HT The Dark Knight New Costume PHOTO Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you guys think of a v1 bats with the Dx pers head? Does it look funny or not good? Anybody gt pics?? I'm really considering doing this, thanks guys!!! PICS :D

How much are these TDK Batman's going for nowadays?

It appears to be rather difficult finding someone selling DX 02 Batman for a decent price. I am thinking about getting the v1 version and just swapping heads.. perhaps that would be much cheaper than getting the 02.

some pics from mine

p1100041k.jpg

p1100046.jpg

pa290007c.jpg

nice pics! saw your pics in previous threads which are great too! if I have the extra $$ I may think about getting the V1, even with it's inaccuracies, it still looks like a really nice figure! even more so if you can mod it by taking the suit off and dremel it down some so it doesn't look so buff

nice pics! saw your pics in previous threads which are great too! if I have the extra $$ I may think about getting the V1, even with it's inaccuracies, it still looks like a really nice figure! even more so if you can mod it by taking the suit off and dremel it down some so it doesn't look so buff

Unfortunately, I don't think dremelling it won't do much of anything (at least, if you're referring to the abs). I think that's from the rubber itself, not the body underneath.

But it's a lot cheaper than the DX, comes with a Bruce Wayne head, and is more poseable, so still not a bad buy if those things interest you.

Come on... it should be down right illegal to be posting 14 megapixel shots. 3MB per pic for god sake! 8.8MB total.

Unfortunately, I don't think dremelling it won't do much of anything (at least, if you're referring to the abs). I think that's from the rubber itself, not the body underneath.

But it's a lot cheaper than the DX, comes with a Bruce Wayne head, and is more poseable, so still not a bad buy if those things interest you.

no i was talking about the chest/upper abs/ribcage. I've seen it done before, somewhere I think on toyworld...the end result was this

picture.php

link:https://www.toy-world.com.hk/forum/viewthread.php?tid=8407&extra=page%3D1

the body doesn't look so buff/bulky, or at least upper body. image it with one of lforigno's cape. even though it doesn't have the accuracy of the DX I really like it. if the DX didn't have all those extras then I would've gotten the V1 instead

Last edited:
A lot of people hated on that mod because of the hips. They said he looked like a girl. I see what they mean, but I don't think it's that bad.

I sold my V1 Bats when I got my DX, and a couple weeks later ended up buying another V1. He's not as "pretty" as the DX, but he's worlds more fun to pose.

yea i see what you mean. I would just pad the sides so it doesn't have an "hour glass" figure to it, but the chest area looks a lot better proportioned than straight out of the box

I'm thinking about picking up a v1 head for a thrown together DK costumed batman.

I just don't feel too crazy about the PERS.

The v1 seems like it is pretty cool from some lighting/angles. What do you think?

It looks really good actually. I saw someone sell it like that on eBay, DX body and accessories but V1 head. Should've save the pic. I really like the V1 head for some reason. Not entirely accurate or spot on, but it looks like an angrier sculpt to me which is plus, for me atleast

I've thought a few times about picking the v1 up or medicom (not that im looking to get into a "which is best" thing) just for if/when my DX crumbles to dust :lol Its had the oil come and go and i'm sure its only a matter of time till rots. At which time i'm thinking i could take some parts and mod them to a v1 (or medicom). In fact i think i asked for some tips a while back and gipetto gave me some great tips. Thanks dude. Anywho, my concern is just that the v1 looks soo bulky. Is it really that bad in person or does it look decent enough in hand?

The V1 is definitely bulkier than the DX, but it's not a dealbreaker. At least, not to me.

I agree with Gipetto about the head. He does look angry/ intense and, though it isn't perfect, it's definitely Batman.

Also, the range of motion with the V1 is ridiculously better than the DX. I think the V1 Bats is one of Hot Toys' most underrated figures. I would certainly recommend him if you can get him at a good price.

Thanks for the info. I have a medicom DK body that's had no head for a long time. I think I've finally settled on throwing a v1 on it. The only mod I will probably do is for the abs and the manboobs.

I regret selling my V1. I've never been totally happy with my DX. I'm thinking of selling it and just modding my Medi.

Back