Iron Man 2 Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw the movie and it was awesome man. The figt scenes were just epic in my eye's. Also there was a guy snoring in the movie theater,i still don't see how you can sleep through this but whatever.

Just goto midnight shows and your usually going to be ok, since most people there at that time are the hardcore fans who want to watch the movie.

just saw the movie and though it wasn't as great as the first one it holds its own imo.
if the first one was a 10/10 for superhero movies then this was a 8/10 for me and my son...

now for petes sake quit teasing us with the cap shield and put out the damn movie already.

It was okay to good. It tried too hard. Almost bordered along the lines of Spider-Man 3 in terms of too much going on and some really phony baloney rushed scenes.

Yes, I agree 100%. It was still a great summer action flick, but there was too much going on all at once. Did anyone watch after the credits?

Hell.....they shouldn't even made IM2!

IM1 was good enough that IM2 could've waited.

We all should've been watching Cap and Thor this summer and Avengers in 2010.

Everything was delayed a year just because IM2 HAD to be made due to IM1's success.

It's not like we weren't going to see IM and BW in the Avengers movie anyways.

Oh ____.....8:20pm.....gotta run....going to see IM2 for the 3rd time....:lol

I thought it had too much going on that it hurt the story. And I am not a big fan of Whiplash. In the movie there were some phony scenes, and periods where I was like, okay... I know it's a comic movie, but it just didn't feel as believable as the first. Plus the Iron men have pulsars. He just has his electric whips, and shouldn't that car have crushed him? Meh... Either way, just a movie, but one I didn't enjoy no where near as much as the original.

At the end of that scene, Whiplash's pants were torn and you could see some sort of leg braces which I assumed kept his legs from being crushed. Which would make sense that he would need some sort of mechanical support for the weight of the harness and whips.

Also, talking about rudeness in theaters, there was a jackass behind me that left his cell phone on and it rang during the Senate scene. he actually had to dig the phone out of his pocket and proceeded to answer it and start a conversation before telling the people next to him that he needed to get out. What is wrong with people?

At the end of that scene, Whiplash's pants were torn and you could see some sort of leg braces which I assumed kept his legs from being crushed. Which would make sense that he would need some sort of mechanical support for the weight of the harness and whips.

Also, talking about rudeness in theaters, there was a jackass behind me that left his cell phone on and it rang during the Senate scene. he actually had to dig the phone out of his pocket and proceeded to answer it and start a conversation before telling the people next to him that he needed to get out. What is wrong with people?

Okay, that was rude. I hate people and their ignorance with their cellphones. Our generation is of the idiot variety I am learning more with each passing day.

Either way, the focus should be a movie and a thread should be made about idiot cellphone users.

3 times at the theatre? I don't think I'll even watch this a second time on blu ray unless it's a different and superior cut. I hope there's lots of footage that wasn't used. I must have seen a different movie to everyone else because out of all the films i've seen this year, this was the most dissapponting of all of them.

I had my Grand daughter their with us 3 yrs old. She liked it but I couldn't keep her in her seat very long.

Haha. I still saw almost all of it. I think I want to go see it again though.

Liked it. Very good.

I saw the movie and it was awesome man. The figt scenes were just epic in my eye's. Also there was a guy snoring in the movie theater,i still don't see how you can sleep through this but whatever.

I think I might have to see this again, but for me, this did not have a lot of action, or maybe I should put it as, I thought it would have more action. Something was off about this movie. At time they just was too much talking that when certain scenes ended, It felt flat, like what was the point? As for the fight scenes, beginning one was cool, the fight with the drones great, fight against Whip/Dynamo.......WTF?!? Total let down. Now, I am not saying it was a bad movie. I felt that this movie fell short. Hopefully when I see it a second time it will be better, but the more i think about it, I doubt it. Hopefully Thor will get these movies back on track.

3 times at the theatre? I don't think I'll even watch this a second time on blu ray unless it's a longer cut. Each to their own I guess.

I would agree with you if we were discussing Elektra, Catwoman and any of the Schumacher Batman movies.

But for IM2.......I am perplexed :dunno

Was it perfect......of course not....what in life is...well.....maybe camel toe on hot chicks come close.

But c'mon....you really didn't take anything away positive from this movie?

RDL alone with his continuation of the character traits from IM1 which is acheived because of his excellent acting makes this movie worth seeing it 3 x in the theater and it's a must own in my movie library.

I didn't feel like the movie treated me like a dummy and nor was I bored.

