How many "The Bats" do you think Hot Toys will sell to customers?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It's a high-priced, space eating product. They'll probably sell between...

• 100-200

Votes: 21 12.8%
  • 200-300

Votes: 16 9.8%
  • 300-400

Votes: 10 6.1%
  • 400-500

Votes: 21 12.8%
  • 500-600

Votes: 17 10.4%
  • 600-700

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • 700-800

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • 800-900

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • 900-1000

Votes: 8 4.9%
  • 1000+

Votes: 55 33.5%

• Total voters
I wonder why Christian Bale felt the need to specify that he was done 'professionally' with the DP guy on Terminator 4. As if to suggest that 'personally' they could maintain some sort of relationship after that.

I don't know, maybe when he was going off on a spontaeneous angry rant he didn't think to proof read his off-the-cuff comments.

Why is this being brought up now? Or here?

They'll sell however many they make. I'm more curious on the price point myself. $700+?

Not even close, I would think. The 89 Batmobile is large, and that costs in upwards of $630. The Bat will be MASSIVE - perhaps the largest movie vehicle ever recreated in 1/6 scale. I'd say at least $800 to $1000.

The Bat will be big, but the component parts used to assemble it will not be much more than the Tumbler. That is coming out at 2450rmb ($375) so I can't see The Bat being much more than say $500.

I know the won't be selling any to me. Maybe if they make an '89 Bat-plane one day.

I'm sure I'll get one, but a couple of months back I got excited about the Batwing when I saw it advertised on the Sideshow site... then I saw it was a miniature model.
A batwing from the 89 movie would be very nice.

This thing is atleast two years off,so I can't tell now if I would be one of the freaks that will purchase this beast

It's going to cost $666! I imagine they will sell around 600 - 700 of these. I'm sure there are diehard Batman fans who don't even really collect 1/6 that would pick this up.

I'm curious how this thing is going to be distributed? Sideshow isn't going to want to hold a bunch of these in warehouses with the possibility of them not selling. This could be an item that they open for pre-order and then only produce slightly more than are ordered in the first few months. I'm sure a lot of vendors feel the same way about this item and they probably have to order X amount of these up-front. It would be a scary item to try to move.

I wonder why Christian Bale felt the need to specify that he was done 'professionally' with the DP guy on Terminator 4. As if to suggest that 'personally' they could maintain some sort of relationship after that.

Because he is basically a talentless, over-paid, arrogant, spoilt A-Hole? How much more angry would he have been, if the lighting guy had not been setting his rig properly and the scene (which was not even an actual scene, it was a rehearsal take) would have to have been redone because no on could see his perfectly chiselled features?

I'm constantly amazed just how upset people get on behalf of this poor lighting guy, as if he crawled home weeping after this. Does anybody remember the fact that the guy was working with Bale again within minutes and didn't take any of this to heart?

Besides which this was just a rant. Has no-one ever lost their temper at a co-worker? Or had the same done to them?

As for talentless, seriously? Tell that to his Oscar win. Christian Bale is one of the best mode nuanced actors of his generation.

Besides which this was just a rant. Has no-one ever lost their temper at a co-worker? Or had the same done to them?

No never like that. Never ever like that. That was not a loss of temper, that was rage. If I had done that, I would have expected some serious repercussions from it, against me. Or too, against any person directing a torrent like that at me.

Rant...what is that? Just an excuse for being allowed to behave badly? I don't have to take responsibility for my actions, it was just a rant.

His Oscar can go fish, he is talentless. He has exactly two speeds...'android' and 'maniac', and that's all he can do. Once you've seen them, you've seen all he has to offer.

Sorry, way off topic. Now back to over priced and gigantic toys.

Hot Toys won't be selling any to customers, but their retailers that do sell to customers will move 500 of them.

Hot Toys won't be selling any to customers, but their retailers that do sell to customers will move 500 of them.

Presumably they give them away to the wholesalers and retailers for free. So the wholesalers and retailers will keep all the money from the sales then? That's very generous fro a company like Hot Toys, how do the stay in business?

Wow!! I am off to become a wholesaler and a retailer! Free stuff everyone! :slap

between 800-900, more could be dangerous, the economy isn´t in a good situation for spend more money in a collectible.

Back