Ikea Granas Coffee Table become awesome Display Case

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great work guys.

Just wondering if I missed it. Are you using the top or one of the sides to get "in" it, to update your display? And if one of the sides, how do you have the glass coming in and out.

Im actually thinking about getting the big table. For a dark gloomy Burton Bats dio. Nothing says going overboard on something like putting a dinning room table as a display piece.

Great work guys.

Just wondering if I missed it. Are you using the top or one of the sides to get "in" it, to update your display? And if one of the sides, how do you have the glass coming in and out.

Thanks. :)

I can only speak for myself, but I’m using the top glass to get inside it. :D

The side panels are made of acryl so to make it a little solid they “glued” together.
Not a permanent solution if you like to update the display from time to time, but it works for me. :wink1:

:wave

wish we got an Ikea here..I don't have any detolfs let alone this one to display my custom tumbler
IMG_3375.jpg

Last edited:
Ok going to need some help on this one. Got one today for 30.00 needed some cleaning and I can see what they meant by using a dremmel tool to make the exact holes for the hooks to go into. Now my question is how much of a distance did you guys have and if so do you have any close up pictures?

I'm debating on painting mine flat black. I'm a newbie so excuse my many questions. Where can I get metal sheets and if so do any of you guys have a template or measurements especially the measurements for the corner edges? I just want to make sure I don't screw this one up. thanks guys

So I bought a 5m LED strip off ebay for the table

also bought these switches
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/270877815272?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

and these connector pieces for the corners of the table

update:
looks like your ebay supplier has the better prices too! I think I am going to place my order with them :D

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/251026779540?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I plan to lower the bottom rack this weekend.

OHH nice find so no hackjob needed to wire the individual pieces!! Bookmarked

Ok going to need some help on this one. Got one today for 30.00 needed some cleaning and I can see what they meant by using a dremmel tool to make the exact holes for the hooks to go into. Now my question is how much of a distance did you guys have and if so do you have any close up pictures?

I'm debating on painting mine flat black. I'm a newbie so excuse my many questions. Where can I get metal sheets and if so do any of you guys have a template or measurements especially the measurements for the corner edges? I just want to make sure I don't screw this one up. thanks guys

I have yet to finish mine but I assume you are talking about the shelf? using MDF might be the cheapest way to go about it and easiest to work with. I even got my local Home depot to precut it for me for free as no way I can make a clean cut of this size on my own tablesaw. As for how low you want it to go most use the standing batman as reference so you are looking at about 13" but better doublecheck.

BTW I finally know why I bought the Granas dining table as well THE BAT!!!!!! HARHARHAR :thud:

Last edited:
Holly shiet:

The Tumbler:
L 15' 2" = 182" ~ 30" (1/6 Scale)
W 9' 2" = 108" ~ 18"
H 4' 11" = 59" ~ 10"
Source

The Bat:
L 28' = 336" ~ 56"
W 17' = 208" ~ 35"
H ??
source

Granas Coffee table:
L 47" x W 31" x H 20"

Granas dining Table:
L 57 1/2", W 30 3/4", H 29 1/2"

Dang width but should still work since I would never display it leveled but rather in an angle like the MR MF to give it more of a realistic feel than just a static model

Back