InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just the level of life and texture can't compare to the JND or what Inart will be doing. I am firmly in the having less but far more extreme quality now.

Bye Hot Toys. :)
Can’t wait for JND to get into the 1:6 game. Hopefully they don’t make all the same figures as InArt. Being able to mix and match figures from the two companies would be perfect.

As for Hot Toys, I’ve been collecting them for several years, and have accumulated around 100 figures. With this Batman release I decided to pack it all in and put them up for sale. Quality over quantity. I just haven’t been able to look at them the same since seeing the realism of that Gandalf. It’s a huge gamble on a company that hasn’t even released a figure yet tbf. If they turn out terrible in production then hey at least I’ll have some real money in hand for once.

The HT sculpt won't be anywhere near that sharp in production. Time will tell for the IA version.

Now those are the close ups I wanted, that looks damn good. The posture alone looks so realistic, like the body has actual weight to it.

The HT version looks like a Sideshow figure in comparison.

If you look closely enough it's only the back part that almost reaches the ground. The left and right part on the end of the cape reach just under his boots. I also think they used a longer cape for these photos., just look the cape length at the figure's left boot. In the end, the figure is too perfect to pass just for the sake of a slightly shorter cape. You can always get a custom one or they might update it till the release.
View attachment 595249

Agreed, it looks great there, but this photo kills me:

The HT sculpt won't be anywhere near that sharp in production. Time will tell for the IA version.
Probably a good thing, sometimes their prototypes are way too sharp & detailed (probably to compensate for the softening during production).

In regards to the cape length there’s also probably multiple different capes used in the film for different purposes. One may be longer and one may be shorter for certain scenes depending on what’s happening like either just idling, stunts, or fights.
This...it's just like the Dark Knight...in some scenes that thing looked like a bed sheet and in others it look like ankle length.

fingers crossed for resin sculpts!! that should be the new norm for detail even at smaller scales like 1/6! but maybe thats a bad idea, some people are clumsy af like me and might accidentally drop the head or something compared to the soft material hot toy uses lol people already worry about paint scuffs or paint chips, let alone their actual sculpt chipping

I'm wondering how they will keep the hair styled will they send in protective boxes with like custom artist do?

Also had a few questions such as will they be resin or like hot toys plastic?

Also how does their moving eye system work? Still curious as to how they do theirs.

Really impressed by this though.

I'm wondering how they will keep the hair styled will they send in protective boxes with like custom artist do?

Really impressed by this.
i-hope-so-hopefully.gif

i know viper only worked on the proto for joker, but i would hope they took a page and steal the idea from custom artists

Also had a few questions such as will they be resin or like hot toys plastic?

Also how does their moving eye system work? Still curious as to how they do theirs.

Really impressed by this though.
They do mention resin in the materials, although it's not specific to any piece.

Inart over hot toys

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1660915445053.jpg
    FB_IMG_1660915445053.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 0
  • FB_IMG_1660915450602.jpg
    FB_IMG_1660915450602.jpg
    398.7 KB · Views: 0
  • FB_IMG_1660915720729.jpg
    FB_IMG_1660915720729.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 0
  • FB_IMG_1660915731692.jpg
    FB_IMG_1660915731692.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 0
  • FB_IMG_1660915736926.jpg
    FB_IMG_1660915736926.jpg
    398.7 KB · Views: 0
  • FB_IMG_1660915741274.jpg
    FB_IMG_1660915741274.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 0
  • FB_IMG_1660915746989.jpg
    FB_IMG_1660915746989.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 0
fingers crossed for resin sculpts!! that should be the new norm for detail even at smaller scales like 1/6! but maybe thats a bad idea, some people are clumsy af like me and might accidentally drop the head or something compared to the soft material hot toy uses lol people already worry about paint scuffs or paint chips, let alone their actual sculpt chipping
One time my armored batman tipped over when I was unboxing him and landed straight at his pointy nose. Almost **** my pants. But he was fine..

Rewatching the movie...if I were to nitpick. The only real 2 things I could point out that this piece can improve on is the leather texture on his cowl is indeed a bit prominent, it's much more smooth in the movie and can be seen clearly during the daylight scenes. Another one is the exclusion of the white wrapped hands

snap1.pngsnap2.pngsnap4.pngsnap5.pngsnap33.png

Rewatching the movie...if I were to nitpick. The only real 2 things I could point out that this piece can improve on is the leather texture on his cowl is indeed a bit prominent, it's much more smooth in the movie and can be seen clearly during the daylight scenes. Another one is the exclusion of the white wrapped hands

View attachment 595322View attachment 595323View attachment 595324View attachment 595325View attachment 595326
I would add that the cape looks more pleated and thick and heavy and muted compared to the Inart which looks light and shiny and like a garbage bag material

I would add that the cape looks more pleated and thick and heavy and muted compared to the Inart which looks light and shiny and like a garbage bag material
I ignored the cape cause there are so many difference lengths and variations of it used throughout the movie. People will have their own preferences and I will most likely grab a custom one when it comes out anyways

The good thing is InArt will listen to constructive criticism unlike HT most of the time.

Hopefully they improve the cape before we see the production piece.

Back