!

JV

Re: JERRY VANDERSTELT Licensed LOTR art & happenings PT.2 - SAURON Sideshow ART revea

No problem!

Glad to answer : ) I am not against some digital stuff, but LOTR deserves "old school" IMHO :lol

JV

Thank you Bill.
I am blessed to have an ability given to me, and also blessed to have the chance to contribute LOTR related art for my fellow Ringers. I have plans to do more,one of which is Daddy Rog in the mines; in fact it's already laid out awaiting paint!

JV

:horror:horror:horror Can't wait to see that one. Oh man if Sideshow partners with you for the Daddy rog as well the resulting statue will be amazing :rock

Thank you Bill.
I am blessed to have an ability given to me, and also blessed to have the chance to contribute LOTR related art for my fellow Ringers. I have plans to do more,one of which is Daddy Rog in the mines; in fact it's already laid out awaiting paint!

JV

That is great Jerry, looking forward to that one already!

Am I right in thinking that this one is off your own bat and won't be part of a Sideshow exclusive offer?

:duff
Bill

Thank you Bill.
JV

Wow! Pinch me....I think I'm dreaming. :balrog Not that you need any help, but rounding out those two with a RWOS would make for a perfect trifecta. :nazgul :nazgul :nazgul

Didn't see that about the Balrog. That is the one I've been waiting for since the Trilogy prints were announced.

That is great Jerry, looking forward to that one already!

Am I right in thinking that this one is off your own bat and won't be part of a Sideshow exclusive offer?

Bill

It will definately be a part of my LOTR art program, whatever else happens after that : )

JV

Hi EDE.
SS will be offering something different than what I will be offering to go along with the EXC Sauron. Exactly what that is has to decided. My Canvas and Paper Giclees will be available very soon though ; )

JV

I do not yet own copies of your artwork, but I will own a copy of this.

Very nice work.

Sounds good, SWO77

JV

Sounds good, SWO77

JV

It might seem like a silly thing to focus on, but I really like the slightly skewed horizon angle..gives it a menacing feel.

Looking forward to seeing these become available.

It might seem like a silly thing to focus on, but I really like the slightly skewed horizon angle..gives it a menacing feel.

Looking forward to seeing these become available.

Glad you noticed that! The horizon was tilted intentionally, of course,to help give you a dizzy feeling to the heights Sauron is perched on.Silly, not at all. It's in the subtle nuances that can make a difference : )

JV

Oh, sorry, I didn't catch that question !

The Sauron piece is completely traditional. Acrylic paint on illustration board; brush and airbrush work mostly.The Sauron Original is a 30 x 40 inch piece, and took about 2 months to paint :thud:

Thanks!

JV

Thanks for the response! It's nice to see the artist getting so personally involved with these forums. It's also nice to hear that it was a traditional painting. I look forward to picking this up.

It will definately be a part of my LOTR art program, whatever else happens after that : )

JV

Is that as interesting as it sounds Jerry?

Is there something about the Daddy Rog painting you can't tell us...just yet? :pray:

Bill

I can say a little bit. Daddy Rog will be in the Mines, in an area unseen from the film, but very much Moria. The Balrog will be in a very cool pose, eyes and mouth aglow with his sword of flame lighting up the area against the underground darkness of Khazad-dum. That's all ya get though! :lol

JV

Man, that sounds amazing, Jerry! A worthy companion piece to Sauron! :yess:

One of the things I love about the Balrog is the striking contrast of the deep blacks against the bright reds and sharp oranges. So visually dynamic.

And on a side note, I'd like to thank you for jumping in and mixing it up with the fans here on the boards (and over at Shadow & Flame). I think it's fascinating whenever you get a chance to interact with the artist and get even the tiniest glimpse into their processes, techniques and inspirations. Very cool of you to do, man. Thanks! :lecture

:rock

Sure thing!

JV

I can say a little bit. Daddy Rog will be in the Mines, in an area unseen from the film, but very much Moria. The Balrog will be in a very cool pose, eyes and mouth aglow with his sword of flame lighting up the area against the underground darkness of Khazad-dum. That's all ya get though! :lol

JV

Like the sounds of that. This is gonna be a beautiful piece Jerry just from the sounds of it. It will be mine.

For those interested, I've decided to offer my original LOTR trilogy as Fine Art Giclee canvases, as well as Galadriel's Blessing, Terror over Osgiliath and Clash of Kings.These canvases will be limited to 100 pieces each. The Trilogy pieces will measure 22x 31 inches with the extra 2.25 inch border for wrapping, making it a few inches bigger than the paper lithographs. The others will be the standard 20 x 27 facing size, plus wrap border.
It may be a bit before I can release them, pending on approvals.

JV

For those interested, I've decided to offer my original LOTR trilogy as Fine Art Giclee canvases, as well as Galadriel's Blessing, Terror over Osgiliath and Clash of Kings.These canvases will be limited to 100 pieces each. The Trilogy pieces will measure 22x 31 inches with the extra 2.25 inch border for wrapping, making it a few inches bigger than the paper lithographs. The others will be the standard 20 x 27 facing size, plus wrap border.
It may be a bit before I can release them, pending on approvals.

JV

That's awesome news :rock. I have been delaying getting Galadriel's blessing and Terror over Osigilath, but now I won't be able to resist. Fantastic Jerry, keep us updated.

Back