Jazzinc 1/6 Batman 1989 Batwing

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does this come with a mount to display it on the wall?

Would be pretty awesome to make a large round wall mount that looks like the moon and mount it right in the center. Or even go the extra mile and have the moon display mount light up. 🤘🏻

Congrats, it’s a wonderful and awesome piece!
I would have loved to add this to my 89 collection but way to expensive and big for me.

Still thinking by the way that it is slightly over scaled and with 44.92 x 52.4 inches, it is closer to a 1/5 scale if we consider that it should be shorter in length than the Batmobile and its width is equal to the Batmobile’s length.
View attachment 625776
A true 1/6 should be 36,6 x 42,5 inches.
The Batwing is rather short and compact. It’s clearly visible from profile.
View attachment 625777

The Toynami one was perfectly in scale with the Batmobile.
View attachment 625778

well it doesn't matter, congrats to everyone who ordered it, it’s a really special piece!

So, if I remember right, I think Joost addressed something like this a few years back in an update video. Basically, they went off 1:1 measurements of 6’H x 18’L x 21’W - and when they modeled that and mapped it - a 1/6 figure DX09 was in no way going to fit. I think he said it was like a 6.5” figure would fit. Which makes sense because the 1/4 scale prop used for hero shots - and what that side profile shot most likely was as well - was just a top half of a Batman with the ears cut down.

I’ll link the video, as it’s older now, but it seems they opted to make it fit the figure and tailored the sizes around it to ratio them out and bring them down as best they could.

Basically, if they made a true 1/6, it wouldn’t have fit any 1/6 Batman figures in it without major modifications.

Link -

So, if I remember right, I think Joost addressed something like this a few years back in an update video. Basically, they went off 1:1 measurements of 6’H x 18’L x 21’W - and when they modeled that and mapped it - a 1/6 figure DX09 was in no way going to fit. I think he said it was like a 6.5” figure would fit. Which makes sense because the 1/4 scale prop used for hero shots - and what that side profile shot most likely was as well - was just a top half of a Batman with the ears cut down.

I’ll link the video, as it’s older now, but it seems they opted to make it fit the figure and tailored the sizes around it to ratio them out and bring them down as best they could.

Basically, if they made a true 1/6, it wouldn’t have fit any 1/6 Batman figures in it without major modifications.

Link -

Yeah HT (or another) might have awkwardly sized up the cockpit to fit the figure, yet kept everything else; the front-nose, wing-span, overall diameter smaller to cheat the scale, making it look oddly truncated (bulbous) .
I think Inc. made the best call. :wink1:

Last edited:

Yeah HT (or another) might have awkwardly sized up the cockpit to fit the figure, yet kept everything else; the front-nose, wing-span, overall diameter smaller to cheat the scale, making it look oddly truncated (bulbous) .
I think Inc. made the best call. :wink1:
I definitely agree. It is definitely, physical-size wise, not a true 1/6, but seeing the compromises made and the reasons why, I’m on board haha

Now I just need to solve where the hell I’m gonna put it lol 😅

I definitely agree. It is definitely, physical-size wise, not a true 1/6, but seeing the compromises made and the reasons why, I’m on board haha

Now I just need to solve where the hell I’m gonna put it lol 😅
This is my right now. I have an Idea but I'm not used to hanging stuff up so I need to do research and understand how to best mount it. I'm guessing I need a stud finder and mount it on a stud to provide the best support.

This is my right now. I have an Idea but I'm not used to hanging stuff up so I need to do research and understand how to best mount it. I'm guessing I need a stud finder and mount it on a stud to provide the best support.
Yeah, I think when it shows up, my intent will be to eventually have some kind of flight stand made to hold the legs that will attach to a arm-mount (like a TV mount) out of a wall. I’ve been tossing some ideas back and forth but I’d love to have it mounted off the wall on an adjustable arm in a banking dive in the corner of a room haha

It’s always a matter of interpretation. Add the fact that the Batwing was shot at nighttime, hard to say what was the exact paint job but I can see what you’re pointing.
Maybe a little bit too grey/white for my taste too.
I love what Toynami did in terms of paint job on theirs. It was so sexy IMO.
View attachment 625348
But congrats for all the Joost’s version, it’s gonna be epic!
Can’t wait to see the « In hand pics!
Actually, if you compare the in-hand pictures of our paint job with the paint job seen on tested.com of the actual ¼ model, you will see it is dead-on accurate (customer picture by Brian Thorpe) if you account for difference in lighting:

Attachments

• 333107813_182492547841483_1568085899042553381_n.jpg
    333107813_182492547841483_1568085899042553381_n.jpg
    785.6 KB · Views: 0
Does this come with a mount to display it on the wall?

Would be pretty awesome to make a large round wall mount that looks like the moon and mount it right in the center. Or even go the extra mile and have the moon display mount light up. 🤘🏻
Yes sir, we did the same thing here:

Attachments

• 331515618_645765564047459_1864098956556072290_n.jpg
    331515618_645765564047459_1864098956556072290_n.jpg
    388.7 KB · Views: 0
Yes sir, we did the same thing here:

Why wasn’t the landing gear done on this piece in a way that gives the aircraft a more realistic look as opposed to the straight rods? It would have given it a much better display option for when it’s displayed horizontally.

As I recall, the Batwing has landing gear that folds out of the belly of the aircraft, although we never saw it in the film. I know I’ve seen pictures of it somewhere… One foldable wheel upfront and two at the rear, similar to a modern fighter jet.

The rods are a bit of a turn off for me. But, to each his own..

Actually, if you compare the in-hand pictures of our paint job with the paint job seen on tested.com of the actual ¼ model, you will see it is dead-on accurate (customer picture by Brian Thorpe) if you account for difference in lighting:

Batman Thumbs Up GIF

Why wasn’t the landing gear done on this piece in a way that gives the aircraft a more realistic look as opposed to the straight rods? It would have given it a much better display option for when it’s displayed horizontally.

As I recall, the Batwing has landing gear that folds out of the belly of the aircraft, although we never saw it in the film. I know I’ve seen pictures of it somewhere… One foldable wheel upfront and two at the rear, similar to a modern fighter jet.

The rods are a bit of a turn off for me. But, to each his own..
Actually, there are several reasons for that. First of all, there was never any official design for that. The pictures you saw were from an artist rendering, who kind of made up his own, so the original never had a landing gear, and we like to stick close to the original.

Secondly, it would not have made the wall mount possible, thirdly it would’ve increased the price quite a bit. Especially since those tiny landing gears and rods would have to hold up 35 pounds.

Doing these things is always a journey and creativity and compromise, because for the movie, you can get away with all kinds of things that won’t work in real life. That also translates to the scale of most vehicles so, this is what we have come up with.

Last edited:
Actually, there are several reasons for that. First of all, there were never any design for that. The pictures you saw were from an artist, rendering on who kind of made up his own, so the original never had a landing gear, and we like to stick close to the original.

Secondly, it would not have made the wall mount possible, thirdly it would’ve increased the price quite a bit. Especially since those tiny landing gears and rods would have to hold up 35 pounds.

Doing these things is always a journey and creativity and compromise, because for the movie, you can get away with all kinds of things that won’t work in real life. That also translates to the scale of most vehicles so, this is what we have come up with.
Totally understand your reasoning behind it. It’s an incredible looking piece!

Now on to my next question… When are you gonna make me a 1:6 Aliens APC or Dropship and take my money!? 😫

Back