InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since HT is already to $300 a pop... I don't feel going to $400+ is a massive leap with rooted hair and a few other new tricks (rolling eyes, seamless wrists, magnetic feet, etc)... and of course enough extras. Going to $500 or more, then that starts to hit my edge. That number should only be for Grail figures that mean a lot to me.

But you know how it goes... the more times you pluck down $500, the easier it becomes.

this is making me think twice on getting that crown Gandalf head to upgrade my V1 from asmus. If this continues crown series is dead before it can even take off.

Think how Asmus feels. It definitely will affect their decision making going forward, depending the price on this. I mean, if its $500+, then Asmus is in a whole different market. But if Queen can keep it around $350-$400 (which I doubt) then it will hurt (or end) Asmus' Crown plan.

But you know how it goes... the more times you pluck down $500, the easier it becomes.
That's the thing. We all grouch at the price early on, but if we want to stay in the hobby or want the character enough, we'll eventually find a way to make it happen and get used to the new pricing, unfortunately. Though, pretty soon, the days of collecting multiple figures from multiple lines is going to end. I'm sure it's already happened to some, myself included. I think a lot longer and harder now whenever a new figure gets revealed.

Last edited:
Since HT is already to $300 a pop... I don't feel going to $400+ is a massive leap with rooted hair and a few other new tricks (rolling eyes, seamless wrists, magnetic feet, etc)... and of course enough extras. Going to $500 or more, then that starts to hit my edge. That number should only be for Grail figures that mean a lot to me.

That’s true! Also have to factor in taxes and shipping so more like $600. 😐

Yep. But maybe same money, fewer figures is a good thing. Space-wise.

Fewer figures is always a good thing. Quantity is never better than Quality (unless its money itself).
This is how I feel more and more when you have 75% of your collections in storage or rotating. I know ultimately I would be happier with definitive versions of my favorite characters rather than variants or multiple different franchises. Collecting lego, black series and SHF, HT, Asmus and McFarlane 40k, JoyToy 40k and some random stuff is getting to be an exercise in sanity, logistics and prioritization.

Yep. But maybe same money, fewer figures is a good thing. Space-wise.

Fewer figures is always a good thing. Quantity is never better than Quality (unless its money itself).
100% true. Less crowded shelves always look nicer as well. Letting your figures breath a bit. I've seen some collections on instagram where these guys have some of the really, really high end custom figures packed so tightly on these small shelves, literally shoulder to shoulder, no space for any sort of pose other then arms straight down. I can't help but think every time I see this that maybe they should skip out on one of those $1k+ figures and buy some more display space :lol

278689018_4967551713338877_3932087383181686176_n.jpg

First Image of Gandalf by InArt just posted on Facebook

I do not typically post in the LOTR/H sub-forum, but wow, this Gandalf is shaping to look astounding!

I don't think you have to wonder, that head will cost a lot to produce en masse. One rooted Joker was $500, I can see this hitting the $600+ territory people were originally thinking with the company. For the Joker they could get people to buy into a two pack with diorama to get the nice heads. No idea what they're going to do with this; I wonder if they'll even offer a sculpted option.
It’s not $500 per Joker when you factor in the diorama with real wood and metal though.

This will be a hard sell at $500, never mind 500+.

All things being equal... Ledger Joker would have to be an easier sell than Gandalf no? If it's a two-pack it's hard to see many LOTR nerds dropping a grand on two greys.

Back