InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Asmus’ GTG sold really well. I’m positive this will too. LOTR is pretty popular in China.
Asmus's GTG was also like $350 and they haven't shipped all of their orders right? Keep in mind QS/IA's licensing is only for China, as per Kit's info overseas buyers will likely be spending around $500 to get this, and from what I've read on chinese forums a lot of collectors are saying they'll wait for the final product to be out, not that it's a bad thing for QS/IA, I don't believe they can replicate the impressive hair and beard work in mass production, especially if they get big numbers and production is still a mess everywhere and this will be their second mass produced figure ever, so they have to deliver.

My heart stopped when I saw the picture of him holding the moth, the fact they have a book of Mazarbul gives me hope of the rest of the fellowship with Moria bases, but this would be the wrong staff then. I wish they had included the hobbit staff and the Moria staff also.

Where to buy in the US?

My heart stopped when I saw the picture of him holding the moth, the fact they have a book of Mazarbul gives me hope of the rest of the fellowship with Moria bases, but this would be the wrong staff then. I wish they had included the hobbit staff and the Moria staff also.

Where to buy in the US?
One Sixth Kit is the best.

OK, I thought maybe he had two bags... no which was in the movie?

Maybe that's his "visit with Frodo" bag... and the other is his simple travel bag?

gandalfstrap.jpg

At higher-res you can tell his strap is braided even in this picture you used.

This looks amazing, I can't risk missing out it so I'll preorder. But I might not preorder anything else until their production Joker releases so I can make sure I'm not wasting all these NRDs lol. Still, this prototype is so good, I can't stop looking at all the pics lol

Last edited:
Asmus's GTG was also like $350 and they haven't shipped all of their orders right? Keep in mind QS/IA's licensing is only for China, as per Kit's info overseas buyers will likely be spending around $500 to get this, and from what I've read on chinese forums a lot of collectors are saying they'll wait for the final product to be out, not that it's a bad thing for QS/IA, I don't believe they can replicate the impressive hair and beard work in mass production, especially if they get big numbers and production is still a mess everywhere and this will be their second mass produced figure ever, so they have to deliver.

If they can get it looking 95% of the prototype...that’ll be quite an achievement.

If they screw it up...I would lose 1k. But worst of all, they would lose all trust and any goodwill.

They CANT mess it up.

View attachment 577575

At higher-res you can tell his strap is braided even in this picture you used.

The InArt braided strap looks pretty much like the belt, whereas the picture above, braided it may be, the strap is so stretched and weathered it doesn't read that way.

Maybe if the InArt one was slightly lighter in color that would help differentiate it.

The InArt braided strap looks pretty much like the belt, whereas the picture above, braided it may be, the strap is so stretched and weathered it doesn't read that way.

Maybe if the InArt one was slightly lighter in color that would help differentiate it.

If I was gonna nitpick the figure, it'd be for the overall level of weathering. I feel like his staff is quite rich in color, too, and a little too far on the red side. It doesn't look like an ancient well-traveled piece of wood quite like it does in the films.

But that's just looking for flaws, I like this even more than their Joker.

Asmus GtG preorder cancelled, I was hedging until they released these shots, it looks very good, not perfect but if it comes out close to this then I'll consider this the definitive 1/6 GtG and fork out the $500. It was a line call for me given the price but I'm now confident it'll be worth waiting for this and paying the extra $150.

Back