InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know, I for one love figures being reviewed and posed this way..

bfc2a979d05ca0c354316fb44d8ba874.png
That's about as good of a pose that piece of crap figure deserves 🤣

Popped up on InArt’s FB page:

IMG_2355.jpeg
IMG_2356.jpeg
IMG_2357.jpeg
IMG_2358.jpeg
IMG_2359.jpeg
IMG_2360.jpeg
IMG_2361.jpeg

I really wish this “influencer batch” wasn’t a thing. It’s so counter productive if you asked me.

Like…who else are you trying to attract? Those still sitting on the fence? Well sure, great. But POs closed a YEAR ago. Where the hell can you secure one now?

Pics look amazing, but not gonna lie, this weird ‘influencer batch’ has dampened my excitement.

😒😒

I really wish this “influencer batch” wasn’t a thing. It’s so counter productive if you asked me.

Like…who else are you trying to attract? Those still sitting on the fence? Well sure, great. But POs closed a YEAR ago. Where the hell can you secure one now?

Pics look amazing, but not gonna lie, this weird ‘influencer batch’ has dampened my excitement.

😒😒
You PO’d day one from OSK right? You should probably get yours in less than a month.

😒😒
In an ideal world, there would be no "influencer batches" but it's really not that different from Hot Toys sending Jingo and their photographers an early batch for review either. Then comes the months wait for Sideshow to get their "coming soon" email after blogger photos are out. Same for video games or really any sort of tech or product that gets reviewed. Reviewers and "influencers" will always get products early to showcase it ahead of launch unfortunately. What would probably "feel" better for us is them having all reviewers wait to release photos and videos until the first big batch actually releases. Would at least give the illusion of having the gap be shorter.

Last edited:
If you didn't get InArt Gandalf or their previous releases then I think you'll be genuinely happy with this one when it's in hand. I've felt the same about recent figures, but Gandalf was a huge suprise I had never felt such joy opening a new figure and feeling that awe the hobby gave me the first time when I got the Dx06 as my first figure.
Pennywise was this for me--unboxing was a complete joy. I have Gandalf coming on the slow boat and cannot wait for that experience. The Batman will be the same--need a lot of time to spend unpacking and futzing, but yes very much like the beginning of collecting 1:6 for me too!

View attachment 701618View attachment 701619View attachment 701620View attachment 701621View attachment 701622View attachment 701623View attachment 701624

😒😒
Imo, only Justin and Jedha should be part of this “Influencer Batch.”

At the end of the day, INART’s goal is to promote their products and gain even more exposure. Will there be a targeted group of people whom would have wanted that character and have potentially missed out? Of course. But that group of people most likely wouldn’t have known about INART beforehand. It’s just how it goes sometimes. You win some, you lose some. But now they know that the product exists and they’d have to make an individual choice if they want it and buy it on the aftermarket or not. But the important thing is now they know about the company and maybe they’d like future products.

To others who have known about the product for some time now, I mean you had all the chances.

POs closed over a year ago from INART directly for consumers in their licensed regions, but as far as everyone else, I don’t know if we really know what’s going on over there. How is it that Kit is able to open up more PO windows?

Last edited:
That protuberance at the back annoys me too much. It's a silly oversight. Don't think it had to be that exaggerated to allow for articulation. And honestly I'd rather the gap be at the chin.

Did @Jedha Patrol say he popped the eyes and mouthplate onto the loose cowl? Is that effectively an identicle, compatible sculpt? That would encourage me at least to try modding it myself without much fear of something going wrong.

20240507_183726.jpg

View attachment 701618View attachment 701619View attachment 701620View attachment 701621View attachment 701622View attachment 701623View attachment 701624

😒😒
I couldn't tell if this was the figure or still from the movie. Freaking hell. I wish I had even 0.1% of the talent to do pictures that beautiful.

That protuberance at the back annoys me too much. It's a silly oversight. Don't think it had to be that exaggerated to allow for articulation. And honestly I'd rather the gap be at the chin.

Did @Jedha Patrol say he popped the eyes and mouthplate onto the loose cowl? Is that effectively an identicle, compatible sculpt? That would encourage me at least to try modding it myself without much fear of something going wrong.

View attachment 701650
390CD69B-6E5D-4642-8F8B-59EF1E4EC8B9.jpeg

Yeah I wish the neck was designed better. The collar should’ve been bigger too.

In an ideal world, there would be no "influencer batches" but it's really not that different from Hot Toys sending Jingo and their photographers an early batch for review either. Then comes the months wait for Sideshow to get their "coming soon" email after blogger photos are out. Same for video games or really any sort of tech or product that gets reviewed. Reviewers and "influencers" will always get products early to showcase it ahead of launch unfortunately. What would probably "feel" better for us is them having all reviewers wait to release photos and videos until the first big batch actually releases. Would at least give the illusion of having the gap be shorter.
Ironically the only time "Influencers" didn't get a figure early and normal collectors did was when SS got their stock in for Mando S2 Repaint Boba Fett. I remember being hyped mine showed up and laughing my ass of when Jedah made a video about how he wasn't getting his until later. Lmao

Same thoughts as always for me, I don’t mind influencers getting it early but first batch customers need to get them a week after.

