Jazzinc 1/6 Batman 1989 Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only way it could be better is if it was diecast. That would be the ultimate.

@JazzInc - are you still considering diecast as an option for the 89 batmobile or maybe as a “super premium” upgrade? I’d be all over that. I mean, if you’re ever going to offer a diecast vehicle, I would think there is probably enough demand for this one to make it happen.

I don’t think it sounds reasonable. The price point is already locked.
À super premium version? Joost already said that he wanted to do just one version and the shipping costs would explose.
I see rather die cast parts like turbine nose, rims, machine guns, exhaust pipe etc…

I may have misunderstood, but my last recollection of the subject was that he was looking into it. As for the price point being set, he could simply offer the diecast option as an upgrade, much like he did with several other products in the past, including the 1966 batmobile and the millennium falcon. Not that they were diecast, but they both had upgraded versions that were available at an additional incremental cost.

My point being that, if he’s ever going to offer a fully diecast vehicle, this seems like a good candidate to start with. Granted, it would clearly cost more, but there are always buyers who would line up for it, albeit probably a much smaller subset. I don’t know exactly how high I’d be willing to go price wise, but for a high quality, limited run like that, I expect it would be multiples of the current price point. I also collect vintage diecast vehicles (e.g. corgi, etc), so this interests me on several levels.

Just asking.

Yeah you’re right, I absolutely understand your point of view.
A full die cast vehicle would have been a major improvement but I think it would have drastically limited the number of buyers and contrary to previous Joost’s products, the 89 Batmobile was something already done by another company ( and recently released) and if I remember correctly, Joost isn’t so confortable when it comes to products already done by other companies.
As the 89 is his favorite Batmobile, he really wanted to do it and offer a really accurate car. Just make one version and move on to never produced item by anyone before.

It’s my personal comprehension of the story…:rolleyes:

@JazzInc Ordered today! Joost and his family are just incredible for what they have, and are achieving.
No matter what you do thou, ie: if it was made of platinum, sprayed with black gold and came with $1500 off coupon, they will always moan.
Never good enough anorak club....Perhaps try making one yourselves?

Once I get the Batwing in hand, I’m going to Pre-order this. Despite owning the Hot Toys, I can already tell Joost’s is going to be superior. That 3D scanning update is everything. All the extra bells and whistles he has in store is just icing on the cake.

Diecast? Super Premium? Looking at the specs, it’s loaded enough. Some of those things would cheapen it in my opinion. Let the masters do their thing.

If anything, I’d like to see a 1/12 scale release after the 1/6 sells out. I’d buy one. I can see the reasoning for not doing the Batwing (and other vehicles), but a vehicle that fits 6”/7” Neca/Mezco/Mafex/Marvel Legends/McFarlane figures would do gangbusters. There’s a huge built in market for it. The response to a 1:12 would be insane. Jazz would blow the competition away completely,

C68144C2-3055-45AE-B72B-DB350102A9DA.jpeg
B71C5900-8918-48C2-B8D2-43A6BC1ACD2B.jpeg

The ‘89 car is arguably the most popular Batmobile, Jazzinc knows this. Making a definitive model in 1/6 and 1/12 (1/10) would plant a flag down and destroy all the other ones that came before it (ERTL, Hot Wheels, Mattel, Toynami, Hot Toys, Iron Studios, McFarlane, Bandai, etc.), no matter the scale.

c3240499daab4536bece8b1f7145589ebb9f2bbe.gifv

Sorry, that latest update has got me so excited. That 3D scanning is beautiful. Haven’t felt this pumped since Hot Toys announced Reeve Superman, Keaton Batman, Nicholson Joker and the Batmobile in 2011. All this great news, then it’s so warm and nice out, feels like Summer of 1989 again . . .

Last edited:
If anything, I’d like to see a 1/12 scale release after the 1/6 sells out. I’d buy one. I can see the reasoning for not doing the Batwing (and other vehicles), but a vehicle that fits 6”/7” Neca/Mezco/Mafex/Marvel Legends/McFarlane figures would do gangbusters.

As much as I'd like a 1/12 scale of this Batmobile from Joost as well, I think majority of the 1/12 collectors aren't willing to shell out $500 for it. Joost said they would have to sell a lot more units for the 1/12 scale to be feasible for them.

Sorry, that latest update has got me so excited. That 3D scanning is beautiful. Haven’t felt this pumped since Hot Toys announced Reeve Superman, Keaton Batman, Nicholson Joker and the Batmobile in 2011. All this great news, then it’s so warm and nice out, feels like Summer of 1989 again . . .
you’re right, this 3D Lazer scan of the hero screen used car is just incredible. The best that could happen when it comes to accuracy.
It’s gonna be impressive.

Can someone help me out with a question? I picked up a mcfarlane batmobile and was repainting it. The "bullet" nose and turbine looking piece in the front, is that all supposed to be a gunmetal gray?

Thanks for clarifying. It's hard to tell in photos
The nose is gunmetal, but it's not that simple. The nose's paint is is highly polished, so it's able to reflect the black that immediately surrounds it. That means it has the appearance of being darker than it actually is. At 1:6 scale, it might be a lot harder to give the nose a paint application that is reflective, so it won't reflect the nearby black as much, if at all. Therefore, the gunmetal paint will look too light.

The nose is gunmetal, but it's not that simple. The nose's paint is is highly polished, so it's able to reflect the black that immediately surrounds it. That means it has the appearance of being darker than it actually is. At 1:6 scale, it might be a lot harder to give the nose a paint application that is reflective, so it won't reflect the nearby black as much, if at all. Therefore, the gunmetal paint will look too light.
Interesting. This one is 1:12ish scale, so even smaller. Doesn't have to be exact, so I'll play around with it and maybe mix some black in

There were actually 2 versions of the cinemaquette Batmobile, the grey version [featured in the pics above], and the glossy black version, based on the Batman Returns Batmobile.....:)

Back