InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2980 Jüan according to the post, so easily about 500 USD in the End plus tax and duty. If this is how it will look straight out of the box its an okay price.
Kit Chen is saying around 500 bucks. Better than I thought it would be. Now how much of a hit will the prototype take versus the release?

I’ll pass at $500. If the likeness was blow my mind good then I might have considered it but it’s too much money for something that has a sculpt that just looks decent. The soft goods look incredible though.

Proto is great, like all protos. It's foolish to think it'll actually look like this in-hand however.

It'll probably look good and better than Asmus but not that good.

Last edited:
It's definitely an impressive prototype, will be very interesting to see how the final product turns out now that we know this will be up for PO for a month.

The pictures are also taken under perfect lighting conditions. I bet the head will look a tad more unimpressive under "daylight" conditions.

Nice to have options, but I think I will pass. Only figure that could hook me is a very very good Aragorn.

The pictures are also taken under perfect lighting conditions. I bet the head will look a tad more unimpressive under "daylight" conditions.

Nice to have options, but I think I will pass. Only figure that could hook me is a very very good Aragorn.
To be fair, the demographic of collectors who are happy to slap $500+ down on figures have likely also invested in decent lighting for their display areas and know better than to leave their expensive dollies out in the daylight.

Kit Chen is saying around 500 bucks. Better than I thought it would be. Now how much of a hit will the prototype take versus the release?
I am glad that my only love is Gimli so i dont feel the need to buy this and as things stand they will make the 4 announced figures so no temptation for me at all. If it will look close to what we see here then i am going to hope that they actually make a Gimli too.

These pictures LITERALLY made me gasp. Holy f*** knuckles Gandalf looks AH-MAZING!

I’m getting two. I wanna be first hour PO.

Holy ****.

I know I’m getting way too excited for a proto. But this proto is the only figure from the past few years that legit made my jaw drop. I mean, joker looks amazing too...but this Gandalf. OH MY GOODNESS.

I mean...that goes for EVERY FIGURE in existence.

So looking at this picture the hat is the wrong colour.

Attachments

• 0F8AE2F1-F4F7-4967-8C57-705F85A7B188.jpeg
    0F8AE2F1-F4F7-4967-8C57-705F85A7B188.jpeg
    531.2 KB · Views: 65
Looks really really good but I have a feeling that it may be too rich for me buying from the UK retailers, once all the VAT etc has been added on. Will wait and see what the price is first...might just pass on GTG and wait and see what their Aragorn looks like and get that instead as I’m quite happy with my Asmus Gandalf.

Back