Maybe for the neck issue there’s a way to heat it up so it doesn’t stick out as much either.

You PO’d day one from OSK right? You should probably get yours in less than a month.

I did, but I still think the idea of influencer batches doesn’t sit right with me. And I will elaborate below:

EXACTLY!

Anything “early” especially in regards to these toys with a limited PO window never sat right with me. I suppose an argument can be had where it’s a way to encourage people to keep their PO’s. But as you suggested and something I’ve wanted for a long time is: shorten the window of time between batches. Not just ‘production batches’, but regional batches as well.

For instance, would it hurt HT and their collectors in Asia if they held back their HK/China releases until other regions receive their stock so it can LITERALLY be a WORLDWIDE release? That’s one of the things video games rectified was getting rid of the fractured releases we endured back in the early console days. 6 months to 1 year before NA gets to play final fantasy or any other Japanese produced game? Thank god those days are done. (PC releases are a story for another time😅)

And my last grievance:

Imo, only Justin and Jedha should be part of this “Influencer Batch.” At the end of the day, they’re just getting it out there to promote their products and exposure. Will there be people whom would want that character and have missed out? Of course. But those people most likely wouldn’t have known about INART beforehand. It’s just how it goes sometimes. You win some, you lose some. But now they know that the product exists and they’d have to make an individual choice if they want it and buy it on the aftermarket or not. But really, now they know about the company and maybe they’d like future products.

POs closed over a year ago from INART directly for consumers in their licensed regions, but as far as everyone else, I don’t know if we really know what’s going on over there. How is it that Kit is able to open up more PO windows?

I absolutely understand the need to send out early and potentially free review samples to channels with huge sub numbers. Gotta get the brand recognition out there. It’s been a part of the business model for DECADES.

But at the same time, as someone that does reviews, not for a living but as a hobby and wants to share their enthusiasm…by the time I get my figure, everyone would’ve moved on by then.

Brace yourselves: Here comes the “whine and cheese” 😅

I’ve gone back and forth about whether I want to let others see or hear these thoughts of mine for fear of coming off like a whiny little entitled *****…but I have to get it off my chest.

1/2

2/2

I do put effort into making my videos. But the numbers aren’t there. I don’t know, maybe my style sucks? Even if it’s not the standard 30-40min “static box shots-accessories breakdown-portrait section-comparison-neutral pose-final thoughts”…I guess people really don’t care about my videos with decently posed figures (well ‘decently posed’ imo, people can think they’re crap for all I’m aware😅)? I started and chose this style because everyone else was doing the SAME EXACT THING. Not knocking on them…but a little variety would be nice yknow?

Or Is it also because I’m “late to the party” because I didn’t spend extra money to get those early HK HT releases so I can be one of the first to review them…like what Justin did with his former relationship with TWL?

In my early YT days, the first video that broke 10k views in a few days was Civil Wars Cap America. That’s because I spent the extra $100 to get it early from an EBay seller. It was cool to have that exposure at first…but I thought: this can’t be sustainable. Unless I’m super rich or have a sponsorship with a seller, there’s no way to keep up with this. Plus I didn’t want to be another cog in the scalper machine.

Good thing I’m not doing these videos to make a living. I would’ve quit a long time ago. I guess I just don’t have the ‘hustle’ in me. But the ‘filmmaker’ or ‘artistic’ side of me would like a bit more exposure. And being last in line is really not helping. Which also explains why I passed on doing certain reviews: I received them so late i just didn’t have the passion anymore.

Then again there have been other YTers that came out later than me and their sub and view count shot up like crazy, so maybe my way of reviewing really isn’t striking a chord with anyone?

Apologies for whining. It’s been on my chest for a long time now. I know the usual “suck it up” or “work on your hustle”.

I will say though, the subs I have currently and the small amount of views I get does put a smile on my face. I mean, at least someone out there is enjoying my work.

Whine and cheese section over. Please, carry on 😇

Just being on this forum makes me understand influencer batches and blogger photos from HT.
whoever receives it first posts poorly posed and lit cellphone photos and people lose their minds and mass cancel their pre-orders, just for the actual product to be fine in hand. It’s a tale as old as time lol
Some of the influencer choices do puzzle me some, but I’m sure inart is learning. I just want to see nicely posed and properly lit photos of the final product, and I'm happy. I’m patient enough to wait till it gets to me.

Upon further inspection, I don’t think the collar is small. The neck is a bit too long and the cape is sitting higher on his traps.
Yeah the cape sitting higher on it is most likely it. Since you’re able to Velcro the cape onto the back, I’ll try my best to not have it as high.

Back