I really did wish that they would've just skipped IM2 and went straight to Cap and Thor for this summer but since they went and made it and it just so happens to be a good follow up to IM1, I'm going to support Marvel when they do good for their fans. :rock

I think I might have to see this again, but for me, this did not have a lot of action, or maybe I should put it as, I thought it would have more action. Something was off about this movie. At time they just was too much talking that when certain scenes ended, It felt flat, like what was the point? As for the fight scenes, beginning one was cool, the fight with the drones great, fight against Whip/Dynamo.......WTF?!? Total let down. Now, I am not saying it was a bad movie. I felt that this movie fell short. Hopefully when I see it a second time it will be better, but the more i think about it, I doubt it. Hopefully Thor will get these movies back on track.

I don't think that IM1 and IM2 have derailed anything that it needs to get back on track.

Incredible Hulk was good enough but IM1 and IM2 were simply awesome!

I feel the opposite....I hope Cap, Thor and Avengers possesses the same quality being displayed on IM1 and IM2!

Saw this today...........loved it, thought it was just as good as the first. Jo was sexy as always, yeah, theres things that could always be better in a movie, but I think some ppl look too much into that. Overall, RDJ is the perfect guy to play Stark, its not even funny how well he fits the character; hes hilarious, and the technology in these movies always looks spectacular. I give this movie a A-

Only problem with the movie is..........I need collectibles from it :(

When IM and WM did their combo attack at the end....I thought I heard a big squishing sound after the intial explosion sound........I thought WL splattered! :lol

But it was kinda cool that WL went and did a Predator....it's a shame he didn't laugh like Predator though......

IM could've yelled at WM "Get Tu Da Choppa!"

Last edited:
Saw this today...........loved it, thought it was just as good as the first. Jo was sexy as always, yeah, theres things that could always be better in a movie, but I think some ppl look too much into that. Overall, RDJ is the perfect guy to play Stark, its not even funny how well he fits the character; hes hilarious, and the technology in these movies always looks spectacular. I give this movie a A-

Only problem with the movie is..........I need collectibles from it :(

Dang.....I agree with everything you just said.

Jo was indeed a bad ass but there was one scene....the one where Fury is talking to Stark at his house that she comes out in full daylight in her BW outfit that I thought she looked a little chunky around the hips.

Minor complaint mind you :lol

My wife looks like Jo playing BW :lol

RDJ IS STARK...best real life actor attached to a Marvel character, period!

I'm trying to stick to figures under $25.00!

Hot Toys needs not exist....I will lose my house and marriage!

Sorry, might came out wrong. IM1 was awesome, Incredible Hulk was Awesome, IM2 a bit of a let down and I felt it did not added to the momentum that the previous release started. So what I meant was that I hope Thor picks up the momentum again that will lead up to the Avengers.

I don't think that IM1 and IM2 have derailed anything that it needs to get back on track.

Incredible Hulk was good enough but IM1 and IM2 were simply awesome!

I feel the opposite....I hope Cap, Thor and Avengers possesses the same quality being displayed on IM1 and IM2!

Sorry, might came out wrong. IM1 was awesome, Incredible Hulk was Awesome, IM2 a bit of a let down and I felt it did not added to the momentum that the previous release started. So what I meant was that I hope Thor picks up the momentum again that will lead up to the Avengers.

Fair enough....no need for an apology :wave

I enjoyed IM2 more than The Incredible Hulk though.

Dang.....I agree with everything you just said.

Jo was indeed a bad ass but there was one scene....the one where Fury is talking to Stark at his house that she comes out in full daylight in her BW outfit that I thought she looked a little chunky around the hips.

Minor complaint mind you :lol

My wife looks like Jo playing BW :lol

RDJ IS STARK...best real life actor attached to a Marvel character, period!

I'm trying to stick to figures under $25.00!

Hot Toys needs not exist....I will lose my house and marriage!

well my biggest problem is its a SS piece or nothing when it comes to IM :slap

One positive was when the end credits rolled. Apart from RDJ's and Rockwells performances I really didn't like much. Story wasn't interesting, there were too many Transformers style moments, the pacing was all over the place and everything just seemed to convenient. Most people agree it's not as good as one but I think it's actually one of the weaker marvel movies. Not as bad as ghostrider or daredevil but certainly not what I was hoping for. I pretty much forgot about it when I left the cinema. I saw the first movie 4 times at the cinema and about another 3 at home. One of my favourite movies that I own. I think the worst thing about the movie was Cheadle. He looked ridiculous in the suit and he had no chemistry with RDJ. Howard was much better suited for the role IMO. I realise people won't agree but to me this was a failure of a sequel. What gets me is people didn't like avatar because it had a weak story (which I do agree with) but the story here was so dull, I can't believe they couldn't have come up with a better one.

Back