Jazz Inc - 1/6 1966 Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He covered it in the video. In order to maintain the correct height of seated figures, it was necessary to lower the height of the seat bases. A real seat would compress with the extra weight. These, being hard plastic, have to have the compression, already built in.

Actually he did say the final seats will be leather, but even then they'd be way too stiff for the figures to sink properly into them.

Would be cool though if there was an option to raise the seats a bit higher, for those like me who just wanted this more as a display piece without the figures sitting inside.

Actually he did say the final seats will be leather, but even then they'd be way too stiff for the figures to sink properly into them.

Would be cool though if there was an option to raise the seats a bit higher, for those like me who just wanted this more as a display piece without the figures sitting inside.

Agreed. I plan on placing the figures next to the batmobile, not in it. The batman suit material is notorious for being prone to runs and tears, so he won?t be stuffed in there.

Maybe the answer is some type of magnetic bottom cushion to go over the seat bottom? That would look better when there are no figures seated, but could be removed for putting them in.

You can contact them directly with your concerns. They are very willing to listen and take suggestions. A separate attachment to fit on top of the seat cushion or a removable seat that can be replaced with the accurate height for those of us who want to keep the figures out of the car.

Last edited:
OK. If the seats are lowered to seat the figures in correct height, that makes sense.
I thought the floor was raised up to give space at the bottom structure or something.

The DX upgrade has leather seats, so that should look much better than the plastic in the prototype.

I did contact them with a couple of suggestions regarding the seat height. They responded that they would look into it, has to be cost effective.

I mean unless you're keeping it displayed with the doors open, the height of the seats shouldn't be that noticeable anyway.

I’m sure you would agree that for $1300, plus shipping, I shouldn’t have to be concerned about how I display it. There are custom accurate chrome interior door sills and insets, so why wouldn’t I want to show them off? That’s just frustrating. I display both my 89 batmobile and one tumbler with the cockpit doors open.

I think this is really as simple as Joost just revisiting the implementation of his “design choice” for the seats. It’s affected the overall authenticity of the product in a way that it really shouldn’t. They’ve posted that they would rather get it right than just hurry it out the door, so this seems like the perfect time to address this.

He’s set expectations very high for this, even going so far as to state that this might be their best product yet. I’m a huge fan and supporter of Joost and his business and I just hope he gets this right.

I did contact them with a couple of suggestions regarding the seat height. They responded that they would look into it, has to be cost effective.

It looks like the seats are separate parts from the undercarriage, so he has the option of making it a magnetic connector with additional taller seats. That might add too much cost, though - I just don't know.

seatplatform.jpg

seatsinstalled.jpg

Better still, he could make it really cost effective by simply just adding a removable fitted "booster" cushion on the top of the existing seat bottoms that could be taken out when/if you want to add the figures. That would work just fine, but I'd gladly pay an extra charge for them if need be.

He could make any of these options an "a la carte" item and charge for the seat upgrade, just like the bvs mobile and the additional justice league kit.

Here's hoping! :)

I for one, hope that JazzInc doesn't spend any more than a few minutes considering your request.
The reality is that he's shown development shots for months, and the seats were a large topic of conversation. Stuff like this should have been brought up months ago, not when so near production. The seats are positioned as they are so that the figures can fit inside. It's not a real car, and the figures are not real people with human body flexibility, softness, and articulation. There is only so much that can be done.
Adding a fitted "booster" cushion would also completely change the proportion of seat bottom to seat back, and would make the whole cockpit look off.

It looks like the seats are separate parts from the undercarriage, so he has the option of making it a magnetic connector with additional taller seats. That might add too much cost, though - I just don't know.

View attachment 505981

View attachment 505982

Better still, he could make it really cost effective by simply just adding a removable fitted "booster" cushion on the top of the existing seat bottoms that could be taken out when/if you want to add the figures. That would work just fine, but I'd gladly pay an extra charge for them if need be.

