InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup like Chris’s said, PF= Premium Format 👍🏼
Gotya. That one has a battery in the cloak right?

I wonder how they would power this one similarly yet still keep the ability for posing. One option would be to have a wire from the battery through the body to a forearm/hand that has a metal contact on the palm.

That palm touches the staff that also has a metal contact at a grip point. That grip point attaches to a wire inside the staff that leads to the base of the crystal. Seems expensive.

Gotya. That one has a battery in the cloak right?

No, the batteries are in the torso of the body. Sort of funny to put the batteries in b/c you have to lift up all the garments and expose the thin, pale, torso. The button is also in the pelvic region if I remember correctly.

InArt will probably find a way to slot one of these into the actual staff itself.
1673966200392.png

I honestly don't know why Gandalf is more expensive,because Aragorn has a lot more extras, I think this light up would justify it.

The light up staff, like the lightsabers, is ultimately pointless.

You're gonna turn it on once, go "oh neat' and never touch it again except for the occasional picture, if that. Maybe tell your friend when they look at it and say "oh man imagine if it lit up?!". But the response is "yeah it actually does, but I don't want to mess up my pose trying to fiddle with it".

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Until we standardize USB power in 1/6 for unified, external access to light features, it's a fringe add-on that would be better placed as more accessories or lower price.

I'd have thought some kind of wireless charging system through the base and the base of the staff would be the most wowie-zowie option. Base charges by USB, then the gem lights up while it's in the vicinity of it. There's a few light upgrade kits for Gundam models and such that do a similar kind of thing, so it's not like they'd be inventing something brand new.

The light up staff, like the lightsabers, is ultimately pointless.

You're gonna turn it on once, go "oh neat' and never touch it again except for the occasional picture, if that. Maybe tell your friend when they look at it and say "oh man imagine if it lit up?!". But the response is "yeah it actually does, but I don't want to mess up my pose trying to fiddle with it".

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Until we standardize USB power in 1/6 for unified, external access to light features, it's a fringe add-on that would be better placed as more accessories or lower price.
Nah. I’d love having the option for a Moria diorama. Especially once we get all the figures. “Let me risk a little more light.”

Some folks just need a reason to *****.
I don't know what your problem is, especially as Aragorn has many more extras on board and I just can't imagine why it justifies this extra price.
It must be allowed to ask a legitimate question or is that frowned upon here?

Straight answer here: I think it just came across as a strange question because we all felt like it’s pretty obvious where the money is being put in. Rooted hair costs ALOT to glue in perfectly and style. Add a rooted beard which adds twice the amount of hair, and there’s your cost.

Straight answer here: I think it just came across as a strange question because we all felt like it’s pretty obvious where the money is being put in. Rooted hair costs ALOT to glue in perfectly and style. Add a rooted beard which adds twice the amount of hair, and there’s your cost.
Since I am a statue collector and have absolutely no idea about this collecting field and cannot estimate the probably very high amount of work, I asked myself the question but some should be a little more relaxed and explain it to a newcomer instead of cracking their jokes.
Thank you.

Back