InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered Gandalf with Kit.

With the video of them spraying hair spray with his face exposed, is this actually how they do it? Will it not damage the sculpt? Surely the hairspray will settle and leave a layer on the face? Is it watered down hair spray?

Ordered Gandalf with Kit.

With the video of them spraying hair spray with his face exposed, is this actually how they do it? Will it not damage the sculpt? Surely the hairspray will settle and leave a layer on the face? Is it watered down hair spray?
It was most likely just water. That's all you need to seperate strands and style the hair for imminent photos.

Im also in the boat with a PO for Gandalf and an Asmus Crown GtG sitting on display atm. It may be possible to offload him later, but doubtfully for near the price I got him - EUR350 with the new hat shipping to a total of EUR380. If not possible, I will just end up with two Gandalfs with the Asmus one going to the wifey to do as she pleases.

Do you remember v1 Gandalf? Just found him in my box with a bad rooting attempt (unfinished) I think it was my first before throwing him back in the box and waiting for Asmus v2 head. xD

I think I could remove the hair and try it again with a few years experience in. But not sure...
gandalf style.jpg

Yes, the eyes are the key difference between the two, followed by the moustache application. Obvious differences from close up but from a normal viewing distance, they become less of an issue. I was very close to clicking the "order" button but still holding off...

Yes, the eyes are the key difference between the two, followed by the moustache application. Obvious differences from close up but from a normal viewing distance, they become less of an issue. I was very close to clicking the "order" button but still holding off...
The GTW headsculpt looks good overall in reviews I've seen. The mustache application bothers me the most though. Looks like a great figure for anyone that ordered it. I purchased the InArt GTG, so will hold out for their white version.

I would kill for an InArt Saruman. Either way, I really hope that InArt is able to nab the licenses for the other movies and commits to the franchise after Nazgul/Legolas!

The GTW headsculpt looks good overall in reviews I've seen. The mustache application bothers me the most though. Looks like a great figure for anyone that ordered it. I purchased the InArt GTG, so will hold out for their white version.
Oh, I was comparing the "Greys" from Asmus and InArt.

The "White" from Asmus is an excellent release and I don't see where InArt could improve much in order to even consider spending more money on theirs. Plus, Asmus included Shadowfax, although he is one heavy horse! :lol

Well, I was super close last night but didn’t order Gandalf. I thought the pre-order window was through today and I was going to order this morning. Ah well.. maybe I’ll get Aragorn or another InArt piece. I am really wanting at least one of them just to see how they are in hand.

The "White" from Asmus is an excellent release and I don't see where InArt could improve much in order to even consider spending more money on theirs. Plus, Asmus included Shadowfax, although he is one heavy horse! :lol

Less mahogany facial skin tone, smooth leather boots- not felt, leather belt, more cream than white outfit with appropriate weathering, less contrastingly dark outer dress section, a more fitted vest piece, some said a taller staff was needed (I don’t really see an issue there,) add the grey cloak from the arrival at Edoras…

That would be enough for me to ‘upgrade.’

I was so close to ordering Gandalf too, but realized he wasn't my favourite so I didnt get him. Gandalf The White however..

Less mahogany facial skin tone, smooth leather boots- not felt, leather belt, more cream than white outfit with appropriate weathering, less contrastingly dark outer dress section, a more fitted vest piece, some said a taller staff was needed (I don’t really see an issue there,) add the grey cloak from the arrival at Edoras…

Good one!

And I'm sure InArt's GTW with come with even better likeness, and overall more realistic look, in proportion, material and color.

Yeah, but aside from that... :wink1:

Well, I was super close last night but didn’t order Gandalf. I thought the pre-order window was through today and I was going to order this morning. Ah well.. maybe I’ll get Aragorn or another InArt piece. I am really wanting at least one of them just to see how they are in hand.
Sugo Toys in Australia still has him listed: Queen Studios InArts Gandalf Lord of The Rings 1/6 Premium Action Figure
But with postage etc, it will probably be a bit more expensive for you depending on where you live.

Well, gotta remember that OSK is in China. So, if the PO Cut off date was January 10th, it was probably already the 11th over there whenever you were going to place your order.

Back