JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: OFFICIAL JAMES BOND THREAD

Seems like most people agreed that it's the Goldeneye Navy suit he wore when driving the tank.

Really? I never liked that comedic sequence. Left over from the Moore days.

He never wore anything better than that suit? Or is it just that everyone wants an outfit from his best film?

Really? I never liked that comedic sequence. Left over from the Moore days.

He never wore anything better than that suit? Or is it just that everyone wants an outfit from his best film?

That might be it, honestly. Personally? I pick his fatigues from the end of Goldeneye as his iconic outfit. BUT it's not a suit. Just like I pick that turtleneck as Moore's iconic look. But I seem to be in the minority here :)

Moore's LALD outfit you speak of is iconic enough that Sideshow picked it. It is one of my favorites too -- probably his "coolest" look. But I always think of Moore in that Naval battledress from TSWLM, even if its a bit 'disco'.

I'm going to find Brosnan's coolest look...

Looks like this Agent "Paul" is wearing TWINE tux.

So this is the look everyone likes for Brosnan...? Good picture.

Goldeneye-1178.jpg

What about his turtleneck look...?

01e637b70e83338505ab111a2ee59e00.jpg
Die-Another-Day-Pierce-Br-003.jpg

The top one? yeah. He wears it for a reaaaallly long time in that film too IIRC.

Well, from the point that he arrives with Xenia to meet 006 in the statue garden, then trapped in the chopper bit, then the arrested and the escape (ending in the tank chase) and finally the confrontation onboard 006's personal train with Xenia. That is a long stretch. Doesn't make it a great suit though.

Like most things in the 90's, Brosnan's Bond seems devoid of style and anything iconic.

I'm a fan of Brosnan wearing a peaked lapel tuxedo, but besides the tuxedo I think the look that most stands out to me is his linen suit from TWINE. I know that I'm in the minority here, but I've always liked that suit.

TWINE Linen 4.jpg

Well, from the point that he arrives with Xenia to meet 006 in the statue garden, then trapped in the chopper bit, then the arrested and the escape (ending in the tank chase) and finally the confrontation onboard 006's personal train with Xenia. That is a long stretch. Doesn't make it a great suit though.

Like most things in the 90's, Brosnan's Bond seems devoid of style and anything iconic.

Yeah having recently rewatched all his movies, I think Brosnan always looked the best and coolest in a tuxedo.

bond.jpg

Although I do agree with TheOwl that the tan suit was really nice as well. Unfortunately he only wore it really briefly in that movie IIRC.

These are probably the most memorable looks for the kids who grew up with Brosnan in the role:

height_comparison_bonds.jpg

Seriously though that black outfit he wears at the beginning of Goldeneye was my favorite as a kid. Apart from that I'd have to say a tux is the most memorable outfit.

:lol

That snow-suit.

I do remember that rope-jump spy gear outfit... remember how excited I was to have Bond back after a 6 year absence. That was a long time for someone who didn't know anything longer than 2 years between Bonds (once an anguishing 3-year between MWTGG and TSWLM).

But wasn't that outfit just a black flightsuit?

The Black outfit from the beginning, the peak lapel tux with the waistcoat, the navy blue suit and the ending uniform from goldeneye are Brosnans best looks. The tux and end black uniform when he is on the boat in tomorrow never dies are good too.

I remember Barbara broccoli talking about how Brosnan was born to wear a suit as his back is very straight, it's a shame there is no true iconic suit, like Craig's midnight blue tux from skyfall.

Now if someone could get around to making a TLD Dalton figure, that would be great.

Always liked the leather jacket from the opening of Tomorrow Never Dies

tomorrow011.jpg

For a Brosnan figure, i'd like to see one wearing the combat clothes from the Stealth Ship Battle in TND.

Back