Jazzinc The Batman - Batmobile 1/6 Deluxe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s actually a 24” x 48” coffee table with two glass shelves that I found on Amazon. The frame was chrome but I painted it matte black. I have two of them now (the other is waiting for the Jazzinc 1989 Batmobile to join the Tumbler & Bat-Pod). Brand name is Coaster. The price has climbed significantly - it’s $250 now whereas I paid @$150 and $175 when I bought mine.

https://www.amazon.com/Coaster-720748-CO-Glass-Coffee-Chrome/dp/B01N0OPIS0/ref=sr_1_4?crid=11M6MYJRIAK3U&keywords=coaster+glass+coffee+table&qid=1704930131&sprefix=Coaster+glass,aps,183&sr=8-4
ah got it. thanks! i guess ill just bring out the wood-working tools lol

My clean version is finally here! It sat in France for the last 5 days, but it finally departed late last night with stops in Germany, Memphis and Detroit, arriving at my house just after Noon ET. I guess when they want to FedEx can live up to their name. Anyway, this thing is awesome! Now the wait for Patman…

View attachment 683060
Love that display with the batcycle (y)

I'm still not sure if I'm going to keep all of the batman movie vehicles together by franchise or not. I was thinking about a separate display for the batcycles all together - the 2022, the Batpod and the 66 I have on order.

I'm still doing the chicken and egg thing on figuring out an appropriate display. Just when I think I've settled in on an approach, I see something like this that makes me rethink the whole thing all over again:thud:

So, it's been 2 months since I've had this. This thing always catches my eye. I never really use the light up, as even with all my lights off, it's not that bright.

My major complaint is the wheels. They are wobbly as hell, it's like a damn low rider. When I put it down, the wheels kinda go up. The video I will post, at the 13 minute mark, shows what I'm talking about. It kinda scares me.

My other complaint, which is really a nit pick, is the steering wheel doesn't move, which makes putting Batman in there a bit scary, I feel like I'm gonna break the wheel trying to put Batman's hands on it. I also wish there was some diecast parts on it. I'm not expecting the whole thing to be Metal, but it's a giant piece of plastic for $1,500, they could have sacrificed the engine gimmick with the smoke and made some of the engine, or the hubcaps, metal.

Overall I'm happy to own this, but I don't think it's worth $1,500. Maybe $1,000, even that is a bit high.

But, this thing is never leaving my collection because it's my favorite look for the Batmobile, and like I said, even though I think it's a bit overpriced, I'm happy I got it, especially now that I have Batman.

If the wheels bother you, I would reach out to Joost with your concern. I've had occasion to reach out to him regarding issues with items that I was concerned about and he was exceptionally responsive.

I don't know what to say that would affect your perception that you paid $1500 for a "giant piece of plastic". In truth, you actually did, but if you don't understand the engineering expertise and effort that went into actually creating it, I doubt anything I can say would change that. I was crazy and paid several hundred thousand dollars for an organization of wood and sheetrock, but my wife loves to live in it. Just saying ;)

If the wheels bother you, I would reach out to Joost with your concern. I've had occasion to reach out to him regarding issues with items that I was concerned about and he was exceptionally responsive.

I don't know what to say that would affect your perception that you paid $1500 for a "giant piece of plastic". In truth, you actually did, but if you don't understand the engineering expertise and effort that went into actually creating it, I doubt anything I can say would change that. I was crazy and paid several hundred thousand dollars for an organization of wood and sheetrock, but my wife loves to live in it. Just saying ;)
I just think I expected too much. I can pay $2,000 for a prime 1 statue, but $1,500 for this just seems overpriced. I think statues have ruined me, because if this was a $1,500 polystone statue, I'd be more than happy with my money.

But like you said, I have no idea how they made this, and I have no solution to make it better other than to speak out of my ass about things I know nothing about, which I love to do.

But again, I don't regret buying this, and I'm still happy with it, even though it could have been better.

I also forgot to post more pictures. I'll figure out a way to do outdoor nighttime pictures sometime this summer. And I'm definitely gonna do pictures with more than just Batman. Johnny Silverhand, black widow, Deadpool, Robocop, John wick, joker, so many possibilities with this!

