JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New photos on his Facebook and Instagram, really amazing.
For those who can afford it, pre orders open... [emoji16]
69ad3161ffd46690d260f38e91719e61.jpg
af7d4f3e63a955cde59c7ffaaf07695b.jpg
39c36708dd00e205a1593486c3642efd.jpg
d419f56488d74dbfce0e166f76efa2a9.jpg
60263525b2b28f319beb908493fb3dba.jpg
26b4ced82001bba816f47239136414d6.jpg
333b1cf82f2b57c6192be8805601e179.jpg

Enviado desde mi CLT-L09 mediante Tapatalk

There?s a few things off about it here and there (hair/head shape comes to mind) and his facial expression is a bit specific (which I like) but in my estimation it?s one of the two best currently, this and the mina Yu one. In my opinion nothing else is even on the list as acceptable anymore other than those two.

Buffy is probably the best sculptor in the game right now, early misses like Keaton aside, no one has come close to nailing Hopkins, like even a little close and on the first try to get a Daniel Craig which we all know is not easy is really something.

As previously stated if you want to get the head it will cost you 830 shipped. I?m in full support of an artist charging what they want for their work and if the demand is there, god bless ya, on the art principal I?d say first hand that I don?t blame them for charging that. It?s why I don?t take commissions. If someone wanted to pay me like 6 hundred for a painted sculpt I would though, the going rate doesn?t not match the effort or my time and it?s impossible for me to do a fast/crap job on something so I just don?t take commissions.

On the flip side, selfishly if this is the new normal I will personally be priced out of the hobby. It?s why something I only kind of give a **** about like tony stark can go to the people who really care about it at 800 a custom head I?m fine with the best hot toys or whatever . I suspect this head will be the same, many will be happy with the regular bargain bin options and a few will deem the character important enough to purchase.

I still prefer the Mina one to this but to me I could not pass up this masterpiece. To justify it I sold some random marvel figures I don?t care about like war machine. I like the marvel movies but to me it?s all a bit junky looking and the subject matter is just not as elevated as something like James Bond . To others it?s probably their top priority which is cool too. Priorities in the hobby are not a bad thing it?s a good thing actually especially when a collection is bat **** out of control like mine.

So you're getting this then? Awesome! As I was reading your post I was thinking: how could Ray pass this up?

Yup you’re right bud, just could not! I found this forum back in like 07/08 from the “dangerous man” loading toys bootleg. My first foray into the bootleg market and into 1/6 except for a sideshow obi Wan i owned. It radically changed my collecting habits and priorities. Since then I’ve owned like every latest and greatest version of Craig (except modern life I always thought that was too expensive to be too mediocre) painted endless ones, art directed a couple... there’s probably no bigger sucker on the planet for a high quality Daniel Craig James Bond Head than this guy right here haha

Fair play to you,

Like I said, if you guys want one, I'm not going to stand in your way. I've made a few high dollar purchases recently myself that others could find hard to justify, but, it's what they go for now and I could afford it. Still wouldn't pay $800 for one 1/6 head though.

IMHO this Buffy sculpt seems to be the best by far (really looking forward to see in hand pics), followed by Mina's.

Still, I don't like to diminish one head quality or likeness, despite other being superior in different aspects. I say that because I've done an extensive research in order to decide which version I would buy (among those I could afford and were available, of course), and I realized Daniel Craig is one of those guys that looks different even to himself, depending on the photo and expression [emoji16][emoji16]..... so many different faces...!

For example, based on the first picture below, the Modern Life head is nearly spot on (those who have it will certainly agree), and compared to the following 3, the Balloonman one is really good actually, although not perfect...so, all of them have nice aspects and features for sure:

820d20d5ae15bf1b65fa28ff2c1456e9.jpg
b8e553200131c9092a311a911f626f9d.jpg
a2316834ccd61ec70bf7ac8a718bac3a.jpg
fee38f3e997882469919d350a76ade68.jpg

Enviado desde mi CLT-L09 mediante Tapatalk

Hey Marcelo

I think the most important aspect of DC is18E8B4FF-40E8-4D98-A9DA-198C572AB226.jpg his hair
In each of his film, his hair is slightly different.

