Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Mark II (Armor Unleashed Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love this figure. My brother got it for me for my birthday. Can't believe it's not selling for a lot more than it's going for.
photo1-38.jpg

photo2-38.jpg

It's so goddamn pretty. It's imo the best of the Iron Man figures, at least until the Mark 7 or a new Mark III (fingers crossed) comes out.

It's so goddamn pretty. It's imo the best of the Iron Man figures, at least until the Mark 7 or a new Mark III (fingers crossed) comes out.

For me the fading issues really kill the appeal of the red & gold ones so although my overall favorite in the movies is the Mark VII my favorite HT recreation of Iron Man is the Mark II AU.

Arrived today, Vip edition, brand new. Great figure indeed, thinking about re-selling it and buy a used normal one 'cause sadly I don't have a Tony Stark figure to put the holo-thing on, meh.

traded this guy for a tracker predator. it's a nice figure, but the minute i held this one, didn't have the wow factor really compared to the Mark suits I already have. nice but i guess i can do away without him since i already have the secret project and mark VI

Now back to this...
with Iron Monger almost upon us WHY WHY WHY doesn't HT just do a repaint of this, stick a Stark sculpt in here and IM MK III 2.0??????

Now back to this...
with Iron Monger almost upon us WHY WHY WHY doesn't HT just do a repaint of this, stick a Stark sculpt in here and IM MK III 2.0??????

It'll happen. It may annoy some people, but Hot Toys would be crazy not to do a MK III 2.0 (or would it be 3.0 considering the BD version?) at this stage.

It'll happen. It may annoy some people, but Hot Toys would be crazy not to do a MK III 2.0 (or would it be 3.0 considering the BD version?) at this stage.

Yep...and I must be crazy asking for one in the next six months with all the stuff I have to pay for...Thanks Chris Nolan..........:rotfl

Yep...and I must be crazy asking for one in the next six months with all the stuff I have to pay for...Thanks Chris Nolan..........:rotfl

I know! If they announced it I'd preorder right away since I really like the MK III design; then I'd need a new HT armor asap to hold me over - probably the MK II. At that stage I'd figure why not get the MK I too, since I have the VII and III on preorder? Then I'd spend a crazy amount of money on the MK IV just to complete the armor collection.

Disastrous chain of events.

As opportunistic as Hot Toys is I wouldn’t doubt they’d do a repaint of the Ironman MK II 2.0 as a MK III (2.0). In fact I’m wondering why they haven’t done it already.

Now back to this...

Maybe because the MKII is covered in rivet holes and, as such, is a totally different mould from the MKIII.
Unfortunately, even though some people think they look alike, the MKIII wasn't so festooned with rivets, and to turn the MKII mould into the MKIII would actually require totally new moulds...

They at least prototyped it without rivets though. I don't know if it ever made it to mold making but there's the Stealth MKIII which I think was cancelled. It uses similar molds as the Mark II AU but without the rivets.

I forgot about the prototype Stealth suit that was supposed to come with the book. :( Still, I would've thought that a new MkIII would've been in the works by now. The old MkIII just don't look right standing next to the newer figures.

I think they just have too much high profile stuff on their plate right now.

I forgot about the prototype Stealth suit that was supposed to come with the book. :( Still, I would've thought that a new MkIII would've been in the works by now. The old MkIII just don't look right standing next to the newer figures.

the old mark III looks good along with the new mark II.

dsc01057r.jpg

They at least prototyped it without rivets though. I don't know if it ever made it to mold making but there's the Stealth MKIII which I think was cancelled. It uses similar molds as the Mark II AU but without the rivets.

I know what you are saying, but with so many more future figures to look at, and NO reason to revist the MKIII(The MKII AU was in the IM2 movie at least), it's never going to happen.
I have shown a picture before of what a relatively simple model kit mould looks like, and i'd guess a HT figure uses close to three or four times the mould size of a little model kit, and if you saw those pics, you'd realise the trouble they'd have retooling one, or even hooking them up to an IM machine again.
These things will be used till they die and the cost for a new set of moulds will be more than $1 million. And that's a simple mould. We all know these things are like works of art, made to fit together precisely like a swiss watch.
I doubt a new MKIII is in the works. But i could totally be wrong.

Back