IrishJedi.... HD Nut

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
Okay, so I jumped on that HD-DVD Toshiba deal on Amazon a week or so back with many of you. I also used a Gift Card to order a PS3, so I'll soon have a Blu-Ray player as well. :rock

So, including all of the freebie discs (16 total!) and some impulse buys I already have or have pre-ordered the following HD titles:

HEROES: Season One [HD-DVD]
BATMAN BEGINS [HD-DVD]
300 [HD-DVD]
THE FOUNTAIN [HD-DVD]
TMNT [HD-DVD]
V FOR VENDETTA [HD-DVD]
CASABLANCA [HD-DVD]
APOLLO 13 [HD-DVD]
SKY CAPTAIN AND THE WORLD OF TOMORROW [HD-DVD]
U2: RATTLE AND HUM [HD-DVD]
WE WERE SOLDIERS [HD-DVD]
POTC: CURSE OF THE BLACK PEARL [Blu-Ray]
POTC: DEAD MAN'S CHEST [Blu-Ray]
THE DEPARTED [Blu-Ray]
PEARL HARBOR [Blu-Ray]
CORPSE BRIDE [Blu-Ray]
UNDERWORLD: EVOLUTION [Blu-Ray]
BLACK RAIN [Blu-Ray]
SPECIES [Blu-Ray]

ON PRE-ORDER:

TROY (Director's Cut) [HD-DVD]
THE LAST STARFIGHTER [HD-DVD]
WYATT EARP [HD-DVD]
UNDERWORLD (Unrated) [Blu-Ray]
BRAM STOKER'S DRACULA [Blu-Ray]
TWILIGHT ZONE: THE MOVIE [HD-DVD]
HALLOWEEN [Blu-Ray]
MASTER AND COMMANDER [Blu-Ray]
ROBOCOP [Blu-Ray]
SPIDER-MAN TRILOGY [Blu-Ray]
TRANSFORMERS [HD-DVD]
PIXAR SHORT FILMS COLLECTION [Blu-Ray]
CLOSE ENCOUNTERS: 30th ANNIVERSARY [Blu-Ray]
POTC: AT WORLD'S END [Blu-Ray]
BLADE RUNNER ULTIMATE COLLECTION [HD-DVD]

Yikes! I'm addicted already! :google

And I counted... that's 17 HD-DVD titles and 15 Blu-Ray. Nice balance. ;)

what's the 411 with Underworld unrated version?

what's the 411 with Underworld unrated version?

I have the DVD version. As I recall, it's about 8-12 minutes longer with some more action/gore. No nude Beckinsale, though. :monkey2

Still, I dig those flicks. They're fun guilty pleasures.

I have many of those and they look great. Once you get used to watching stuff in high def, standard DVDs just look so soft and dull.

Don't forget that Harry Potter is coming out December 10th to both formats.

I'd really get more titles (still waiting for my mail in titles from the Xbox 360 player rebate) but I don't have that much money. Really the only title I'm buying anytime soon is Transformers.

^^right on. the only movies i plan on buying in the immediate future are the spiderman trilogy, POTC, possibly Heroes season 1, and maybe blades of glory.
~~im hoping for the harry potter set as a present for x-mas.

Welcome to HD. I have about 20 Blu-Ray discs now...and I also got in on the Amazon deal.

I have 4 HD DVD's with my 5 other freebies on the way....

Don't forget that Harry Potter is coming out December 10th to both formats.

I'd really get more titles (still waiting for my mail in titles from the Xbox 360 player rebate) but I don't have that much money. Really the only title I'm buying anytime soon is Transformers.

:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana

Okay, so I jumped on that HD-DVD Toshiba deal on Amazon a week or so back with many of you. I also used a Gift Card to order a PS3, so I'll soon have a Blu-Ray player as well. :rock

So, including all of the freebie discs (16 total!) and some impulse buys I already have or have pre-ordered the following HD titles:

HEROES: Season One [HD-DVD]
BATMAN BEGINS [HD-DVD]
300 [HD-DVD]
THE FOUNTAIN [HD-DVD]
TMNT [HD-DVD]
V FOR VENDETTA [HD-DVD]
CASABLANCA [HD-DVD]
APOLLO 13 [HD-DVD]
SKY CAPTAIN AND THE WORLD OF TOMORROW [HD-DVD]
U2: RATTLE AND HUM [HD-DVD]
WE WERE SOLDIERS [HD-DVD]
POTC: CURSE OF THE BLACK PEARL [Blu-Ray]
POTC: DEAD MAN'S CHEST [Blu-Ray]
THE DEPARTED [Blu-Ray]
PEARL HARBOR [Blu-Ray]
CORPSE BRIDE [Blu-Ray]
UNDERWORLD: EVOLUTION [Blu-Ray]
BLACK RAIN [Blu-Ray]
SPECIES [Blu-Ray]

ON PRE-ORDER:

TROY (Director's Cut) [HD-DVD]
THE LAST STARFIGHTER [HD-DVD]
WYATT EARP [HD-DVD]
UNDERWORLD (Unrated) [Blu-Ray]
BRAM STOKER'S DRACULA [Blu-Ray]
TWILIGHT ZONE: THE MOVIE [HD-DVD]
HALLOWEEN [Blu-Ray]
MASTER AND COMMANDER [Blu-Ray]
ROBOCOP [Blu-Ray]
SPIDER-MAN TRILOGY [Blu-Ray]
TRANSFORMERS [HD-DVD]
PIXAR SHORT FILMS COLLECTION [Blu-Ray]
CLOSE ENCOUNTERS: 30th ANNIVERSARY [Blu-Ray]
POTC: AT WORLD'S END [Blu-Ray]
BLADE RUNNER ULTIMATE COLLECTION [HD-DVD]

Yikes! I'm addicted already! :google

And I counted... that's 17 HD-DVD titles and 15 Blu-Ray. Nice balance. ;)

I'm guessing from this that your financial situation with the US Government has been remedied?:rotfl Congrats.:D

Oh yeah. Well, it was a situation where I had to come up with a couple thousand dollars in like 3 days. It was completely unexpected, so I was freaking out. I ended up selling lots of stuff just in time, though. I'm still catching up a bit but the crisis has been averted for now.

Oh yeah. Well, it was a situation where I had to come up with a couple thousand dollars in like 3 days. It was completely unexpected, so I was freaking out. I ended up selling lots of stuff just in time, though. I'm still catching up a bit but the crisis has been averted for now.

I'm glad to hear it.
I'm still not sure which way to go-- Blu-Ray or HD.... It'll mean a total revamp of my collection either way...Of course in the end it's for the better but I think I'll way until my home theatre situation is in place and then the prices might be much more manageable for the complete overhaul.

Awesome movie list.:rock: You've got some great taste in movies there. Just pull up your favorite beverage, snacks, take a seat in your lazy boy, and let the THX blow you back.:cool:

great list... i just picked up hot fuzz on HD DVD for $7 after trading in a couple movies. i recommend trying moviestop for getting deals on movies. they always have buy 3 get 1 free on ALL used movies in the store. you can mix and match too. i plan on picking up a couple blu ray movies once i get PS3 in a couple weeks.

Ugh. I have over a hundred DVD's in my library right now, and I don't even want to think about trading/selling all of them just to invest money in another format. I'm sure I would be converted if I did see something in HD, but I just don't have the strength to go through all that trouble.

Ugh. I have over a hundred DVD's in my library right now, and I don't even want to think about trading/selling all of them just to invest money in another format. I'm sure I would be converted if I did see something in HD, but I just don't have the strength to go through all that trouble.

I have over 2,000 DVDs. No, I won't be replacing ALL of them in HD (thankfully, I'll live with backwards-compatibility and upscaling for most of them) but key ones I will. And I'm going to start buying new releases in HD, going forward.

DarkKnight2k4, since the ex-wife commandeered my 65" Hitachi (not that I'd have room for it right now anyway) I'm going with a 32" 1080p LCD with 1500:1 Contrast Ratio. Works just fine. :rock

Nice IJ. What kind of receiver ?

I am running a front projection .... but I have to upgrade my receiver...

I am not replacing every single DVD as I have more than I remember... But as they are released, if the upgrade is a good one and the movie a fave, I will jump on it.

I think I have already purchased over 50 BD/HD-DVDs since X-mas... But I can't stop... lol.

I only have 17 DVD's, and then 4 HD-DVD's (but two of them I have on regular DVD too, Serenity and King Kong) but I'm waiting for my 5 free HD-DVD's, then there's Transformers next month and Pirates of the Caribbean in December

Back