IMG_7510.jpeg
IMG_7511.jpeg
IMG_7119.jpeg

So, it's been 2 months since I've had this. This thing always catches my eye. I never really use the light up, as even with all my lights off, it's not that bright.

My major complaint is the wheels. They are wobbly as hell, it's like a damn low rider. When I put it down, the wheels kinda go up. The video I will post, at the 13 minute mark, shows what I'm talking about. It kinda scares me.

My other complaint, which is really a nit pick, is the steering wheel doesn't move, which makes putting Batman in there a bit scary, I feel like I'm gonna break the wheel trying to put Batman's hands on it. I also wish there was some diecast parts on it. I'm not expecting the whole thing to be Metal, but it's a giant piece of plastic for $1,500, they could have sacrificed the engine gimmick with the smoke and made some of the engine, or the hubcaps, metal.

Overall I'm happy to own this, but I don't think it's worth $1,500. Maybe $1,000, even that is a bit high.

But, this thing is never leaving my collection because it's my favorite look for the Batmobile, and like I said, even though I think it's a bit overpriced, I'm happy I got it, especially now that I have Batman.

Sorry to hear you aren't 100% happy with this. As for the price, our margins are already to lowest in the industry. There is a reason there is no other company doing these vehicles. We do not even have enough margin to afford wholesale and retail distribution. This vehicle is our most complex yet. There are more parts in this one than a high end Swiss watch with over 350 parts in every car. Even the engine is 150 parts alone.
The problem with Die cast is not only the weight, but also that die cast allows for less detail than the material we use. For the 1989 batmobile for instance, where we do have the budget for some die cast parts, I have only applied it little and only in areas where it will be no problem to deal with the softness of die-cast parts

Sorry to hear you aren't 100% happy with this. As for the price, our margins are already to lowest in the industry. There is a reason there is no other company doing these vehicles. We do not even have enough margin to afford wholesale and retail distribution. This vehicle is our most complex yet. There are more parts in this one than a high end Swiss watch with over 350 parts in every car. Even the engine is 150 parts alone.
The problem with Die cast is not only the weight, but also that die cast allows for less detail than the material we use. For the 1989 batmobile for instance, where we do have the budget for some die cast parts, I have only applied it little and only in areas where it will be no problem to deal with the softness of die-cast parts

Will the wheels on 1989 car also be this woobly? I regret saying this, but this does seem worrying to say the least, the whole car rests on them (1989 will be even more heavier, it will sagg over time drasticaly). I have 1989 on order, but I would rather forfeit the (large) NRD and save on the rest of pending payments than have this kind of wheels. Can you please reasure us of this?

Danoby is right about this issue, it is quite unacceptable...

We are still in the engineering phase but the wheels have suspension action, so of course they will wobble when you lift them. The axles are metal so they won't sag over time. Remember who is saying this. His Delorean (with plastic axles) came broken and it was no problem, but this with suspension action and metal axles is a problem??? This is NOT a defect, it works as designed. Try putting a car with suspension on a bridge and the wheels will do the same.

Does it not bother you that he does not point out any of the KNOWN issues with the other vehicles in that collection by hot toys and blitzway? Also that he does not show or point out any of the correct and cool stuff on the 2022? Instead he makes up something that is literally not an issue and I have not had a single complaint about it, because it is as designed and intended. Again, these are metal axles and cannot sag, but they do have suspension action.

Meanwhile we have gotten a rave review from the 2022 batmobile designer himself, Ash Thorp:
""It's remarkable to see a concept replicated with such true authenticity. The focus on craft is unparalleled. The team at Jazz inc have truly outdone themselves."

Attachments

• IMG_0950_v1_JR-2.png
    IMG_0950_v1_JR-2.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Danoby is right about this issue, it is quite unacceptable...

Lol! Watch from better sources. I've tried watching his video about the 2022 Batmobile. It's just bashing whatever he thinks he can find fault at without fair analysis. I don't know why anybody takes that guy seriously or even has a following. I think he creates drama for the clicks since it's money for views.

