Its Up!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The cleft chin is there but disappears under the beard and the straight on photo.

I'd say wait for more shots of this to forumulate any judgements. We've seen how opinions can change radically with new pics.

As someone said in this thread Viggo's appearance changes depending on which side you look at him from. So I think that will also be the case with this figure.

Darklord Dave said:
The cleft chin is there but disappears under the beard and the straight on photo.

I'd say wait for more shots of this to forumulate any judgements. We've seen how opinions can change radically with new pics.

As someone said in this thread Viggo's appearance changes depending on which side you look at him from. So I think that will also be the case with this figure.

the cleft in his chin should be visible from all angles, even with the beard. in every photo of the actor, it's clearly visible. only when he becomes king at the end of ROTK does his beard get thicker that it might hide his chin.

Last edited:
I'll still likely pick this one up, but must agree that from this shot the likeness looks definitely off.

I would be interested to see just shots of the sculpt. I wonder how much of the problem is with the sculpt and how much may actually be due to paint ops?

theoffice0405.jpg

oxbeard said:
I'll still likely pick this one up, but must agree that from this shot the likeness looks definitely off.

I would be interested to see just shots of the sculpt. I wonder how much of the problem is with the sculpt and how much may actually be due to paint ops?

i don't think the paint job can be blamed here. the paint job actually looks really nice. the problem is that the sculpt is johnny carson in an aragorn wig.:horror

In case there is some confusion, Aragorn will not be pre-ordered this week - this is just a teaser preview. There will be more information concerning his pre-order in Friday's newsletter! :duff

pitchin said:
His eyes remind me of the scene at Amon Hen where he rejects the ring

his eyes remind me of his last show before jay leno took over.:D

aragorn is the new brent.:wacky

SideshowDusty said:
In case there is some confusion, Aragorn will not be pre-ordered this week - this is just a teaser preview. There will be more information concerning his pre-order in Friday's newsletter! :duff

What's the matter? You guys don't want Obi-Wan and Aragorn preorders at the same time? ;)

My first impression is that his eyes do look a little bit off – a bit too close together, maybe, or a bit too tilted up at the outside corners? But I'd want to see more pictures before I said anything definite. It might just be the hair hanging in his face throwing my perception off.

But that said, I still think he looks pretty frickin' good! I'll certainly be ordering him, and will be very happy to have him. :)

So much expection for that??? I think the likeness is really far off (did he have bad plastic surgery?) And I agree, he looks soooooooooo SAD!!!

Strider was not a happy fellow.i am not 100% pleased with the likeness to Vigo,but as far as him being too sad ,i dont think its possible to make Strider look too sad or serious.i will order it as i missed the statue and would like to have some full size representation in my collection.the aragorn strider bust is my favorite of the human busts and i think it is a super likeness.i hope the exclusive comes with something cool:naughty

¿¿Jordi "Aragorn" Molla??

co7.jpg

:google

I think we need more pictures...It´s like NECA figures..depends on the side from you see the figure to be like the character..or not.

IMO, Sideshow hasnt beat neca for the Aragorn likeness...Neca has done the best represatation of this character in figure form..Hope the premium format of him will look better...

neca_aragorn1.jpg

jlcmsu said:
I don't see where the Neca version is any better.

I don't think either is really close....But, even Stevie Wonder could see the NECA one is closer to Viggos likeness.....And what is it with people saying, "It depends on which angle you view it at, to get the likeness of Viggo"....It should look like Viggo, no matter WHAT angle you look at it from...:confused:

darth dyp**** said:
I don't think either is really close....But, even Stevie Wonder could see the NECA one is closer to Viggos likeness.....And what is it with people saying, "It depends on which angle you view it at, to get the likeness of Viggo"....It should look like Viggo, no matter WHAT angle you look at it from...:confused:

Well, then I guess Stevie Wonder has one on me then. Cause I don't think either is super close to Viggo. I can see him in both though.

Back