Indy Legendary Scale? Probably not anymore.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Indy Legendary Scale? Looks like it!

Not nearly good enough. For this pricepoint and scale, it should be exceptional. Why a vinyl jacket and not leather? Why not real boots? Is the whip sculpted again?

For a fleeting moment during the build up to this, I actually contemplated selling all my collection for this. It appears that won't be neccessary.

FAIL. Honestly, this was the ONLY piece in this scale that would have had me filing for divorce and taking out another loan to get. And between Sideshow's constant weird distorted poses (I mean who the hell thinks these up?--there's only a 1000 different poses from the films to pick up and use) and bad paint apps (over what looks like a great portrait sculpt) I am left wondering what the hell I am looking at...

Cool Toy Review closeups of paint-apps. What big eyes you have!

IMG_5938.JPG

I've inserted a better resolution pic to see this a little closer. Still, it's almost like full size eyeballs in a 1/2 scale head. They're maybe 20% too big.

Last edited:

The lack of eyelashes at this scale is also very strange, like he sliced his eyelids off.

I'm thinking this one was really rushed to get on display there. Obviously they want a great representation on display but they cut corners to get something there and that's why they are gluing stuff there at the place. I really hope this was just a rush job...

Indy Legendary FAIL would be a more appropriate name for this.
The close-up pics make the paint apps look pretty good but my god - how did they let the eyes get inserted at that size! Looks like they're acryclic eyes inserted rather than painted which is good for realism but they should have done some sizing tests before popping those monstrous eyeballs in!

Who's the loser who painted those eyes...This guy's just cause Sideshow a lot of sales...Talk about scrapping a 2k statue.

bugeyes.jpg

So has it been confirmed if this was pulled from the floor? If so, what a major f-up on their part. I would be embarrassed to display this piece.

Why is it that a company can't get Indy right?

And where is the Indy on horse statue? Did that get shelved?

No-one with half a brain is going to pay 2 grand for this F___ up. What a complete waste.

This is embarrassing for Sideshow. But at least they are being honest. Likely the production version will have worse issues. lol

Seriously, not even just the eyes.

Look at the pose, actually stand up and put yourself in that position for a minute.

It is the most uncomfortable, unnatural, awkward pose you could go with. Who ever sculpted this body needs to spend more time looking at human skeletons and bodies, or better yet, a picture of Harrison Ford. Not a single positive comment in this thread, it's truely embarassing.

SS must really hate Indy fans.

Seriously, not even just the eyes.

Look at the pose, actually stand up and put yourself in that position for a minute.

It is the most uncomfortable, unnatural, awkward pose you could go with. Who ever sculpted this body needs to spend more time looking at human skeletons and bodies, or better yet, a picture of Harrison Ford. Not a single positive comment in this thread, it's truely embarassing.

SS must really hate Indy fans.

Yeah what is it with SSC and their poses in general. Like any human could pull off those awkward poses. There's so many iconic ones for all their characters and they TRY to get creative and end up having some of the worst poses I've seen. I had the movie Cap PF and was actually glad the piece had damage and I could return. It is an absurd pose.

Who in their right mind would give that the "OK"? Hopefully some changes will be made. I was looking forward to having an iconic Indy in this scale, but if it turns out like this, I'm going to pass.

Back