Jazzinc Dioramas 1/6 Ultimate Catwoman (Batman Returns, 1992)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope Joost wasn't rushed into this. I mean, I hope he's ready for the onslaught of comments and posts and emails of suggestions, complaints, and demands.

The vehicle crowd is one thing... but figure collectors can get nasty.
Being a collector himself one would expect that he’s aware that he’ll be swimming with sharks (in chum filled waters lol) but then I’ve only seen him comment in threads for his own products (or competing versions) so maybe not?

Did I miss something? Since when is Joost/Jazz doing figures beyond just vehicles/dioramas? :horror Is this the first or has he announced others?

I’m wondering if the seamless body underneath is the right way to go since all of the joints will be covered up anyway. If the body is silicon, we can’t keep poses like with an elbow bent 90 degrees for long without the jointed regions eventually tearing?

Then again a silicon seamless body gives way more range of motion and poseability.

Last edited:
Mars said Catwoman was "next" over a year ago.

Joost has said 5-8 weeks.

Let's see who strikes first.

After decades of nothing, no Batman Returns love, this is a god send to have three (3) companies actively making Catwomen (and Penguins).

And none of them is Hot Toys, who promised this in 2013.

“The illegal release” lol.
How dare they…I mean, what kind of company would start off making figures, vehicles, and/or dioramas without the proper licensing?

Like everyone else, super stoked. HT Keaton was my first real 1/6. The day he came in is a high I’m still chasing. I was instantly hooked, payed an unthinkable amount (at the time) for a Nicholson off eBay that night. Since then, Pfeiffer has been my most wanted figure, no competition. And after so many years of false promises, followed by total radio silence from Howard Sham, and nervously passing on garbage third party “efforts” (looking at you Kumik and AC Play) here we are…at the precipice of finally obtaining a grail…feels good man, if a bit bittersweet. Actually excited about this hobby again. Thank you Jazz, and Mars for that matter. Can’t wait to see the actual prototypes.

I'm very excited to continue to support Jazz with this announcement and future toys. I have thr Iron Scavenger and its a really cool one, heavy as heck and all that was missing was a face scuplt that I believe Rocco made a dope one of.

While everyone is innovative, I wake up to see Hot Toys doing the same thing with an "upgraded" twist. Would be nice for every couple of these to see some toys that complete line or fulfill prototype promises.

If JOOST is watching...

This is the BEST expression for Catwoman -- ignore the hair

View attachment 704146

View attachment 704147
Yes!

Ideally, this is the sculpt I want. With that expression, moving eyes, and rooted hair maybe? What a stellar representation of the character that would be. I'd even take it over the mask.

Do it Jazz!

20240524_132824-01.jpeg

Joost talked about doing a '66 line in the video where he announced getting the license for 1/6 figures. At the time he said he probably wouldn't do Joker because the Mars version was so good, and he was concerned about reduced demand.

Mars is slowly grinding their way through the characters with promises of making "all", so the chances are that Joost will abandon the idea.
At this point, I’d rather he abandon his plans for the villains, but revisit Batman and Robin. I love the HT figures and they’re not going anywhere, but it’s been a minute and I’m curious what he could do with them.

“The illegal release” lol.
How dare they…I mean, what kind of company would start off making figures, vehicles, and/or dioramas without the proper licensing?

Like everyone else, super stoked. HT Keaton was my first real 1/6. The day he came in is a high I’m still chasing. I was instantly hooked, payed an unthinkable amount (at the time) for a Nicholson off eBay that night. Since then, Pfeiffer has been my most wanted figure, no competition. And after so many years of false promises, followed by total radio silence from Howard Sham, and nervously passing on garbage third party “efforts” (looking at you Kumik and AC Play) here we are…at the precipice of finally obtaining a grail…feels good man, if a bit bittersweet. Actually excited about this hobby again. Thank you Jazz, and Mars for that matter. Can’t wait to see the actual prototypes.
Yeah, the line about illegal releases is a bit hypocritical considering Jazzinc/Joost continues to make unlicensed Star Wars items.

I mean good on him for having the license now for Batman related items (not sure if he has an overall deal with WB/DC or how far that goes), but he very much started out as third party and continues to operate part of his business that way.

Last edited:
Yeah, the line about illegal releases is a bit hypocritical considering Jazzinc/Joost continues to make unlicensed Star Wars items.

I mean good on him for having the license now for Batman related items (not sure if he has an overall deal with WB/DC or how far that goes), but he very much started out as third party and continues to operate part of his business that way.
Yeah I wonder if the WB license makes the unlicensed Star Wars side a bit harder to keep up - though it's not unheard of with a few companies in the past with licenses that continued to produce unlicensed.

I also wonder if the license came up via a "let's make this legit" request from WB, and if that makes a similar request from Disney more likely.

This is great news from Joost. I had given up on adding a Pfeiffer Cat Woman to my collection because none of the third-party figures on offer looked good enough - just tell me there won't be any pleather (ot other material that will flake if you look at it wrong) and it will be an instant PO.

Love the confidence in calling this the “ultimate” version. I’ve only ever heard good things about their vehicles so it’ll be interesting to see how the figure comes out. Potentially interested in getting one (or at least POing) just to see what the quality is like in hand. However, I’m in for JND statue already
I've found the quality hit-and-miss on both the Batfleck Batmobile and the Bat Signal.

Back