Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Mark II (Armor Unleashed Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude you don't know how many times I have tried to impart to people just how expensive injection molds are. Just one mold can cost tens of thousands of dollars depending on it's size and complexity. Like you say, something like the full mold set for an Iron Man figure is very very very expensive. It's super nice to hear someone else saying it. I think the vast majority of people have no clue what manufacturing like this entails. I only have the most cursory of understanding but nothing about what little I know says it's cheap or easy.

I was just pondering if they ever got as far as molds on the Stealth Mark III. If they did, well I would say a new Mark III is all but assured because of the mold costs… if they didn't… like you say it's very unlikely unfortunately.

Dude you don't know how many times I have tried to impart to people just how expensive injection molds are. Just one mold can cost tens of thousands of dollars depending on it's size and complexity. Like you say, something like the full mold set for an Iron Man figure is very very very expensive. It's super nice to hear someone else saying it. I think the vast majority of people have no clue what manufacturing like this entails. I only have the most cursory of understanding but nothing about what little I know says it's cheap or easy.

I was just pondering if they ever got as far as molds on the Stealth Mark III. If they did, well I would say a new Mark III is all but assured because of the mold costs… if they didn't… like you say it's very unlikely unfortunately.

Well it will come- maybe not for a year or more but it should come...unless IM mania fizzles out after IM III and Avengers II(doubt it)

I would guess that as well but Iron Man 3 is just around the corner… so maybe after Iron Man 3 and before Avengers 2? Maybe? I'm not giving up hope but it seems less and less likely all the time.

I know all about the cost of this stuff. They used to do this kind of thing behind the office I was in.

I think we are going to see a Mark3 2.0 before what your talking about.

I'd love for them to even re-engineer it further. The Mark II AU is great but it still re-uses some aspects of the Mark II BD (basically just the forearms) which I would like to see fully re-done. It would also be nice to get torso articulation although to be honest I don't really miss it on the AU.

I'd love for them to even re-engineer it further. The Mark II AU is great but it still re-uses some aspects of the Mark II BD (basically just the forearms) which I would like to see fully re-done. It would also be nice to get torso articulation although to be honest I don't really miss it on the AU.

There was a Mark 2 BD? Huh? From IM2?

I just received my first HT today!! :panic:

20121016_184220.jpg

Lol, thanks guys. The sickness is very contagious. Just picked up Odin today, received Mark IV with gantry, pre ordered Mark VII and Hawkeye. :panic:my wallet is not so happy :(

I remember starting this thread and then keeping away so as I wouldn't get tempted. A year and a half later, I'm giving in :lol So who wants to sell me theirs before I check the usual spots?

Back