Ikea Granas Coffee Table become awesome Display Case

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Fantastic idea and modification to a basic IKEA product :clap

My newbie question of the day is:

What do you use to keep your Millenium falcon, bat mobile or any other large item in place so that it doesn't rattle if the table is bumped into, moved, etc?

I can only speak for myself but for the MR MF is it's SHEER WEIGHT!!! :lol Nothing is going to move that sucker.. The MF IS what keeps the table from moving or shaking at all! :D

what an awesome idea and these great classy looking displays is what keeps me coming to the site for ideas thanks!

I am married with child of almost 1 ;)
Strangest thing was when my wife told me that her mother was impressed :D
I did get an earful about my endo skulls as they thought it looked evil spirited and was not good to have around pregnant woman :(

:borg:

I finally scooped up a granas table after constantly staring at the pics on this thread. Just wanted to know are the dioders the best option? Is there any type of wireless lighting that could work better?

:lol HEllo!!! Finally another converted!!!
I am so surprised so few go this route ?!
wireless lights tend to be non-strip style so very visible when used in this rather exposing table

:lol HEllo!!! Finally another converted!!!
I am so surprised so few go this route ?!
wireless lights tend to be non-strip style so very visible when used in this rather exposing table

Not a prob. I actually love the dioders. Whats the best route at hiding the cords and then having one going across the floor? Thats the only thing thats killing me.

Not a prob. I actually love the dioders. Whats the best route at hiding the cords and then having one going across the floor? Thats the only thing thats killing me.

Yeah that is the biggest issue usually. I have a rug going almost to the sofa so I will eventually just cut a whole into that rug to feed the wire through from the bottom

I finally scooped up a granas table after constantly staring at the pics on this thread. Just wanted to know are the dioders the best option? Is there any type of wireless lighting that could work better?

Hi there!
...and welcome to the club. :wave

It depends on the floor and what you have on the floor.
The diode cables are very tiny so I just pulled them trough one of the table tubes
and covered them with a small tape to the floor. :)

You can also pull them trough a small tube on the floor I guess.

Good luck! :wink1:

Did I mention to you that I bought the dining table as well as a second coffee table both Granas of cause and I am still keeping an eye on more used Garnas... you got me to collect tables now :lol
OK back to the :impatient:
:impatient:

Did I mention to you that I bought the dining table as well as a second coffee table both Granas of cause and I am still keeping an eye on more used Garnas... you got me to collect tables now

O' no... :cuckoo: :lol

That’s great Geil :clap …I would have done the same if I had the space for it. :wink1:

It’s so much cool you can do with a display like this. :blissy

...back to:

Damn guys do you know hot to put on the pressure.:lol It will be a little while before Im all set up. Im in the process of moving. Once Im settled in the project is in full swing!

Well I don't have the space for it yet :lol
man what a tease I thought you had some for us like tomorrow :D

:borg:

Back