InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This does look really, really good. Kit says he's thinking $500. I really didn't know if I wanted this at $500, and I still don't. I feel like if I'm going to start buying $500 figures I need to stop buying all of my other lines and just focus on those. At some point, I'd like to travel and not just buy figures lol.

Photo of Fb post about pricing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220517-134209_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220517-134209_Facebook.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 93
It looks terrific, I gotta say. But this hobby may finally be getting a little too rich for my blood. HT figures recently regularly edging up into the 300s already feels rather steep for a 1/6 figure. When it was normally roughly around $267 after tax and shipping from SS I was fine with it.

With Crown series Gandalf the Gray I finally got my Asmus LotR Fellowship of the Ring collection completed. Crown GtG has it’s minor issues (eyes, hat) but it‘s still an impressive figure overall. I may just have to draw the line there and be content with that representation.

Not one hundred percent decided yet, but this may have to be a difficult pass for me…

I’m probably going to pass on this, but now my dilemma is what to do about Gandalf the White. That’s the last figure I planned on getting for my LoTR Collection. I may pass on the Asmus GtW and pay more for QS’s version, assuming that they release one.

Damn I'm sold. Likeness isn't 100% but it's damn close in some shots.

It feels like I'm looking at an actual photoshoot of a real person rather than a figure, which is a feeling I haven't gotten with any announcement in a long time. Hard to believe this is a 12" figure I'm looking at.

r0g4Rvt.jpg

wKIusR3.jpg

ITS QS don't be fooled by prototype, the final product may be like ****.

2980 Jüan according to the post, so easily about 500 USD in the End plus tax and duty. If this is how it will look straight out of the box its an okay price.
I would happily pay 500 if it looks exactly like the proto. Damn it, i'd happily pay 500 for that proto right now! But they'd probably want 2 grand for it. :D

Damn I'm sold. Likeness isn't 100% but it's damn close in some shots.

It feels like I'm looking at an actual photoshoot of a real person rather than a figure, which is a feeling I haven't gotten with any announcement in a long time. Hard to believe this is a 12" figure I'm looking at.

wKIusR3.jpg
That's the "2 grand" money shot right there...

Yeah this isn’t for me but the likeness looks insane from some angles, and there are far more accessories than I personally expected. The pricing is very high but there is a lot of rooted hair here obviously. Will be interested to see if people will actually order both this and Ledger Joker or are just getting one or the other to hedge their bets through production.

Back