That video from Rudy, who I've never heard of before, did a balanced assessment and criticism on the product.

We are still in the engineering phase but the wheels have suspension action, so of course they will wobble when you lift them. The axles are metal so they won't sag over time. Remember who is saying this. His Delorean (with plastic axles) came broken and it was no problem, but this with suspension action and metal axles is a problem??? This is NOT a defect, it works as designed. Try putting a car with suspension on a bridge and the wheels will do the same.

Does it not bother you that he does not point out any of the KNOWN issues with the other vehicles in that collection by hot toys and blitzway? Also that he does not show or point out any of the correct and cool stuff on the 2022? Instead he makes up something that is literally not an issue and I have not had a single complaint about it, because it is as designed and intended. Again, these are metal axles and cannot sag, but they do have suspension action.

Meanwhile we have gotten a rave review from the 2022 batmobile designer himself, Ash Thorp:
""It's remarkable to see a concept replicated with such true authenticity. The focus on craft is unparalleled. The team at Jazz inc have truly outdone themselves."
The number of people that still listen to Danoby is scary. Hundreds if not thousands of positive reviews but he says it sucks and so it must suck.
The same guy declared that Hot Toys was making the 2022 Batmobile 100% guaranteed and that it would be a Jazzinc killer.
InArt also originally said they were going to make it but have since backed down “for now” due to how complex the process is.

People need to accept that you are the only one crazy (or maybe stupid lol) enough to make these pieces
Lol! Watch from better sources. I've tried watching his video about the 2022 Batmobile. It's just bashing whatever he thinks he can find fault at without fair analysis. I don't know why anybody takes that guy seriously or even has a following. I think he creates drama for the clicks since it's money for views.

That video from Rudy, who I've never heard of before, did a balanced assessment and criticism on the product.
And yet people are just pulling the wheel part from the Rudy video and saying “See! Jazzinc products are ********!”

But like you said, I have no idea how they made this, and I have no solution to make it better other than to speak out of my ass about things I know nothing about, which I love to do.

This pretty much tells you all you need to know about many of the "reviewers" ;)

That said, kudos to @ScoobyDoo for saying what no one else has admitted. I can respect that he likes to talk about things that interest him. Characters like Danoby, who are in this as a mechanism to get the constant validation that their egos require, IMO, personify everything that is wrong with social media. There's a difference between a hatchet job being presented as a review, versus something informative based on some truth and objectivity.

Truth be told, I have zero respect for anyone that ever quotes Danoby, other than to point out how utterly ridiculous he is.

Well, I think this is the last time I’ll criticize something. Heaven forbid I don’t find everything to be 1000% perfect 🤣

I guess people these days follow the rule of “if you don’t have something nice to say, don’t say anything at all” (which I always thought was ******* stupid).

But I can only speak honestly. I’m 95% happy with this product, I’m never selling it, but it’s not perfect. When I lift this thing up to dust underneath it I’m always worried about the wheels caving in, and I still think it’s a bit overpriced.

There's nothing at all wrong with criticizing. That's just an opinion, and everyone is entitled to theirs.

It's just naive to expect that one will never be called out to defend it when it's published to the rest of the world. Especially here. Just post a joker with a coat in the wrong shade of purple and you'll see what I mean ;)

Truth be told, I have zero respect for anyone that ever quotes Danoby, other than to point out how utterly ridiculous he is.

Well, this is harsh and totaly uncalled for. Do you know me personaly? Yet, you are determined to have zero respect for me... just because I have a concern about a product I comitted to buy for 2000$...
OK... I have zero respect for people who dissmiss others for having concerns about this kind of investment.
Truth be told, there have been examples of huge differences between batches of Jazzinc products, quality of paint job is not consistent between each product. You can dissmiss these remarks, but these are a fact. I own 4 of jazzinc products so I know. My landspeeder looks like it was painted by a child (probably was), weathering spots are completely different than some of the later, more perfected batches.
I have no oppinion of Danoby personally, but some of his remarks (not all) are valid, like it or not.

Congrats Joost on getting a great review from Ash Thorp himself!!!!!
Batman Thumbs Up GIF

Back