InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What am I doing with my life - I have almost zero income ATM (I've been replaced at work by someone who will do my job for free)
....Yet I couldn't stop myself from finally caving and pre-ordering this figure from KGHobby!
In truth, I have come to the horrifying realization that this "hobby" is really just a sickness that I am so consumed by that I no longer even have the desire to be cured of it.... :ROFLMAO:

I can no longer deny that I think It looks incredible, I have the Asmus Crown figure and while it still looks fine, good even, this piece is on another level and makes my Asmus Crown Gandalf feel cheaper than it actually was.
The sculpt and tailoring look really really nice, and the base is very classy, I really like its choice of accessories (especially with the new additions - nice to hear that Inart are listening to fans straight out the gate) and will have some fun deciding on the poses I would put him in.... there is a lot to like here.
I've been lurking on this thread for a while now trying to make a decision, not unlike yourself @Wor-Gar! as the price point/fact I already have a Gandalf really made me hesitant to commit to it.
In the end I knew that Gandalf, for me, is THE iconic LOTR character and was always my favourite heroic character in pretty much all fiction (bar Batman and Ripley) to boot, so i'm happy to keep my Inart LOTR purchases to just this and probably Aragorn if they nail the likeness as no-one really has yet. I think I can stop there without much fear of being unduly tempted into spending a truly insane amount of money on a full LOTR Inart line-up. Asmus is more than sufficient to serve my needs there, Inart can be for the exceptional characters - not as the rule.

I'm praying to the Collector Gods that there is little to no drop in quality from the prototype to the production piece, for once I am actually somewhat hopeful as Inart have a LOT riding on these first few releases, so I can see them putting in a bit more effort in the quality control area than some more established companies might be, especially given how ambitious Inart clearly intend to be in this industry.

Hopefully I can sell my Crown Gandalf to help cover some of the cost.

What am I doing with my life - I have almost zero income ATM (I've been replaced at work by someone who will do my job for free)
....Yet I couldn't stop myself from finally caving and pre-ordering this figure from KGHobby!
In truth, I have come to the horrifying realization that this "hobby" is really just a sickness that I am so consumed by that I no longer even have the desire to be cured of it.... :ROFLMAO:

I can no longer deny that I think It looks incredible, I have the Asmus Crown figure and while it still looks fine, good even, this piece is on another level and makes my Asmus Crown Gandalf feel cheaper than it actually was.
The sculpt and tailoring look really really nice, and the base is very classy, I really like its choice of accessories (especially with the new additions - nice to hear that Inart are listening to fans straight out the gate) and will have some fun deciding on the poses I would put him in.... there is a lot to like here.
I've been lurking on this thread for a while now trying to make a decision, not unlike yourself @Wor-Gar! as the price point/fact I already have a Gandalf really made me hesitant to commit to it.
In the end I knew that Gandalf, for me, is THE iconic LOTR character and was always my favourite heroic character in pretty much all fiction (bar Batman and Ripley) to boot, so i'm happy to keep my Inart LOTR purchases to just this and probably Aragorn if they nail the likeness as no-one really has yet. I think I can stop there without much fear of being unduly tempted into spending a truly insane amount of money on a full LOTR Inart line-up. Asmus is more than sufficient to serve my needs there, Inart can be for the exceptional characters - not as the rule.

I'm praying to the Collector Gods that there is little to no drop in quality from the prototype to the production piece, for once I am actually somewhat hopeful as Inart have a LOT riding on these first few releases, so I can see them putting in a bit more effort in the quality control area than some more established companies might be, especially given how ambitious Inart clearly intend to be in this industry.

You are not kidding when you say this hobby is a sickness. All reason goes out of the window at each new release. Like you I couldn't resist this Gandalf - he better be good!
Sorry to hear about your economic/work situation, and I hope things improve soon. :wave

AMEN brother.
I know your pain.
Have been there twice.

"Once it takes hold,it never let's go"

Sorry to hear about the work situation, lordnastrond. Despite the stress, I imagine that will sort itself in time. It is always good to take inventory on your life at various points in it, especially turning points.

But don't blame your dolls.... never blame your dolls... they are there to help you through life... to make all the bad things go away... you can play forever... ;)

Hang in there, I hope everything comes good for you!

Yep. If they can keep the same quality for this Gandalf as they did for the Joker.. This will be the best mass prod 1/6 Gandalf the grey!

Kit was very active during Joker... where is he now?

Kit, how much longer will the PO be open? Kit, why are you torturing me with Gandalf's availability? Why, Kit... why?
I am still active but too many threads to follow.. tag me and I will show up!

We usually set the cut-off window 3-4 days ahead, 18th our time zone would be 17th yours, plus sometimes manufacturer ask to report order and settle the deposit a little earlier

We end up cutting off on 18th (when the listing goes down)

Back