Jazzinc 1/6 Batman 1989 Batwing

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cracks me up whenever someone mentions it. That thing would need its own room. They would have sold like 5 of them and shipping would have been the price of the vehicle itself.

yoCW6kp.jpg
OWX2CYb.jpg

Yeah, I remember seeing that. I don't think people (that want this made) realize how big this thing is. It is either that or they have mansions and simply do not care.

Yeah, it's a beast. But the batwing is also 45 inches by 53 inches. If I measure my 1/12 bat, it's 30 inches by 19 inches, which translates out to 60 inches by 38 inches in 1/6 scale. Not much difference at all. It actually takes up 105 square inches less.

. . . and shipping of the batwing is currently estimated at $313 to the US.

When the batwing was first introduced, it was touted that there would be less than a dozen made, but there was clearly more than that.

The BVS wing that Jazzinc has for pre-order measures roughly 71 inches by 71 inches, so that's actually significantly bigger than either the batwing or the bat in 1/6 scale.

I don't think it's as far fetched as you might think.

The Batwing can be wall-mounted, which is a huge selling point.
Maybe so, but not everyone is going to mount it on the wall. In fact, I'd rather mount it angled side to side like it's flying.

Yeah, I remember seeing that. I don't think people (that want this made) realize how big this thing is. It is either that or they have mansions and simply do not care.

. . . and no, I don't have a mansion, but I've been financially responsible enough to have enough space to be comfortable. No disrespect.

The Batwing comes disassembled and the fact it's more flat in design as opposed to The Bat which seems a lot taller makes the Batwing more feasible to ship out.

The Batwing comes disassembled and the fact it's more flat in design as opposed to The Bat which seems a lot taller makes the Batwing more feasible to ship out.
Agreed. But that's all in the engineering of the product. I'm sure Joost could work that out.

Some assembly required? ;)

Maybe so, but not everyone is going to mount it on the wall. In fact, I'd rather mount it angled side to side like it's flying.

. . . and no, I don't have a mansion, but I've been financially responsible enough to have enough space to be comfortable. No disrespect.

None taken. I have plenty, plenty of space too. Even then I would not be able to fit a 1/6 bat in my 3800 sq ft house. This is not a flex in any way. A 1/6 Bat is not made for the space I have. I'm glad you have that space and hopefully one day it gets made so that you can buy it.

None taken. I have plenty, plenty of space too. Even then I would not be able to fit a 1/6 bat in my 3800 sq ft house. This is not a flex in any way. A 1/6 Bat is not made for the space I have. I'm glad you have that space and hopefully one day it gets made so that you can buy it.
It's amazing how much space you have when your kids get older and leave - one of the perks of getting older, I suppose ;)

I don’t know to much about Jazzinc but do they have edition size or is it open orders until they are done? I really am thinking about getting this but I to want to see this in someone’s house and see how the mount works.

Remember that Joost seemed have over scaled it to be sure the DX09 would fit inside.
It’s more or less a 1/5 scale so it will certainly be gigantic.

Remember that Joost seemed have over scaled it to be sure the DX09 would fit inside.
It’s more or less a 1/5 scale so it will certainly be gigantic.
At the risk of sounding silly, If it’s scaled to fit a 1/6 figure, then isn’t it, by definition, at 1/6 scale? ;)

Another point of view might be that the original movie prop wasn’t properly scaled because it couldn’t accommodate the pilot’s body from the waist down. I mean, if it’s supposed to be x feet wide by y feet long and be piloted by a 6 foot person, but a 6 foot person can’t actually fit, then it’s probably fair to say that the original design wasn’t realistic. This isn’t unlike the star wars snow speeder.

I’m not sure Joost would have many takers if the assembly instructions required cutting the dx09 in half :LOL:

It’s still roughly 45 inches by 53 inches. That hasn’t changed.

Yeah, don’t get me wrong, i wasn’t insulting Joost’s work, and I’m sure it will be amazing and an exceptional piece.
i would had love add this piece in my collection, and congrats for those who PO it.
I was just saying that for those who space is an issue, it will be huge.
I remember the shock when I discovered the 89 Batmobile’s box… this is an other story…

Agreed waiting on in hand to really gauge how this looks displayed in someone’s house lol especially the wall mount.

I don’t know to much about Jazzinc but do they have edition size or is it open orders until they are done? I really am thinking about getting this but I to want to see this in someone’s house and see how the mount works.

I had the same questions about the mount and Chiara at jazzinc was kind enough to provide some photos.

wing1.jpeg

wing2.jpeg

wing3.jpeg

The whole thing weighs approximately 14kg ( roughly 31 pounds ).

I'm not sure if there will be a paper template or similar to help with any holes that need to go into the wall, it that's how you want to mount it. What I'm currently thinking is that I'll construct some sort of base plate that all of the support legs can go into, then either hang it like a picture, or mount it to some type of adjustable stand.

It's pretty hard to tell exactly how this will pan out until it's in hand and I can actually get a feel for it in the room.

Back