Jazz Inc - 1/6 1966 Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DSC00758-copy-scaled.jpg
DSC00695-copy-scaled.jpg
Looks like the proto is done!

WOW. Just WOW.

All by itself, the car stands on it's own, but add in the figures and it goes to a completely different level.

The pictures really have me starting to think about how I'm going to display it. I really like his 1/6 base he's got it on, plus the backdrop is great. I would absolutely love to display it the way it's shown in Dave's last picture (from the front at an angle), but I'm sort of terrified about how deep a display cabinet will need to be to do that. The car is 37 inches long, and I've only got one "good display" wall in my office left.

I guess I've got until September to figure it out :)

Great backdrop of City Hall. That and of course the Batcave are the ultimate for displaying the car.

yes, I personally would love to see Joost or someone else tackle the batcomputers. A rotating platform in the batcave would certainly expand display options

Yes, need a Batcave interior backdrop. I suggested this to joost a long time ago. Hope we get it.

Yeah, exactly, I suggested it as box insert art cover. That might complete every little boys dream.

Is anyone considering Joost's 1/6 base for this? If so, how are you planning your display?

I ordered the deluxe, but it doesn't mention a base in the description, so I don't think it's coming with one like the Justice Mobile did. Could be wrong about that, though...

I was initially going to order a Moducase like others have, as it seems (in north america, anyway) a good option as I don't have the tools or skills to manufacture my own like some others do.
For me, the problem is the Moducase is a little too big for my overall display and room.
Dimensionally, it'll fit inside an Ikea Besta as well, and I happen to be using an Ikea Besta under the television for the xbox, cable box, etc.. My plan is to take out all the shelves, and vertical separation, and light it up.
The height for the figures might be a little tight (15 inch max), and the width for the Batmobile (car is 14 inch wide, Besta interior is 14.75 inch wide) as well, but I won't have any doors on the Besta so I'm hoping it'll be fine for starters...

I planned moducases for all the cars but it seems very difficult to obtain them in the US per the waiting time to in hand. I have a friend who we are planing to make a display wall. I?m going with the same dimensions with moducase with acrylic covering.

Yeah as much as I'd love one of those slick looking Moducases, I can't ever see myself paying that much for one. Fortunately there are about a thousand videos on YouTube that make building your own display case look like a breeze to do, so all I need is just to stop being lazy and make one already. Lol

I ordered the deluxe, but it doesn't mention a base in the description, so I don't think it's coming with one like the Justice Mobile did. Could be wrong about that, though...

I was initially going to order a Moducase like others have, as it seems (in north america, anyway) a good option as I don't have the tools or skills to manufacture my own like some others do.
For me, the problem is the Moducase is a little too big for my overall display and room.
Dimensionally, it'll fit inside an Ikea Besta as well, and I happen to be using an Ikea Besta under the television for the xbox, cable box, etc.. My plan is to take out all the shelves, and vertical separation, and light it up.
The height for the figures might be a little tight (15 inch max), and the width for the Batmobile (car is 14 inch wide, Besta interior is 14.75 inch wide) as well, but I won't have any doors on the Besta so I'm hoping it'll be fine for starters...

The base he shows in his latest video is the flip side of the BVS base, but it's another $249.

I planned moducases for all the cars but it seems very difficult to obtain them in the US per the waiting time to in hand. I have a friend who we are planing to make a display wall. I?m going with the same dimensions with moducase with acrylic covering.

I love the idea of the moducase, but I'm not patient enough to wait 6 months for it. After two levels, it seemed like it got a bit flimsy (maybe not the best word), but it could be torqued a good deal in one of the videos I saw. I think that over two levels requires a wall anchor, which sort of turned me off.

I'm looking into constructing it myself using black 8020 t-slots and acrylite OP-3 panels. The final price should be comparable to the moducase pricing, but I can have greater space between vertical beams and the acrylic is uv-filtering (98%).

Finally pulled the trigger on this one. Deluxe version-It just looks too amazing to pass up and will be the center piece to my collection. Count me as one that is also looking for suitable display cases....front and center.

I heard WB is doing a license deal w joost. All original pre licensing orders remain in place.
Future orders may be subject to any license agreement fees.

I'm sure we'll hear something official soon if it is finalized.

Well I believe he said only orders for the JL Batmobile will remain. The 66 Batmobile is a different story, where if things don't work out with WB he may be forced to cancel the project and refund people's money.

Sad news.
at the same time quite surprised that he remained under the radars so long.
Perhaps it would have been better to privilege the discretion of the forums rather than the much more visible Facebook pages.
I sincerely hope that he can find an arrangement that will allow him to continue his business and satisfy the orphan fans of Hot Toys cancellations...

Given the quality and popularity of his work I really doubt he could have kept it hidden for very long. And the studios probably notice all this stuff the second it's announced anyway.

I heard WB is doing a license deal w joost. All original pre licensing orders remain in place.
Future orders may be subject to any license agreement fees.

I'm sure we'll hear something official soon if it is finalized.

Well I believe he said only orders for the JL Batmobile will remain. The 66 Batmobile is a different story, where if things don't work out with WB he may be forced to cancel the project and refund people's money.

Please provide a link or some type of validation. These aren't typical posts because they directly affect the reputation of Joost and concerns every one of his customers. It's irresponsible to just drop this and run without all the facts. It really does do more harm than good. This could easily cause a panic and put him out of business.

If this is true it would be extremely disappointing, but I will be equally disappointed that I had to find out about it this way. If true, this should be coming directly from Joost to his customers, rather than a "leaked conversation" on the web. I just got an email from him on Saturday about the additional re-runs, but not a word about this. Quite frankly, this is the kind of thing I would rather have gotten notice of.

Again, please post everything you have on this. Thanks!

Back