InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the end, will you wonder about the all the places you could have gone.... or the wonderful toys you could have had?
I'll probably be dead from falling debris due to any random war that could break out. My final thoughts would be "darn, and I was so close to getting my 5th Doom; wait did I waste my lif-ACK".

But kidding aside, I do have a problem with wishlisting. It's not that I actually get carried away and pull the trigger, but let's just say only my "Essential X-Men" wishlist is ~30 figures, so, yeah... Even if I had the room and money it'd still be too crowded for my tastes. So I'm torn between fewer but more classic versus random D-Listers I like and more well-rounded displays.

I'm not the world's bigget LotRfan, but the way I see it Aragorn doubles as a King Arthur expy in mind, same with Gandalf and Merlin, so just on that basis alone I'm tempted. I like Knights, and considering Berserk is an anime/manga and thus will never get such realistic figures, and I'll probably never get an Elric Of Melnibone doll, LotR stuff are my best shot. It's a big deal of a book too.

Half of me would love to have a specifically curated collection with figures of T.E. Lawrence and Edmond Dantes, and the other half wants the immortal vampire mutant Selene from the X-Men in a black corset, so that I can have her in an X-Villain display. I'm... I'm contradictory...

Still, a good ROTK Aragorn is at the top of my LotR wants. Gandalf can be a tad bland and rooted hair will cost a pretty penny. Sauron will never get made, and if he did he'd be clost to 1K by the time he was unveiled. So a good Aragorn would be my go-to as a representation of the movies/book/IP. And in my mind, as I said, he'd double as a fairy-tale King Arthur, even if a Roman version would be more accurate.

Last edited:
9 Fellowship X $500 = $4,500

You can afford that over the next three years.

zoidberg-blank.gif

Holy crap- he comes with the ring and envelope and even has his little moth messenger pal!

I don’t think the pricing should be overly alarming. There’s no big metal and wood diorama here so the main brunt of it will be the rooting.
It’s looking less and less likely that I’ll be able to skip this.
Maybe InArt for the Moria look and Asmus for his Hobbiton arrival. That’ll do.

Looks incredible alright...but all protos do. Need more pics with his hat on

Nevermind:)... Hat-on looks great as well, and i love the simplicity of the base...very, very nice!

Last edited:
Back