Is this who I think it is!?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rogerbee

Super Freak
Reaction score
I do believe most of you already know this guy:

**links to *******'s ebay auctions deleted**

Does anyone know if Trev and Denny are part of eBay's VERO programme!? I hear this may be a way to get this guy shut down for good.

Stay frosty and alert folks, if you see this guy on your eBay travels avoid him and post the link here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, it's been discussed quite a bit in the iminime thread in the customs section.

On a bit of a related note, Q also has a lot of betomatali sculpts on there. Just in the past few weeks I've seen three different painters post pics of a repainted Part II Freddy sculpt here in the forum. I highly doubt those are all originals, (a) because the original figure is pretty rare, and (b) the original paint is very good, at least from what I've seen in pictures.

I think the dilemma with posting links to his auctions in here with a warning, is that for every 10 people that get educated about him and avoid him in the future, somebody else sees it and buys a sculpt of his, for lack of other options. :(

Its probably more like for every 1 that gets educated 10 people go buy sculpts.

Also, Trev/Denny/insert artist, themselves don't have license rights to produce and sell these sculpts, so they can't go to ebay claiming intellectual property infringement.

I reported
tumblr_lmr3dbh8KS1qcryjz.gif

Also, Trev/Denny/insert artist, themselves don't have license rights to produce and sell these sculpts, so they can't go to ebay claiming intellectual property infringement.

bingo!!!

Good job posting this Rogerbee:clap...however this thread COULD evolve into another 'calling-out' of members who purchase the re-cast hs (easy enough to search through feedback to the seller :wink1:)...AND more discussion which is GOOD about infringment of copyright/artistic/intelligence rights etc, etc.

nevertheless I will watch this thread with interest.

i seen a you tube vid. about a very respected ss member who supposedly is supplying ""q"" with these sculpts. now to be totaly fair it was posted by another recaster that was banned from the forums...lol....priceless.....take that with your grain of salt folk's.....a banned recaster trying to out another collector, just too funny. you tube is the toilet bowl for 1/6 th drama...

whats disturbing is how fast "'q"" gets his hands on this stuff, somebody is maing it very easy for him, he had trevor's kurt russel on ebay i think before it was even made available, i think.....all of these beto sculpts are alarming........a real shame......but if you look at his auctions ""q"" is making a ton of money on this stuff, ss forum is more likely the minority in the hobby, tons of collectors do not belong to this site, or they belong but rarely post or even care about whats said on here. for every upstanding member on ss spreading the word about recasters, theres hundreds maybe thousands who can care less. most people in this hobby are on budgets and such. getting a quality artist work at a mere fraction of the cost will win out everytime.....it will never be stopped because the forum stands up against it.....

Ok, well, I made the right call flagging him up anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if he has other accounts and other aliases. There are warnings up on FB and OSW.

Rule of thumb: If it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

Actually not true. Every artist has an implied copyright in his original art. Reproducing the art without the artist's permission is stealing and copyright infringement. It doesn't matter if the art happens to look like a celebrity.

i seen a you tube vid. about a very respected ss member who supposedly is supplying ""q"" with these sculpts. now to be totaly fair it was posted by another recaster that was banned from the forums...lol....priceless.....take that with your grain of salt folk's.....a banned recaster trying to out another collector, just too funny. you tube is the toilet bowl for 1/6 th drama...

Which was proven beyond a shadow of a doubt to be fake.

Actually not true. Every artist has an implied copyright in his original art. Reproducing the art without the artist's permission is stealing and copyright infringement. It doesn't matter if the art happens to look like a celebrity.

Yes... and no. It depends on the art, and if the image in the art is covered by public domain or not.

An artist creating a nonspeciific sculpt or Mark Hammil is likely covered. he's a public figure.
Creating a csculpt of Luke skywalker and trying to pass it off as " Mark hammil with 70's hair" is himself committing copyright infringement, as luke skywalkers likeness is owned by Lucasfilm ltd.

New member here, but I've been on OSW for awhile. I recently posted there of my dealings with this guy.

He bought a new HT Godfather from me off of Ebay for a great price. He received the package and promptly opened a claim stating that I sent him an empty box filled with nothing but bubble wrap. I immediately contacted Ebay, and spoke to a supervisor and explained the situation, even telling them I could supply them with a witness (the person of the shipping store that I shipped from, who packaged the item for me), the UPS ticket with the weight, the video camera footage of the item being boxed, etc.

However, to my frustration, Ebay informed me that while sympathetic to my story, basically that all he has to do is file a police report, and he gets refunded, no questions asked.

So, I've now had my account suspended because I refuse to pay that money back for an item I in fact sent. I find it intolerable that Ebay would do that. What's worse, is that they did not even have the courtesy to inform me they were issuing a refund - I found out when Ebay sent me an email "we tried to charge your credit card..etc". Scoundrels, the whole lot of them.

I post this because this was beyond simple recasting, this was outright fraud. However, because of Ebay's Buyer Protection program, he wins.

Back