Indy Legendary Scale? Probably not anymore.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Indy Legendary Scale? Looks like it!

The eyes look ok from this angle....
xbwi2t.png

:monkey3

Last edited:

Bad pose and eyes. What happened to the cool translucent paint? That looked so real on Obi. Disappointing this is.

Simple answer, not to sound arrogant, but I painted Obi Wan. Somebody else painted this. Nobody has been able to replicate my technique.

Last edited:

I am with you 100% on this one Jaws! Let's hope the face paint job is not final because it's not good and the eyes are really off!

Is that the factory paint work on the Temple Indy? Looks awesome on that one!

Simple answer, not to sound arrogant, but I painted Obi Wan. Somebody else painted this. And where is Obi Wan? I'm guessing the factory could not duplicate it properly, and that's likely why he hasn't even gone up for pre-order in over a year, and he isn't even at this show as far as I can tell from the pics I've seen.

Wow you painted Obi Wan? Great job! :rock

I'm really disappointed with this one. I dont think I'll ever get a classic Raiders Indy that looks right. The eyes...MY eyes!!!!

This looks so bad! Is Sideshow serious? :lol :lol :lol

Wow you painted Obi Wan? Great job! :rock

Yessir. Thank you.

Umm where was this? I did not see it on display, did they take it down?

Are you at the show? If you didn't see it, I wonder if they saw all the bad internet reaction and decided to hide it.

Simple answer, not to sound arrogant, but I painted Obi Wan. Somebody else painted this. And where is Obi Wan? I'm guessing the factory could not duplicate it properly, and that's likely why he hasn't even gone up for pre-order in over a year, and he isn't even at this show as far as I can tell from the pics I've seen.

He is there this year looking sexy as hell. Probably not a lot of photos because he was there last year.

I for one am a bit relieved that I can save 2k on this. Even if the paint is fixed this piece feels very dull and dead to me. I really thought they were going for the overhead whip pose from the poster based on initial leaks. Head scratcher why they bothered really. Indy has always been a slower seller, Mola Ram ex PF still in stock and that piece is awesome. The curse of Harrison Ford lives on...

Yessir. Thank you.

Are you at the show? If you didn't see it, I wonder if they saw all the bad internet reaction and decided to hide it.

Yep I am at the show. I got to SSC probably around 6:45ish and I did not see it there. I did a quick run through and then probably got back there around 8 and it was definitely not there.

Pretty sad that SSC sort of abandoned poor Indy for a couple of years and then this is what shows up. It just seems a little half hearted.

I agree that if you're going to do an Indy in this scale, why wouldn't you go with either the ROTLA or TOD posters looks or the classic poses - something iconic or at least dynamic.

I cant believe this, was looking farward to this the most. The twisted pose is bad, the eyes are not Indys, they are terrible, Indy as cold ready for action eyes in Raiders not like this. The Cinemaquette pose is better then this. Off all the things they could have messed up they do this. :mad:

The first picture they released with his head and boot looked spot on.

OMG! Are you serious?! Jeepers Creepers, where d'ya get those peepers, where d'ya get them eyes!

This is a real let down Sideshow, this will need to be re-thought as i doubt many will purchase this with such a inaccurate upper face resemblence to Harrison Ford :gah:

Awful, AWFUL paint apps. Man, if Hot Toys can make a 1/6 scale head look real, why the hell can't these people get a 1/2 scale looking good? SO disappointing.

Cool Toy Review closeups of paint-apps. What big eyes you have!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Cool Toy Review closeups of paint-apps. What big eyes you have!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

That is terrible, cant believe how bad this is. For a $2000 piece too? The PF Raiders is loads better. Very disapionted thought this was going to be awesome.

Back