He could make any of these options an "a la carte" item and charge for the seat upgrade, just like the bvs mobile and the additional justice league kit.

Here's hoping! :)
My thoughts exactly!

I for one, hope that JazzInc doesn't spend any more than a few minutes considering your request.
The reality is that he's shown development shots for months, and the seats were a large topic of conversation. Stuff like this should have been brought up months ago, not when so near production. The seats are positioned as they are so that the figures can fit inside. It's not a real car, and the figures are not real people with human body flexibility, softness, and articulation. There is only so much that can be done.
Adding a fitted "booster" cushion would also completely change the proportion of seat bottom to seat back, and would make the whole cockpit look off.

Can you please identify where this has been discussed for the last several months? I've just watched his youtube channel for all 1966 batmobile updates going back to September 1, 2020 and all of the renderings show bigger, taller seats. As far as I can tell, it wasn't until this week that he actually showed the seats and mentioned that "many people" asked about the seat height.

I'm just trying to understand if there is any merit at all to your comments.

Can you please identify where this has been discussed for the last several months? I've just watched his youtube channel for all 1966 batmobile updates going back to September 1, 2020 and all of the renderings show bigger, taller seats. As far as I can tell, it wasn't until this week that he actually showed the seats and mentioned that "many people" asked about the seat height.

I was wondering the same thing, and you are correct with your comments.

The seat height has been discussed before. Somebody ( I think it was on the actually 66' car forum ) asked about putting the actuate frames the seat sat on. The answer has always been it's a comprise to make the figure seated in the car look correct. It's an issue because the plastic bodies don't compress the same way humans do.

My apologies, if you are not on Facebook, you would not have seen those comments/requests/discussions. On JazzInc's facebook group, the seat height has come up numerous times over the past few months, so yes there is "merit at all" to my comments.
But that said, adding a booster cushion to the seats would throw off the proportions/height of the seats to the dashboard, steering wheel, and center console, not to mention the seat backs as well. Adding cushions would make the interior look off...

My apologies, if you are not on Facebook, you would not have seen those comments/requests/discussions. On JazzInc's facebook group, the seat height has come up numerous times over the past few months, so yes there is "merit at all" to my comments.
But that said, adding a booster cushion to the seats would throw off the proportions/height of the seats to the dashboard, steering wheel, and center console, not to mention the seat backs as well. Adding cushions would make the interior look off...

No worries :)

The only channels of info I have for any updates are his youtube page and the FAQ section of his website. As far as I can tell, he supports both of them as "official" outlets of updates from him, so shame on him if he's posting late or posting somewhere else. That's really a disservice to those of us that have skin in the game and an actual vested interested in his projects (albeit an unintentional disservice, I'm sure).

Ideally, he should have his own forum on his website for us customers that have actually paid for his products. It would be nice to have access to his thoughts and be able to respond in a timely manner without having to email him. That may be one of the reasons his email is getting filled up. Still waiting on a question I posed 10 days ago.

I know I would appreciate any info you could post here, so please keep us updated.

I don't think he's intentionally posting or not posting specific information. Most of the time, he is responding to questions or comments.
To be fair, the Facebook communities (and he does have an official facebook page) are much larger than the participants on this Forum.
But to your point, the issue I have is that many of the commentors/questions on Facebook are from people who (based on their profile or comments on other FB collectibles groups) are not purchasing the piece, or do not have the resources to purchase the piece.

It would probably work best (but would be too much extra work for Joost) if he created some kind of group/forum for each product, and only sent the link to people who pre-ordered/purchased the piece. Then only take suggestions from those people, as opposed to the entire general population.

Based on everything, though, I have full confidence that this piece will be fantastic. I expect it to be the best 1/6 vehicle produced up until now.

Yeah as cool as the Batmobile looks on it's own, the extra color from the HT figures just makes the whole display pop even more.

This this is just getting harder and harder to resist...

Back