Indy Legendary Scale? Probably not anymore.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Indy Legendary Scale? Looks like it!

I think the pose they were going for was this:

r13.jpg

And yeah, those eyes look terrible. But could it be the paintjob? Maybe if the inside lips of the eyelids were painted pink and add the eyelashes (at least painted on) it might make the whites of the eyes look a little smaller.

Lsf indy fail. Pass po. Save money. Po doom lsf. Yes!, still happy.

I could be wrong, but this looks like he has glass eyes (shadow of the upper eyelid, edges being super clean)... doesn't look like paint to me. Which could explain why they'd be so huge if someone inserted them in an already painted head.

IMG_5938.JPG

Maybe they were painting the eyes in a truck on the way over to Comic Con.

Yeah looks like glass eyes, why have they even put this on display? its just put hundreds of people off it. The pose is lame, the PF Indys are loads better with there head sculpts. Those eyes are ridiculous, Indy should have a mean look in his eyes like Clint Eastwood, this make him look soft and scared.

I think he just stepped out of the Bantu Wind after being with Marian by that just relieved look ....LOL! Also one eye is bigger than the other, and makes him look a googly eyed.

If this is it, PASS!

Like any of us are going to pay 2k for this. lol oops...2.5k likely for this one.

I could be wrong, but this looks like he has glass eyes (shadow of the upper eyelid, edges being super clean)... doesn't look like paint to me. Which could explain why they'd be so huge if someone inserted them in an already painted head.

IMG_5938.JPG

PERS... 3X the scale, 3X the problems...

Well, the pose isn't going anywhere so if you dont like that, you're SOL, but the eyes can still be fixed I think. Cover the eyes with your hands and there's real potential in this sculpt...just need to fix those eyes.

I think the pose they were going for was this:

r13.jpg

And yeah, those eyes look terrible. But could it be the paintjob? Maybe if the inside lips of the eyelids were painted pink and add the eyelashes (at least painted on) it might make the whites of the eyes look a little smaller.

Yes thats the pose I was thinking of when I first saw it.

Personally I don't mind the pose.

The pose I can live with as it is Indy about to unleash the whip.

love the sculpt and pose..just those bug eyes :slap

if it's glass eyes, cool I appreciate the realism they're going for put they might want to get a set with a smaller iris

Last edited:

What a fantastic rendition of Harrison Fords iconic pose in the movie Raiders of the Lost Ark. This incredible statue depicts every fine last detail from his trusty hat, his whip and of course those huge dreamy eyes! :horror :horror :horror

MEGA FAIL!!!!!!!:horse:horse

I'm wondering if it's the size of the irises or how wide he's got his eyes open in the sculpt. Or a combination of the two.

Because the eye on the left (his right) looks okay to me. It's the other one that looks huge ... but if you measure them, the irises are actually exactly the same size. But they don't look it because of how wide he's got his eyes open. That opening is different from eye to eye. (The one on the right (his left) is open ever so slightly wider.) And the result is a kind of a bizarre optical illusion. It's probably the difference of a few millimeters but it's really jarring.

I wonder what they could do to fix it? Resculpt the opening of that one eye? Use two different sized irises?

Well, I guess that means it's time to unleash the photoshop, boys!

So has it been confirmed if this was pulled from the floor? If so, what a major f-up on their part. I would be embarrassed to display this piece.

Why is it that a company can't get Indy right?

And where is the Indy on horse statue? Did that get shelved?

I will check again in about an hour but it wasn't there last night.

No Indy on a horse either.

Indy on the horse I was thinking was going to be a maquette or PF from Last Crusade. I hope it hasn't been cancelled. Any Sideshow reps there you could ask?

I wouldnt goes as far as saying no company has made a decent Indiana Jones sculpt. In all fairness Sideshow have done a wonderful job with both their PF's....both the ROTLA and TOD statues are some of favoueite pieces - thankfully without those dreamy big eyes! :yess:

Maybe it was just a bad day at the office? Or someone has been on the guinness!!! :drink:drink:drink

WOW, just catching up on this one. I'll forgive the eyes and some of the other 'features' as they seem a bit rushed to get this guy up at SDCC.

Not sure I'm sold on the pose, it's just not quite 'dynamic' enough, nor is it 'heroic' enough in the way that the ROTLA PF has that quiet confidence, leaning back in a nice straight pose with sneer holding the idol. Also, some of the materials don't look $2,000 enough to me. The jacket doesn't look like it's any different than the material used for the KOTCS PF. No wrinkles and rubs and wear. Hopefully there's a lot of 'tweaking' to do, but when I look at this and then look at my ROTLA PF custom, this is nowhere near that level...and will cost 4 X what I put into the custom. :dunno

IMG_5938.JPG

At least that don't follow you around like that Jesus picture at my grandmaw's did growing up.....

i was there last night and didnt see indy. i thought there was an image of them setting him up? anyone know if he is there today?

Back