Jazz Inc - 1/6 1966 Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was surprised to hear that there won’t be any engine detail. Does that mean the hood doesn’t open? What about the trunk?

I'm so in.

Hope they do electronics, really hope, I ordered the deluxe.

I didn’t think a deluxe was being offered for sure. They talked about the possibility, but didn’t hear otherwise.

Ordered deluxe months ago.

Well see... just glad joost is making great progress.

I may be confused, but I think you meant the base version, which is the only one he currently offers. I ordered mine back in December.

As of yesterday, Joost hadn't yet finalized the base version, and was asking for feedback as to whether or not he should offer the DX version.

I believe we're probably going to see a DX version, but none of the details are finalized yet. I also don't believe he'll offer the DX until he can identify the features and how much work he has to put into it. Hoping for rubber tires, lights, and the rest, but I'm not sure about the engine compartment. That would probably require significant design changes to the point that the base version and the DX would require different production runs. It would be cool, but it probably isn't realistic. Maybe I'm wrong.

I may be confused, but I think you meant the base version, which is the only one he currently offers. I ordered mine back in December.

As of yesterday, Joost hadn't yet finalized the base version, and was asking for feedback as to whether or not he should offer the DX version.

I believe we're probably going to see a DX version, but none of the details are finalized yet. I also don't believe he'll offer the DX until he can identify the features and how much work he has to put into it. Hoping for rubber tires, lights, and the rest, but I'm not sure about the engine compartment. That would probably require significant design changes to the point that the base version and the DX would require different production runs. It would be cool, but it probably isn't realistic. Maybe I'm wrong.
What you are saying sounds accurate. So nobody knows if the hood or trunk will open?

What you are saying sounds accurate. So nobody knows if the hood or trunk will open?

I just went back and looked at all of his update videos on his youtube channel to see what I could find. I'm with hypnobrett on this one in that it's a non-issue for me.

That said, none of his update videos ever showed any opening parts, other than the side doors and his 3d modeling views never showed other parts for the hood or trunk - they were all part of the body.

His latest video indicates the exterior is pretty much done, save some minutiae, such as the number of ribs in the seat, and some dash details. You can see that the doors appear to be different parts from the body, but the hood and the trunk look like part of the body.

His third update video discusses making the door hinges operate like the real vehicle, but again, nothing on an opening hood or trunk.

His second update video says, "the wheels steer and the doors open, there's alot of detailing going on", but nothing about an opening hood or trunk.

His first video shows the 3d model and he says, "all the different colors are different parts" and both the hood and the trunk were the exact same color as the body.

I would say that the only opening parts on this vehicle are the doors. I suspect that if the there was another opening part that exposed a greatly detailed interior, he would probably have said something about it.

You can always email him, he's very quick to respond.

He did respond to me this afternoon. He mentioned the hood and trunk not opening as of now. I also mentioned to him that the bat phone was sitting sideways in the car with the phone handle going from the front of the car to the back instead of sideways. He said sometimes it sat that way in the show. I ave never seen it that way in the show, have you?

He did respond to me this afternoon. He mentioned the hood and trunk not opening as of now. I also mentioned to him that the bat phone was sitting sideways in the car with the phone handle going from the front of the car to the back instead of sideways. He said sometimes it sat that way in the show. I ave never seen it that way in the show, have you?

I always thought the phone sat the other way also, but I would defer to Joost. He has incredible access to resources and expertise that the average guy doesn't. He is also a stickler for details, so if he says it sat that way sometimes, I believe him. He's not one to just make stuff up - he does his homework.

If you go to the 1966batmobile.com website and browse the gallery, you can see the phone sitting the way you described, sitting higher up on the console, or not in the vehicle at all. I guess it depends on the version of the car (there were four) and the season/episode of the show.

All that said, there is nothing in his current design that either offends me or gives me any pause or regret for the purchase. I don't believe that there is any other 1966 batmobile out there that is (or ever has been) available to the 1/6 collector, let alone with the level of accuracy that this has, so I'm happy to jump on it. This is an "older kid's" dream come true :) .

Again, that is just my opinion.

I may have missed it in an earlier post, but do you have one on order?

I always thought the phone sat the other way also, but I would defer to Joost. He has incredible access to resources and expertise that the average guy doesn't. He is also a stickler for details, so if he says it sat that way sometimes, I believe him. He's not one to just make stuff up - he does his homework.

If you go to the 1966batmobile.com website and browse the gallery, you can see the phone sitting the way you described, sitting higher up on the console, or not in the vehicle at all. I guess it depends on the version of the car (there were four) and the season/episode of the show.

All that said, there is nothing in his current design that either offends me or gives me any pause or regret for the purchase. I don't believe that there is any other 1966 batmobile out there that is (or ever has been) available to the 1/6 collector, let alone with the level of accuracy that this has, so I'm happy to jump on it. This is an "older kid's" dream come true :) .

Again, that is just my opinion.

I may have missed it in an earlier post, but do you have one on order?

Yes, I do. I’m know they are good at doing their research. I was the one who brought the door issue to their attention. I was surprised they missed it, but very glad they were open to correcting it. Just want to make sure something like the phone isn’t an oversight.

This looks incredible - so much so that i cannot pass up. I am not sure I need a deluxe electronics version, but I do need this car. It is THE Batmobile.

I promise to myself this is the last 1/6 collectible of the size that I will ever need :pray:

Everyone remember SDCC 2011:

After the wait of all 66 fans and the fail of HT it?s going to be a reality!
Congrats to those who gonna pick this!

Personally my grail was the 89 batmobile but if it had never seen the light of day with HT, I?m sure I would have chosen the Jazz?s route!

Everyone remember SDCC 2011:

After the wait of all 66 fans and the fail of HT it?s going to be a reality!
Congrats to those who gonna pick this!

Personally my grail was the 89 batmobile but if it had never seen the light of day with HT, I?m sure I would have chosen the Jazz?s route!

I'm not sure if hot toys ever intended to actually sell the 1966 batmobile, or if they just wanted to "showcase their capabilities" by building one and dragging it out at convention time. In my opinion, it was an epic fail for them because it not only proved that they can't deliver it, but it also agitated a good portion of their customer base. It also signaled the beginning of skepticism, rather than anticipation, for the stuff they bring out at the conventions now. I mean, how many people really believe they are going to produce the "Jedi Starfighter" or the "Justice League Batmobile". "The Vulture" was shown in 2018, it's two years later, and still nothing in hand, yet Joost will be delivering it in February. It's just a horrible job that hot toys has done at managing expectations.

On a positive note, Joost's 1966 batmobile, for me, is my grail simply because I grew up watching Adam West as batman, -lots of good memories.

I believe HT halted it due to production issues, which some of us speculated they had paint issues.

Joost uses high quality materials that accept hi gloss paint much better than plastic.

A yway, this would be more accurate than theirs would have been.

Back