JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: OFFICIAL JAMES BOND THREAD

Hmmmmm... Yeah. Now I see what you're saying I think. Odd...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't say that your photos are 100% accurate. Specifically, referring to the Connery pic, I have the head and it is narrower than your pic. This pic is representative. Comparing it to the BBkill head is a good indicator of what it looks like 'in hand'! As I said in a previous post, it's in the realm of being 'ok', but I think it is slightly narrow.

Based on other Craig heads, I would say Rocco's is on the narrow side as well. I've never heard of anyone mention squeezing or distortion with other Bond sculpts compared to what is being said about Rocco's. I wish that they were all perfect because I would buy them all. But I think there is definitely something wrong that could/should be corrected.

Attachments

• TT Rocco Connery.jpg
    TT Rocco Connery.jpg
    480.5 KB · Views: 187

I can't say that your photos are 100% accurate.

I can (and also showed them to a couple of people before posting, just in case.)

Don't shoot photos from so close.

There's no argument to be made that the Craig sculpt, most of all, is too narrow, but I've pointed out exactly what's wrong with it, not just 'something' - the face is too narrow for the size of the skull above all else. The question of fixing it (in a new run) I can't answer because I don't know which stage of production needs tweaking.

We need to see shots from directly above and directly below. In the future, I strongly suggest all 3D artists always release an animation of their work prior to taking orders - this will make it much easier to see what's going on and give a better reference to compare the master print and casts to.

Last edited:

Why did I take this pic over my laundry? Lol... Spur of the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My point saying that I can't say that the pics are 100% accurate is that there isn't a 'control' object (another known head) to compare the head in question to.

As long as she's signed he waiver, it's all good.

I just don't want this topic getting out of control and the images to be used for the wrong purpose, so I'd like them to stay here in this thread.

The comparison pic between the two Connery heads is a pretty good indicator of what the head looks like in real life, as we've states before they are a bit too narrow. I think likeness wise Connery and Dalton turned out much better than Moore... I just couldn't seem to pull the likenes through. Hopefully some other artists like inigou or bbkill take on a Moore some day as I'd like to see more interpretations

Interesting pictures, Pixel. Seems like Craig's features are shrunken on a larger head. Now I can't un-see it.

Beyond that though, its a very nice sculpt, sharp and nicely defined. Need to see it painted now.

Connery looks smallish to me when I see it next to bbkill's.

I have tried Moore and Dalton on ttm 18-looks good

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Cool pics Gido, they look great on the bodies and painted, Im still bothered by the narrowness of Craig and Dalton. Here is a pic of the print next to Craig face, his right cheek bone is smaller then the left in real life too, nobody has symmetrical head, but the mold maker definitely distorted the castings, since the print is fine: Im using 2 different mold makers now to avoid this issue for any future heads I make.

12769391_1080321725353368_115328971_n.jpg

Also, does anybody want a neckless Craig? I had 2 guys ask me for neckless if I get a few more Ill offer him without neck as well, just let me know, thanks!

Tell you true, mate, Dalton's face looks bit narrowed, squished horizontaly:(I don’t have Craig yet.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I agree that heads are not symmetrical but you really can't demonstrate that by showing a photo of a tilted head. The cheeks appear different in that photo due to the natural effect gravity plays in head tilt.

No human face is symmetrical but the issue is that the prints and molds are coming out distorted compared to the render. They are being squished horizontally.

Back