Its Up!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neca is better but not great.

I too hope the 1/4 Aragorn is better.

To me the NECA sculpt looks like an Anorexic Aragorn. The eyes and cheeks are so sunken in that he looks like the nurse forgot to stop taking out his blood during a blood donation... :horror

Sideshows version is sharp except for the outer corners of the eyes. It appears that I'll have no problem what-so-ever pre-ordering this one when it's available, which is fine with me. :wacky

darth dyp**** said:
It's cool JL...If there is one person I wouldn't expect to rag (even a little..) on a SS piece it's you..:peace

It's all good. I don't mind a good ribbing. I'm not feeling so hot today so my sense of humor isn't great but I got a good chuckle out of the SW comment.:D

I really don't think the NECA's is any better. I think shadows and such are playing tricks on the face, elongating it and hiding the cleft.

Whoever the sculptor is, it's definitely a thankless task since Viggo's likeness is so hard to capture.

I dont see the NECA version better as being better either but since someone said Ed Harris now thats all I see!

Darklord Dave said:
Whoever the sculptor is, it's definitely a thankless task since Viggo's likeness is so hard to capture.

No kidding. I hope now those that have busted the balls of the Weta sculptors take a bit of a breather. SS has great sculptors but we see even there best has a hard time getting Viggio.

I agree J. But, I always thought the Elessar was a great Viggo likeness. And Aragorn at the Black Gates looks very good to me as well.

The Neca one isn't that great in my opinion. I had it 2x and sold it both times. He looked posessed to me and like Alex said had a sunken in face.

I will get the Aragorn. Do I think it's a fantastic likeness? Not at all. Do I think it is decent? After I look at it some more, yes.

Agent23 said:
I will get the Aragorn. Do I think it's a fantastic likeness? Not at all. Do I think it is decent? After I look at it some more, yes.

That's my two cents on it as well.

I dont collect these...havent read the entire thread either...but for a doll, the paint and the sculpt looks really good. Just my two cents.

pitchin said:
Now that's the kinda comment I hate.......no justification in his/hers remarks :banghead

no justification necessary when you just show your gratitude. Unlike PF line, its likeness and predictable overall quality took all my interest away.
it's how they are without weta i believe

SauronBurger said:
no justification necessary when you just show your gratitude. Unlike PF line, its likeness and predictable overall quality took all my interest away.
it's how they are without weta i believe

What????:confused:

Yep, it's gone. If anything I may just get the LOTR ones...I wanted to go all out on 12"ers but I may just go for the LOTR and not any other ones...

I can never make up my mind.

:D

TheObsoleteMan said:
Now we know what Aragorn would've looked like if he were played by Gary Oldman.

lol.gif

That is spot on for Gary.

Agent23 said:
Yep, it's gone. If anything I may just get the LOTR ones...I wanted to go all out on 12"ers but I may just go for the LOTR and not any other ones...

Yeah, I hear ya. I'll get some SW ones like the first three, Vader, Maul, Qui-Gon, Yoda, etc. But not everyone. LOTR well I don't know I might go after them all we shall see.

Agent23 said:
I can never make up my mind.

I know but that's why we love ya.:D

Back