Jazzinc The Batman - Batmobile 1/6 Deluxe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe you should read what we are actually talking about.. The side/undercarriage on Jazzinc is clearly inaccurate now that I look at actual references. I haven't been able to find any reference that looks like how Jazzinc has it.
Yeah sorry if my "chill" response came across as dismissive earlier. I did see what you were referring to with the extra material below the door and how the sidestep was attached, but due to the darkness of the HT photo (viewed on my phone) I wasn't sure it was any more accurate. Seeing it now on my monitor I can clearly see the difference with the HT version and that it more closely resembles the actual vehicles on display. I do recall Joost's mentioning that there were 3 or 4 vehicles on set with minor design differences between them, but whether or not this particular area was different on any of them I couldn't say (I'm guessing no). BigWayne's conjecture that the extra material was needed to support opening the doors seems plausible. To add further conjecture, the sidestep might have looked too low (and further took away from the car's sleekness) if it wasn't reworked to come through the extra side material rather than from below it. For all I know this may have been a design trade-off to supply a feature ( the opening door) that the closed Facebook group wanted. Maybe it was even discussed openly in the Facebook group? Whatever the reason, I'm sure Joost will chime in before too long.

In all fairness, it is different from the pictures of the actual vehicle. That said, it wasn’t like it was completely developed in a vacuum - there were thousands of people looking at it and WB even approved it. Everyone here had an opportunity to participate, so if there is an issue that wasn’t caught, we can all look no further than the mirror to see who missed it.

Again, I’m interested to hear if Joost has an opinion on this.

Yeah, I'd like to hear from him as well. I can't lie that it doesn't bother me. The community did provide input but ultimately, the final product rests upon the producer. :/ WB approval has no bearing on accuracy. I mean, that McFarlane 1989 Batmobile is atrocious.

Just to clarify. That was an old prototype, based on their Electric version of the 2022. Here are the parts test-fitting together for final production where the step is underneath. It was caught. We thought all the cars built for set were the same but they weren't. We only saw that when the movie came out. It was fixed. Don't worry guys.
It's turning out to be a pain in the ass to build though. over 350 parts, where the engine alone accounts for over 150 parts! All hand assembled, painted and weathered

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-08 at 10.33.38.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-08 at 10.33.38.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Good news from Joost - the design of the sidesteps has been updated. I messaged him on Facebook about it and he indicated that we were looking at an outdated prototype. Below is a pic of the final production prototype which now shows the sidestep rails coming from underneath the car.

View attachment 643819
Thanks for posting this, @The Buffinator - you’ve saved a lot of people a lot of stress ;)

That looks way better, but I hope he puts out a video with the final updates soon. The pictures we were using for comparison were consistent with those from the last available video. I’m eager to see how it all looks completely assembled and painted.

Sorry jazz but if this is cheaper I’m fine with minor inaccuracy. I think the paint apps are better on the hot toys prototype

Attachments

• IMG_5342.jpeg
    IMG_5342.jpeg
    326 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5341.jpeg
    IMG_5341.jpeg
    334.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5343.jpeg
    IMG_5343.jpeg
    370.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5340.jpeg
    IMG_5340.jpeg
    334.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5339.jpeg
    IMG_5339.jpeg
    286.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5338.jpeg
    IMG_5338.jpeg
    309.4 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for posting this, @The Buffinator - you’ve saved a lot of people a lot of stress ;)

That looks way better, but I hope he puts out a video with the final updates soon. The pictures we were using for comparison were consistent with those from the last available video. I’m eager to see how it all looks completely assembled and painted.
Definitely feeling better over here. Crossing my fingers for a "final production" video coming soon.

If HT does release this I'll have a hard time resisting, but I'm still not getting my hopes up. Especially since it's right alongside their BVS Batmobile that will also never be made.

Sorry jazz but if this is cheaper I’m fine with minor inaccuracy. I think the paint apps are better on the hot toys prototype

Just comparing that single LED on the back of the HT prototype engine to all the remote operated effects on the Jazzinc version, I would agree that it's certainly cheaper. If it's ever for sale, it will probably be lower priced too ;)

Just to clarify - that version in the video isn't fully painted. It was just for testing the effects.

This is definitely a Batmobile designed by a Batman who would never consider taking Vicki Vale back to the Batcave.
Sitting on that passenger seat would certainly provide a memorable ride though.

Hot toys Batmobile. Looks better and closer to the real Batmobile imo

Attachments

• IMG_5455.jpeg
    IMG_5455.jpeg
    423.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5456.jpeg
    IMG_5456.jpeg
    350.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5457.jpeg
    IMG_5457.jpeg
    238.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5458.jpeg
    IMG_5458.jpeg
    567.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5459.jpeg
    IMG_5459.jpeg
    334.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5460.jpeg
    IMG_5460.jpeg
    418.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5461.jpeg
    IMG_5461.jpeg
    432 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5462.jpeg
    IMG_5462.jpeg
    448.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5463.jpeg
    IMG_5463.jpeg
    443.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5464.jpeg
    IMG_5464.jpeg
    459.5 KB · Views: 0
It will be interesting to hear what Joost has to say about hot toy's Batmobile from The Batman.......:)

It will be interesting to hear what Joost has to say about hot toy's Batmobile from The Batman.......:)
Well, that’s an interesting question. First of all, people are comparing apples to oranges. That is a $5000 one-off prototype, whereas we are now showing an actual production version that has been engineered for parts, production molds, assembly (of over 350 parts per car) weathering and painting by hand. That is quite a difference.

Also, from all my sources, I am literally getting the same message, that that hot toys prototype would be too expensive to make, especially like this, and so that they do not intend to produce this.

This is just part of the DC Flash showcase, not a hot toys announcement. It does look nicely detailed, but there are some issues with it, starting with the stance, which is much too low, some details missing from the front hood, and some other minor things, but as per usual, overall, hot toys did an amazing job. They are the reference we all need to strive to. But again, in this case, it’s apples and oranges.

Last edited:
Not to speak for Joost but I don’t think he really cares at this point. Pre-orders for his are closed, NRDs went up to $300 I believe and 99% of people don’t actually believe this will happen anyway. Joost’s is a couple months away, InArt is still saying they want to make this and Hot Toys will be left saying that theirs is the cheapest and cheapest quality of all three.

I think batmobiles from HT and Inart are probably running neck and neck on the list of things that don’t keep him awake at night.

No disrespect to anyone, but at this point, it’s my opinion that any serious buyer for a 2022 batmobile has already made their purchase. I define “serious buyer” as someone who both understands the market prices and competition, and wants the product enough to actually pay for it, rather than risk not getting it at all.

I think batmobiles from HT and Inart are probably running neck and neck on the list of things that don’t keep him awake at night.

No disrespect to anyone, but at this point, it’s my opinion that any serious buyer for a 2022 batmobile has already made their purchase. I define “serious buyer” as someone who both understands the market prices and competition, and wants the product enough to actually pay for it, rather than risk not getting it at all.
Exactly. A lot of people gave Hot Toys a chance to put it up and they didn’t. Anyone who wanted this car bad enough got Joost’s before the pre-order closed. Hot Toys would be releasing this just to catch the people who were priced out of Joost’s (perfectly understandable) and that is typically not the look they would go for business wise.

Back