Independence Day sequels

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just can't get excited for this, and I love the first film! This one is just too cgi heavy, it looks clean and fake unlike the first which had a gritty charm.

Well, I didn't expect to get this excited, it's a total blockbuster just like the fist one, even with those corny ass lines, "They like to get the landmarks" :lol love it.

The only thing I'm not sure about was that kaiju thing, but everything else, I'm on board, should be an interesting exploration of what happens when we survive the first alien invasion, and then the return of the invaders that is always hinted at, happens.

I just can't get excited for this, and I love the first film! This one is just too cgi heavy, it looks clean and fake unlike the first which had a gritty charm.

That would be my feeling aswell, the massive escalation - it inevitably makes the whole thing seem that much more videogamey. I might feel less investment in watching sci-fi earth ships battling sci-fi alien ships and watching buildings that don't exist being destroyed. Nevertheless I will probably go to see this.

Man, when even the fans of the original turn against this, you know you have a problem. ID4 wasn't exactly Citizen Kane. Shouldn't be hard to ape it just like they did Jurassic Park (or Star Wars :monkey3 ), and please the audience.

it looks like a lot of fun and looks really interesting, it gave me a lot of questions

I wouldn't compare ID4 to JP, JP was original, it had layers and themes.

ID4 was just a variation of War of the Worlds, a very cool one at that, but not nearly as deep as JP.

ID4 might be one of the most entertaining alien invasion movies ever made. as well as one to show an invasion on such a massive scale.

even the 2005 war of the worlds movie itself was not as good in scale or visuals.... it was not as entertaining and exciting as ID4.

hate it all you want but the invasion stuff itself was amazing. the alien design was great too, the ships were great

ID4 was great right up until the first attack was over... after that it's horse ****.

Looks like Bill Pullman dropped his Eastwood impression for this one.

ID4 might be one of the most entertaining alien invasion movies ever made. as well as one to show an invasion on such a massive scale.

even the 2005 war of the worlds movie itself was not as good in scale or visuals.... it was not as entertaining and exciting as ID4.

hate it all you want but the invasion stuff itself was amazing. the alien design was great too, the ships were great

Not hating at all, I love ID4 big time.

Everything about it is great, and I love the alien and ship designs.

I wonder if that big thing we saw in the trailer is another bio mechanical vehicle.

Not hating at all, I love ID4 big time.

Everything about it is great, and I love the alien and ship designs.

I wonder if that big thing we saw in the trailer is another bio mechanical vehicle.

i meant hate in general. the movie is badly hated by everyone

(I dont even like or even respect the hack director, but I have such a big place in my heart for this movie. I was really into alien and ufos when I was little and this came and blew my mind away)

Back