Iron Man 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do expect another movie before Avengers 3. I find it hard to believe they will let what like 4-5 years without one.

I think this has more to do with contract negotiation than anything else. I have a hard time believeing Disney won't make another Iron Man with Downey considering how much the last one made. RDJ is just playing that old game of showing no interest in order to get a bigger piece of the pie.

I like 3, don't mind 2. The second one lacks focus, but has a lot of great parts/ideas. I like the subplot with his dad, especially with the video. Justin Hammer is also an interesting character.

3 is more concise though. It's not as good as the first, but I dig it.

I'm game for Iron Man 4 if it happens. I know it's easy to hate on Iron Man because of how mainstream and obnoxious certain companies are with their licensing, but he really is a cool character. If they can still find interesting stories to tell with Tony Stark, other than Avengers centric, I say go for it.

Well Rottentomatoes and Metacritic agree, for what it's worth.

I agree too :lecture

emma-pagespeed-ce-015kgqbhlq.gif

I love IM 1 and 3

I think IM3 got more geek hate than 2 (though 2 had its fair share), largely because of "Mandarin" and the drone suits, but for various other reasons. I thought this after I first saw it--as a film, and not as a traditional showcase of a traditional super hero--I think 3 works quite well. But you have to check your expectations at the door and roll with what Black is doing. For me, 2 doesn't work as well from a simple storytelling POV, though it does some of the traditional comic booky things better--you get a bad ass War Machine, villain is more of a traditional mustache-twirler, final battle has the hero you expect doing expected hero stuff, etc. First Iron Man is definitely the gold standard for Marvel Studios movies, though.

I'm game for Iron Man 4 if it happens. I know it's easy to hate on Iron Man because of how mainstream and obnoxious certain companies are with their licensing

You said it Chewie. I honestly find it very hard to feel anything but resentment for the character thanks to Hot Toys. But it's probably unfair, there's a lot of entertainment value there.

You said it Chewie. I honestly find it very hard to feel anything but resentment for the character thanks to Hot Toys. But it's probably unfair, there's a lot of entertainment value there.

Yeah, exactly.

Their *ahem* "excess" is really the only thing that turns me off about Iron Man. Around the time of Avengers, I was actually looking for an Iron Man figure to have in the collection, after the bombardment though, I gave up. Still enjoy the movies featuring him though. I love the fact that the character started out as a C-listing nobody to pretty much everyone except those that were comic readers to, BAM, an A-listing, billion dollar, house hold name over night.

Yeah, exactly.

Their *ahem* "excess" is really the only thing that turns me off about Iron Man. Around the time of Avengers, I was actually looking for an Iron Man figure to have in the collection, after the bombardment though, I gave up. Still enjoy the movies featuring him though. I love the fact that the character started out as a C-listing nobody to pretty much everyone except those that were comic readers to, BAM, an A-listing, billion dollar, house hold name over night.

He'd obviously be essential if I ever try to complete an Avengers set but I would hope they'd have solved the pink panties issue by then. If not, **** that. I once owned the original Mark III figure they made, total impulse buy, didn't even particularly like the first film back then. But all the softer parts turned pink, very annoying issue. Maybe they've fixed it now, I haven't kept track.

Waiting is easy because Avengers and Iron Man is the gift that keeps on givin'. :lol

Stealth Suit Cap is really tempting me though.

Waiting is easy because Avengers and Iron Man is the gift that keeps on givin'. :lol

Stealth Suit Cap is really tempting me though.

Yeah there's really no rush on those. Except maybe if the Cap from Avengers 2 turns out good because that suit looks pretty definitive.

Stealth suit cap looks nice but you need the colour if you're only getting one.

Back