In SF for example, his hair was 18E8B4FF-40E8-4D98-A9DA-198C572AB226.jpgsuper short
Balloon nail the hair likeness but it was a bit big which really
affected the 1/6 scale

BBKill was the gold standard but now it just
doesn?t hold well anymore though

Sorry for the tiny pics but all the news heads
are winners if you are a DC fan.

Here is my DC BBKill on a custom Skyfall suit

Ideally I'd probably still prefer the younger Craig of CR. This sculpt does a great job capturing that older and puffier look he had in the last two movies, but it's not the version I'd most want to have in my collection.

101239-1532336916.jpg

MV5BMDI5ZWJhOWItYTlhOC00YWNhLTlkNzctNDU5YTI1M2E1MWZhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTIzOTk5ODM@._V1_~01.jpg

There?s a few things off about it here and there (hair/head shape comes to mind) and his facial expression is a bit specific (which I like) but in my estimation it?s one of the two best currently, this and the mina Yu one. In my opinion nothing else is even on the list as acceptable anymore other than those two.

Buffy is probably the best sculptor in the game right now, early misses like Keaton aside, no one has come close to nailing Hopkins, like even a little close and on the first try to get a Daniel Craig which we all know is not easy is really something.

As previously stated if you want to get the head it will cost you 830 shipped. I?m in full support of an artist charging what they want for their work and if the demand is there, god bless ya, on the art principal I?d say first hand that I don?t blame them for charging that. It?s why I don?t take commissions. If someone wanted to pay me like 6 hundred for a painted sculpt I would though, the going rate doesn?t not match the effort or my time and it?s impossible for me to do a fast/crap job on something so I just don?t take commissions.

On the flip side, selfishly if this is the new normal I will personally be priced out of the hobby. It?s why something I only kind of give a **** about like tony stark can go to the people who really care about it at 800 a custom head I?m fine with the best hot toys or whatever . I suspect this head will be the same, many will be happy with the regular bargain bin options and a few will deem the character important enough to purchase.

I still prefer the Mina one to this but to me I could not pass up this masterpiece. To justify it I sold some random marvel figures I don?t care about like war machine. I like the marvel movies but to me it?s all a bit junky looking and the subject matter is just not as elevated as something like James Bond . To others it?s probably their top priority which is cool too. Priorities in the hobby are not a bad thing it?s a good thing actually especially when a collection is bat **** out of control like mine.

I'm of the same frame of mind as Ray. I collect some Captain America and Wolverine/Logan figures since I was a huge fan as a kid, but the MCU figures as a whole (how many Iron Man figures can one possibly own?) pretty much do nothing for me. I put my order in for the Buffy Craig and don't expect any buyer's remorse. BTW, he's already sold out.

The Buffy head is out of the price-range that I'm willing to pay for Craig... but I am totally envious of those who have it. In one of the Yunsil suits, that head will shine.

I'm from the old school, so that kind of money can only go toward Connery or Moore era for me.

I do hope a more affordable solution comes up for Craig though. I have an unpainted bbkill head but I'm still on the lookout...

Ideally I'd probably still prefer the younger Craig of CR. This sculpt does a great job capturing that older and puffier look he had in the last two movies, but it's not the version I'd most want to have in my collection.

View attachment 466442

View attachment 466448

I'd like a CR version too...maybe BC will give us a nice representation at some point...

I'll say it again. It's not half good enough for even half the price - as a cast & pre-paint, not talking private commission type work here. It's good, maybe even the best of Craig sculpts, but that's not saying very much.

Started building functional switchgear into the dash pod. I could have just installed various switches under the chassis which would have been a lot easier, but this way is more fun. On the left side, there are 2 buttons to raise and lower the pop-up headlamps.

lotus110.jpg

The right side has 2 buttons, 1 for the sidelights and another for the main beams.

lotus111.jpg

A tight squeeze.

lotus112.jpg

Just the gauges to add and an LED for illumination.

lotus113.jpg

Back