Its Up!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like it! It may not look entirely like Viggo, but Viggo's features are just about the hardest to capture in a sculpt. And this figure certainly reminds me of Strider from the LOTR books. I'll be getting me one! I hope the exclusive will be something worth while, like the Elven Cloak. But seeing as how the entire Fellowship wore one, I dont think that'll be the exclusive. How about an apple to throw at Merry? :D

I'm not gonna be baited by your childish games danny, witchking or danniedarko. :D

What's this brokeback mountain nonsense anyway?

Funny Fubeca :mwaha

Tag Team? Is that what Heath, Jake, and pitchin call it. :dunno

Dunno, guess I hit a sensitive spot for pitchin. Kind defensive there, hiding something it seems. :horror Wow, he's 27 and sooooo burned. Bigger world out there ptich. No a trip to the "Mountain" does not count. :mwaha

As a fanatic for nearly all things Aragorn/Viggo, I'm still gonna have to see different views/angles of this baby before I decide to get or not. Yes, it IS the eyes I think. Haven't seen a Aragorn/Viggo piece yet (by ANY company) that seems to be able to capture the eyes and brow area properly. Keeping an open mind until more is shown.

I'm takin a trip to the mountain this thursday actually :D Or Friday. Maybe both if I like it ;)

Anyway, back to the not-as-good-a-likeness-than-Weta-after-all doll talk please!

FrodoEyes, no offense to you at all but pitchin really wants to see this movie again for the 5th time. By all means, he'd be glad to go with you.

Oh and the Viggo figure is so so. Anyone else? :cool:

TheWitchKing said:
FrodoEyes, no offense to you at all but pitchin really wants to see this movie again for the 5th time. By all means, he'd be glad to go with you.

Yeah, ya get alittle saddle sore after the 3rd time :D

I honestly think the Aragorn sculpt looks great. The only nit-picking would be the outside corners of the eyes. That's what's throwing off the resemblance to Viggo somewhat. The eyes are what we tend to look at first and they appear a little off, but the rest of the face, the nose, the sunken cheekbones, and even the amazingly sculpted hair is certainly Viggo.

I'm sure once we see unpainted pics, similar to Anakin, the resemblance will be uncanny.

I myself can't wait for more 12" figures to be announced. I hope Sideshow makes them quick, just like the Star Wars 12" line.

TheObsoleteMan said:
That is weird, wild stuff.

i wish........actually it's sad.:sick

where is the dent in aragorn's chin?.........not that it would matter. that sculpt is horrible.:eek:

I think it looks very good for a $50 figure. Not perfect but better than the Weta Aragorn.

Gruson said:
I think it looks very good for a $50 figure. Not perfect but better than the Weta Aragorn.

but not as good as the hot toys version.

it's pretty sad when a company like hot toys makes a better viggo mortenson head than a company with the actual license.....:confused:

Looks pretty good to me, but I'll just stick with my WETA PS Strider. The likeness or lack thereof to Viggo means nothing to me. I just wanted a good representation of the character from the books....not the actor from the movie.

captain sack said:
but not as good as the hot toys version.

it's pretty sad when a company like hot toys makes a better viggo mortenson head than a company with the actual license.....:confused:

Now that...that looks horrible.

Back