InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol.
Keep using the term “doll hair” if you want. Whether you believe it or not, most non-collectors will view the sculpted hair “figures” in your collection as “dolls”, anyway. Drawing the line at rooted hair won’t make your collectibles more acceptable to the masses.
Who cares what the masses think? I don't like the doll hair look. Just from reading the comments the doll hair lovers for the most part don't care about the looks either. They prefer the extra articulation it offers and some of them love putting hair products in the doll hair and styling it.

Who cares what the masses think? I don't like the doll hair look. Just from reading the comments the doll hair lovers for the most part don't care about the looks either. They prefer the extra articulation it offers and some of them love putting hair products in the doll hair and styling it.
Articulation is a benefit for sure, but for me it’s mostly for screen accuracy that I prefer rooted over sculpted.

Surely Malgus would agree that realistic looking hair would be a benefit for any long-haired figure, but the problem is so often it just doesn't look good. But I get that he just doesn't want the hassle of "real hair" in case it gets messed up by a figure fall or in packing.

If Queen's Joker comes out actually looking like their proto, then I think most people would be hard pressed to say the sculpted hair still looked better.

They said on Facebook that this will be doll hair only. What a disappointment. Not a smart business move to not offer a sculpted hair version. That would cause me to skip the entire line.
No one wants this sculpted. I don’t even like rooted and i know this needs to be rooted.

Rooted hair looks like ****.
If it's poorly done and/or collectors don't wanna futz with it, if needed, yeah. But IMO most 1/6 figures are gonna need work, sooner or later. Glue dries up and needs regluing, a part breaks, something peels, you need to repose or fix a wrist peg, change batteries, remove batteries, change a head sculpt, replace tiny button studs, change displays, stands, lighting. Working with hair - or nylon/polyester fiber IMO is no different it's just more 1/6 detail work.

I've seen some decent plastic hair, but most of the time longer hair characters it's a pain in the *&^.
Can barely move the head on my Thor, and it catches in the cloak. I've already skipped on HTs 'coz IMO Scarlet Witch didn't need plastic hair.

Rooted hair looks like ****.
Eh I'd say Hot Toy's cheap plastic shiny Barbie hair looks like ****. Same for the crap that Asmus used on the Legolas sculpt. Good ol cheap plastic Barbie hair.

ZbuVvmT.png
2Xx98nn.png
ruDLgDA.png

Actual lamb/wool/goat rooted hair that custom figures and INART uses looks good. I can't imagine a Gandalf figure with sculpted hair.

qgyGVx3.png
4LGlCEm.png

ceHVL3Y.png
SthQZzO.png

From what I can see that looks great! I wonder if all that hair will make the price significantly more than their Joker.

I'm really excited to see what they do with Aragorn. I can definitely see this being within the $500+ range. Way more complex than Jokers rooted hair.

Back