Jazz Inc - 1/6 1966 Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got another invoice from jazzinc for the 66 batmobile, but now that I hear the project is on hold, I am reluctant to pay

Technically it's still on hold, but in his latest video Joost said they're very close to an agreement and he's starting work again on the prototype, which seems like a very good sign.

Technically it's still on hold, but in his latest video Joost said they're very close to an agreement and he's starting work again on the prototype, which seems like a very good sign.
So glad to hear progress is being made with warner, and yes - working on the prototype again is an EXCELLENT sign :clap

Curious to see if the pricing changes - you'd think it would have to be increased from the initial listing if he gets a deal done with WB. Which would then be an odd situation for people who have already preordered.

Curious to see if the pricing changes - you'd think it would have to be increased from the initial listing if he gets a deal done with WB. Which would then be an odd situation for people who have already preordered.

In the latest update, he mentioned that he thinks it's possible that everyone who had already pre-ordered, or paid, may not have a price increase. Fingers crossed!
But I would expect for any new Pre-Orders, there would be a slight price increase.

In the latest update, he mentioned that he thinks it's possible that everyone who had already pre-ordered, or paid, may not have a price increase. Fingers crossed!
But I would expect for any new Pre-Orders, there would be a slight price increase.

Yes, I believe so. I POd 2019 and am nearly all pd up. Not even sure this 66 vehicle license is WB. All vehicles from 89 to today are WB...

Pretty sure all previousPOs are okay....

Yes, I believe so. I POd 2019 and am nearly all pd up. Not even sure this 66 vehicle license is WB. All vehicles from 89 to today are WB...

Pretty sure all previousPOs are okay....
Warner Brothers owns DC Entertainment owns DC Comics holds the 1966 batmobile copyright. Technically, DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of WB.

Just my opinion, but I believe that if this all works out, and there has to be an additional charge, it will be fair.

That is indeed excellent news. Thank you so much for the positive update.

This is a grail piece and to have it canned this deep into the project would be heartbreaking...

I remember seeing this in person as a kid. It was during a promotion at the local mall for the 89 batman movie. I doubt it was the real car, but it definitely looked amazing.

Well looks like Joost finally secured that WB license, so guess I can start paying down my Batmobile again.

Screenshot_20210517-140853_Facebook_1.jpg

Hopefully he will be taking more preorders soon. I hadn't been paying attention to the thread and unfortunately i found out about the batmobile after he got hit with the licensing problem and stopped taking preorders. My only concern now is i was watching the unboxing videos of the millennium falcon cockpit and the justice mobile and both people received broken items and there was various paint issues. I would like to know what the overall quality of his work is before i pay 1400 bucks on the batmobile.

Well looks like Joost finally secured that WB license, so guess I can start paying down my Batmobile again.

Do you know if the WB licensing agreement good for ALL of his projects (e.g. 66 batmobile, bvs batmobile, and 89 batwing), or just the 66 batmobile? I assume it's for all, but I'd hate to be wrong - just looking for confirmation.

I hope he'll get some more youtube videos back up soon :)

Hopefully he will be taking more preorders soon. I hadn't been paying attention to the thread and unfortunately i found out about the batmobile after he got hit with the licensing problem and stopped taking preorders. My only concern now is i was watching the unboxing videos of the millennium falcon cockpit and the justice mobile and both people received broken items and there was various paint issues. I would like to know what the overall quality of his work is before i pay 1400 bucks on the batmobile.

Any time I've ever heard of something arriving broken or damaged, I've also heard that Joost got them fixed up. There was some of that in the early BvS batmobiles and I believe he actually shipped some customers replacement parts. I believe I also saw a couple of issues with decals, but again, new decals were shipped. As far as paint issues, we've all seen the video on the millennium falcon cockpit where they were complaining about the paint (was it Justin's Collection?), but I don't know how widespread any of these quality issues run. Should these issues all have been caught before they were shipped? Probably, but for whatever reason, they weren't. I appreciate that he cared enough to follow up with a level of service to correct the issues - at least on the parts and decal issues - I don't know what he's done on the paint.

Based on emails I've had with Joost, I feel comfortable in ordering from him and I expect that he will do the right thing by me. That's not just talk - I have both the 66 Batmobile and the 89 Batwing on order with him and they have both been fully paid for some time, so I've got my money where my mouth is.

All that said, I am a bit concerned by the thought of a high gloss black batmobile paintjob being shipped to me halfway across the world and arriving in pristine shape. It's not just the transportation, but also the application of the paint and the packaging to protect it - this isn't the sort of flat, weathered paint job that can arrive with flaws and be acceptable. He clearly has to get that part right. He's a smart guy, so I have faith in him to figure that out, as well.

Still, it's your decision, so do what you're comfortable with. Everybody is different.

Yeah I actually asked him about the gloss paintjob a few months ago, since I had the same concern. But he assured me that it would be well protected during shipping and use the same kind of wrapping that the Blitzway Ecto-1 did, and I had no issues with the finish on that one.

Hopefully his electronics will be a lot more reliable than what we saw with the Ecto though...

Aside from the 1966 Batmobile, does anybody know what other Batmobiles JazzInc have confirmed they will be making?

No others have been confirmed yet. But it appears he's probably leaning towards the Forever one since that was the most popular in the poll he put up.

Not a fan of the Forever version, but I can see that looking cool with all of the LED's.

I'd love to see him tackle the 66 batcopter. Or even the batpod in 1/4 :)

Want a transforming AK batmobile.

There are a few smaller scale transforming versions, so it's doable.

Finally paid off my deluxe 1966 Batmobile today. Fingers crossed there are no licensing/production issues. Since this is not up on the Jazzinc site anymore, does that mean this will be even more of a limited run?

Back